Hacking Question What new are we getting with Atmosphere?

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't see the value in waiting for this any more other than the classic excuse it will be free. The tx option pretty much covers if not all aspect anyone would want. Full hombrew support backuploader and is future proof. The waiting for emunand at this point from a real stand point seems pointless as there no real benefit from it feature wise unless your at 3.00 or below that's pretty much the minority of the switches in the wild. So I personally just pre ordered. if you can cough up the cash for 1 switch game there no excuse to not be able to afford it when everyone in the end is just gonna pirate games no matter how much they preach they are not here for it we see through you people like a glass cup.

Reactions: Snowhose

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I honestly don't see the value in waiting for this any more other than the classic excuse it will be free. The tx option pretty much covers if not all aspect anyone would want. Full hombrew support backuploader and is future proof. The waiting for emunand at this point from a real stand point seems pointless as there no real benefit from it feature wise unless your at 3.00 or below that's pretty much the minority of the switches in the wild. So I personally just pre ordered. if you can cough up the cash for 1 switch game there no excuse to not be able to afford it when everyone in the end is just gonna pirate games no matter how much they preach they are not here for it we see through you people like a glass cup.
Mods and plug-ins.... And open source so you can compile it yourself.

Last edited by Thetoto,

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can cough up the cash for 1 switch game there no excuse to not be able to afford it when everyone in the end is just gonna pirate games no matter how much they preach they are not here for it we see through you people like a glass cup.
people like this seem to appear more and more often
a psychology student like myself likes to see projection in the real world
makes my heart warm

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods and plug-ins.... And open source so you can compile it yourself.

Let step out of your fantasy world for 1 moment shall we... mods and plug in are all part of hombrew and that's supported out of the box. Almost if not 100% of users here don't know how to compile a simple hellos world to save there life. Thus your argument falls dead flat on its self. Just to further educate you in programming CFW on the switch will be tethered so be it atmosphere or TX os your gonna be tied to a phone/PC and a jig of sort to boot every time unless your on 4.x or lower. There literally no difference on eithere OS you use just one having backuploader before the other

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Let step out of your fantasy world for 1 moment shall we... mods and plug in are all part of hombrew and that's supported out of the box. Almost if not 100% of users here don't know how to compile a simple hellos world to save there life. Thus your argument falls dead flat on its self. Just to further educate you in programming CFW on the switch will be tethered so be it atmosphere or TX os your gonna be tied to a phone/PC and a jig of sort to boot every time unless your on 4.x or lower. There literally no difference on eithere OS you use just one having backuploader before the other
For most users, sure, SX OS is better. For advanced users, I don't think so.

And you can load Atmosphere with SX dongle.

Reactions: tecfreak

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For most users, sure, SX OS is better. For advanced users, I don't think so.

And you can load Atmosphere with SX dongle.

The library's for the switch have been out for a long time before even atmosphere was announced. As the tegra had shit tons of docs available and the dongle is just a payload pusher nothing more seems pointless to even bring it up as to add to your point.

Advanced user or code writers wouldn't need to have CFW with the rcm exploit being exposed at this point as it being proven with all the recent releases on this forum

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Let me reiterate, What type of functionality should we expect at release of Atmosphere that we currently don't have with WIP Atmosphere, hbl, hekate, pegaswitch?
Other than running a more modern CFW through emunand.

Thank you for you're hard work! I can't wait for the release of Atmosphere!

Literally nothing at all it will still require a device to send the payload every reboot and will act exactly the same as the current version just with less apps crashing on different fw ones all of them
Are updateD to run with the complete CFW BUILD being developed

coolsimon282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Except in the future there will be an un-tethered exploit to get Atmosphere running, without the need to send payloads.

It may not be any time soon, but I'll rest easy knowing I didn't drop any money getting it.

When the people who are buying in to TX now will either have to spend more money to get the coldboot exploit or will have to ditch TX completely.

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Except in the future there will be an un-tethered exploit to get Atmosphere running, without the need to send payloads.

It may not be any time soon, but I'll rest easy knowing I didn't drop any money getting it.

When the people who are buying in to TX now will either have to spend more money to get the coldboot exploit or will have to ditch TX completely.

I prefer software sollutions and I prefer them to be free, but I'll be getting a SX PRO because it is functional NOW (well, in 1-2 weeks when it releases) whereas all we got about Atmosphere is that it will release this summer and will not do backups unless someone develops a plugin/homebrew for it. I'm not a TX fanboy, my post history confirms that, but they simply got a functional product sooner than SciresM did, and they will have more useful functionality for me. I don't care about homebrew until some actually useful homebrew releases.

The SX PRO won't be obsolete when Atmosphere or other CFW release, as it will have the possibility to send custom payloads directly, so an useful tool to have for the future.

hitodesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have something I would like cleared up. So from what I know Emunand exists to keep you safe on OFW from bans, so that means, logically, you should play all of your backups and homebrew and the like explicitly offline correct? My question came up when I saw people talking about playing Splatoon on Emunand which makes me think that you should be banned (because that means going online) right? I was thinking about how this applies to my situation and am wondering if on emunand if it is safe to update backups as well as grab dlc (I need to get the performance patches for xenoblade).

In other words, will using emunand be the right way for me to get the performance patches for xenoblade and not have any repercussions?

If you are going to judge me for planning to use a backup loader to play xenoblade, please save it. I couldn't play it without them because I can't afford it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have something I would like cleared up. So from what I know Emunand exists to keep you safe on OFW from bans, so that means, logically, you should play all of your backups and homebrew and the like explicitly offline correct? My question came up when I saw people talking about playing Splatoon on Emunand which makes me think that you should be banned (because that means going online) right? I was thinking about how this applies to my situation and am wondering if on emunand if it is safe to update backups as well as grab dlc (I need to get the performance patches for xenoblade).

In other words, will using emunand be the right way for me to get the performance patches for xenoblade and not have any repercussions?

If you are going to judge me for planning to use a backup loader to play xenoblade, please save it. I couldn't play it without them because I can't afford it.
Yes, so long as you do everything legitimately on whatever NAND you're going online with. It makes more sense to do it with EmuNAND because you have more flexibility with EmuNAND than SysNAND. However, I wonder if Atmosphere can be loaded into the SysNAND since they said its designed to be an EmuNAND CFW which are 2 different animals. In theory, they're identical apart from having to figure out which NAND to read, the one inside the Switch or on the SD card.

kingfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't believe people should sell hardware exploits. Also not everyone does pirate things. Most people do but I've actually met some people who were really anal about not doing so but just want their console unlocked for Homebrew or emualtor or whatever.

I wait for the free releases typically because if I'm going to spend that money then I'm gonna actually buy a game so I can get more Switch games I like instead of on an exploit when there will be a free one eventually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CWaffles @ CWaffles: Yup. I install LM2 HD a little while ago