RE4 Wii Edition nunchuk screen patch main.dol

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if it does not need a new thread but I have a real question. I play on a regular Wii, and it's about Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition. I play this game with the GameCube controller and It will be some YEARS that I'm looking for a way to skip/pass the Nunchuk check screen. I recently find this topic :
h ttps://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/page-182
in which some of you talk about patching the main.dol in order to use the gamepad (and indirectly pass the nunchuk screen), it works for the classic controller on the USA version but obviously not for the GC controller (that was not planned for it anyway) and simply doesn't work for none controller in the European version (the one I play of course...).

So my question is, Isn't it possible to modify by Hexadecimal the main.dol file in order to completely and once for all remove the nunchuk "check" ?. Obviously there is no way to put the US main.dol on the Pal version (It launch the game main menu but not a game) but anyway it doesn't allow to pass the screen without a Wiimote + CC with the GetExtTypePatcher.

Thanks in advance, and please... don't tell me to just play to the GameCube version ^^

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Play the GameCube Version. :tpi:

More seriouly, unless a good soul indicates which hex sequence needs to be modified in the PAL main.dol to bypass the nunchuk check (like in the US version), you're stuck.

Last edited by Ouaz,

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like I said I looked for a solution for years, so I know the only solution is something like this, that's literally the kind of help I'm looking for by posting my request on this forum ^^. I hope someone skilled about this stuff can view this thread.

LoveCheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't you have a nunchuck handy? Honestly the Wii version is much more intuitive to play with the Wii mote.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Play the Gamecube version.

It's gonna be way too tough that someone has interest in that kind of hack at this point in time. Better get accustomed to the idea of using the Wiimote+Nunchuk, which is also a great new way to play the classic RE4.

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Play the Gamecube version.

It's gonna be way too tough that someone has interest in that kind of hack at this point in time. Better get accustomed to the idea of using the Wiimote+Nunchuk, which is also a great new way to play the classic RE4.
I played this game with Wiimote and nunchuk and finish it 40 times. I played this game on GameCube as well and even on PS2. That's not the point. I just want to play the Wii version now without taking my old Wiimote from the drawer, putting batteries, turn it on, remove batteries, put back the Wiimote in the drawer...

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I played this game with Wiimote and nunchuk and finish it 40 times. I played this game on GameCube as well and even on PS2. That's not the point. I just want to play the Wii version now without taking my old Wiimote from the drawer, putting batteries, turn it on, remove batteries, put back the Wiimote in the drawer...
I'm just joking, dude. I even own all versions, minus the remake. Sadly, it's gonna be next to impossible that someones gets interested in the hack you're needing. I could suggest you to commision it, money always talks.

In retrospective, it's a shame that the game was coded to need that nunchuk check. Why even offer the other controller options? Annoying decision.

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I agree they're annoying lol, even classic controller doesn't pass the screen whereas the connector is the same. I really surprised nobody made a cheat code or trying something to bypass the screen... I'm pretty sure not be the only one "annoyed" by this thought.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I really surprised nobody made a cheat code or trying something to bypass the screen... I'm pretty sure not be the only one "annoyed" by this thought.
Once it was achieved going past that screen to use the Classic and the Gamepad, there wasn't much point in doing that for the Gamecube controller, after all, you can't even plug it to the console. Though I do see it as a good hack for also using the best classic controller on RE4, the pool of benefitting users is a niche.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
Once it was achieved going past that screen to use the Classic and the Gamepad, there wasn't much point in doing that for the Gamecube controller, after all, you can't even plug it to the console. Though I do see it as a good hack for also using the best classic controller on RE4, the pool of benefitting users is a niche.

Of course it can be plugged into the console, the first wii consoles had gamecube controller ports and was also backwards compatible with NGC games.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Of course it can be plugged into the console, the first wii consoles had gamecube controller ports and was also backwards compatible with NGC games.
No shit, Sherlock :rofl: . Can't you clearly read i'm talking about the only hack to make it work ON THE WII U+GAMEPAD?

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No shit, Sherlock :rofl: . Can't you clearly read i'm talking about the only hack to make it work ON THE WII U+GAMEPAD?
If I told about the Wii U gamepad patch that's only because it is the only single task which have been brushed a solution to this problem since 2008. I am not dumb, I know if the patch concern the gamepad and emulate the classic controller, it has nothing to do with GameCube controller. However it gives me the "clue" that the main.dol is the file which can probably own the variable which check controllers. Basically the Wii U patch gave me some hope I would say.
(Sorry for my English if it means nothing sometimes)

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If I told about the Wii U gamepad patch that's only because it is the only single task which have been brushed a solution to this problem since 2008. I am not dumb, I know if the patch concern the gamepad and emulate the classic controller, it has nothing to do with GameCube controller. However it gives me the "clue" that the main.dol is the file which can probably own the variable which check controllers. Basically the Wii U patch gave me some hope I would say
You can see by the quote in my post i'm not talking to you, so you better read it again.

Anyway, better experiment on your own with the already hacked game and you'll probably get something eventually, who knows. Good luck and godspeed. I'm off to toy with some source code.

Edit: quick suggestion, look for help on the Romhacking.net forums. You might even be able to commission a hacker there.

Last edited by niuus,

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Honestly the Wii version is much more intuitive to play with the Wii mote.
Yeah, it works well.

Unfortunately, the difficulty has not been tuned accordingly.

With the wiimote pointer, the aiming is obviously waaaay faster, and chaining headshots or knees is a walk in the park thanks to this BIG visor.
But the enemies haven't been made faster or more defensive to compensate the easier aiming (like pressing the player faster, being more aggressive, sidestepping more often, or always defending their head with their weapon when they have one).

Although I liked the Wiimote controls, it is kind of "boring" with it (even in Pro difficulty), like playing "God Mode".

GC version stayed my RE4 fix because of that, and also because there is some interesting Wiird codes for it (by Ralf), like toggle fog on/off, custom laser color, custom dot size... and "Ashley is not prudish" :ph34r:

There's even a code to make enemies move faster on GC. It works well, but breaks some enemy animations sometimes (they cut abruptly).
However, THIS would be an interesting code to port to the Wii version :wink wink:, as it would help for a better difficulty balance when playing with the wiimote.

Code:
Resident Evil 4 Gamecube PAL [G4BP08]

Enemies Speed Modifier [Ralf]
C215A25C 00000002
2C000000 3E20xxxx
922B0298 00000000

x2.0 - 4000
x1.25 - 3FA0
x1.0 - 3F80
x0.5 - 3F00

Last edited by Ouaz,

creedof69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way on the Dolphin emulator to show up the "console" which will display used game files un real time ?
With this maybe I could see which file is used at the moment the nunchuk screen appears... In a first time.

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is the same problem with endless ocean 2 as inject. You can't pass the "plug nunchuck or classic controller" screen when you try to play with wii u gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah see that's were you're wrong it's the shitbox everything has to be very serious