GBAtemp.net
XP
CDnXx5qWYAAHOED.jpg:large

RolfXCIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you want to know how to shoot yourself in the foot? Because this is how to shoot yourself in the foot.

Anyway for those who are interested into legit Videogame Journalism:

Based on this video, it seems this is less about some serious issue like financial problems and more about cleaning the house. The Metal Gear series is scheduled to end for about a decade, the profits from it have been declining and the costs rising. In its Wikipedia page, Konami is referred as the fifth-largest game company in the world by revenue; however, the games market researcher Newzoo listed Konami as the twentieth-largest two weeks ago: http://www.newzoo.com/free/rankings/top-25-companies-by-game-revenues/ As said in the video, there is a push to legalize gambling in Japan, and Konami wants to be ready to become a frontrunner in this huge business. Curiously enough, this can't be seen as going against their clients, because this is what they want, whilst Metal Gear's audience has been diminishing. Supply and demand. I'll make a supposition, that they will make one or both of these actions: invest more in the growing mobile gaming, pour new blood in their gaming developers - I think these two are intertwined. However, they also know they have a cult following, popular gaming franchises and big-budget games are here to stay, as some companies with a big emphasis on them are present and somewhat established in the top 25 companies by game revenues. Another supposition is that Silent Hills is a casualty because of the Kojima affair, and not a standalone decision guided by profit; this might mean they'll use the work already done in a new title, and the ideas and developments in this one might still be present in the new game.

Hideo Kojima made great games and will probably continue to make them, but it tells something that a widely-anticipated iteration of an established franchise has been cancelled because Kojima won't work on it, despite other sonant names and probably a lot of talent being involved in the development. He'll be fine, another company will take him or he might have enough influence to fund a new good game developer/publisher. Who knows, he might create new great series to push gaming development forward and appeal to an younger audience.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this might mean they'll use the work already done in a new title, and the ideas and developments in this one might still be present in the new game.
I'm pretty sure they said that they're abandoning Silent hills entirely and the next Silent hill game will be made out from scratch.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yeah, but it be could preserved so when the console is unlocked it will playable again for those who missed it.
If it's like on PS3 then it'll work whenever but when it comes down to full games even if they were free (Welcome Pack 2011) it still needs to be reconnected to the internet to renew the licence and then that's unfortunate, because at some point they'll shut down the servers for PS3.

At least with 360 games/demos I know I can play them as long as I have the files and profile, heck, it literally feels like a physical game as I can transfer the files to PC and burn it to a CD/DVD but that's unnecessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Is your new PS3 modded/CFW?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, always has been
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool, lots of cool games available for PS3. Game on!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi already making new people mad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, Nick is not that new
    Ohayogozaimasu = Good Morning
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohgayhoe
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si