What is the most disappointing cancellation of a game in history to you?

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me:
Silent hills- This one still hurts. I never understood why Konami wanted to erase all existence of this game. I understand that developer drama can happen and games get canceled, but considering how popular the demo was you'd think Konami could just charge 5 bucks for people to download it and make a nice bundle of cash on a literal teaser for an unfinished product. I usually have a cynical "oh publishers are greedy and only care about money" attitude but this decision still baffles me. Unless there was some legal reason they couldn't continue to have the demo on the PS Store? It still is disappointing that they didn't even try to save that game at all. If it were EA or Ubisoft you know they never would have let such a potential cash cow slip away from them.

Prey 2- The cyberpunk setting and the 1v1 fps bounty hunter gameplay loop just looked fantastic. I saw myself having a ton of fun with that game as I'm such a sucker for cyberpunk/tech noir. When it got cancelled I was pretty bummed.

Reactions: migles
D

Deleted User

Sonic Xtreme. The series could have been wildly different today if the game had been released on time.

Sucks, too; Chris Senn and his team put ass loads of work into the game, but, thanks to the cancelation of it, much of it goes unused to this day.

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself