Gaming What Mario Kart Wii control scheme do YOU use?

What Mario Kart Wii control scheme do YOU use?

• Wii Wheel FTW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just the Wiimote!

• Wiimote + Nunchuk

• Classic controller

• Cube controller, baby

• What makes you think I'm playing this game?

• Total voters

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the Wiimote and Nunchuck so far. I only played it for about 2 hours but I will try the GC controller.

I will get the whell also, I want to try that.
wink.gif

The Afroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the wheel/wiimote option.. but i tried both for alot of races and the cube controller gives you a hell of alot more control.

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tried every control option available to me and here is my personal preference from best to worst:
Nunchuck + Wiimote
Gamecube Controller
Classic Controller
Wiimote
Wii Wheel

I was looking at some photos of the new Wii Wheel that comes with Mario Kart and it looks like it is more ergonomically designed than the one I have. The positioning of the b button is awkward and hand placement is very unnatural for me. I really wish that Nintendo would make a proper mountable wheel with brake and gas pedals. I know it probably won't happen though.

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Vater Unser said:
itago said:
Same goes for SSMB
It's SSBB, and it's clearly intended to be played with either the Classic or the GameCube controller
unsure.gif

WTF!! the best controller for SSBB is the Wiimote + Nunchuk style, w/ modification (down arrow jumping)... I mean, no wire, your hands are free and you can play wherever you like...

and i think the wiimote on the wheel is the best option... once you get used to it, that is

skullwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only legitimate control scheme is Wiimote and Nunchuck. You can still obtain the trick boosts, do wheelies on the bike (To make up for bikes only getting one mini-boost from power sliding), and you don't have to move your only steering method to do them.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted cube controller because I tried one race with the Wiimote and didn't like it at first. cube controller is familiar and good for tight races. But I gave the Wiimote a try again today and it's actually not that bad. I was able to power slide around corners and it caught all the little adjustments just fine. I think it will be more fun when my Wii Wheel comes.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just the wiimote, I wanted Mario Kart Wii, and without Wii controls, it might as well have been a GameCube game. The Wii Wheel would have been nice to have though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y