Hacking Question What is the lowest firmware on which every game works on CFW and any reasons to stay on 4.01

TheProxyOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like in subject, I just unpacking new switch and becouse it has (very) low serial number it seems hackable, but first I like to know are they any reasons to keep it on 4.0.1? And also what is the lowest firmware on which I can enjoy all games lets say with intaling the with tinfoil to skip version check, and what about game updates can I also skip firmware check on game updates somehow?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stay on fm 4 if you want to eventually have the ability to launch cfw through a web exploit that works half the time and takes longer than just using a jig. Otherwise just update to 6.1 which you now have to do with choidjour since the latest official fm is 6.2 and that breaks cfw. or wait for 6.2 to get cracked and then update officially.

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

TheProxyOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, and also another thing, lets say i going to update through choidjour (hope thats the name) any reason to not update all controlers firmware?

TheProxyOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried Starlink after installing with ignore fw feature on tinfoil when i was on 5.1 that wouldn't work.I had to go to 6.1 sx os emunand to get it working.

thats good to know, for now I did full backup and updated with chominjour :D with Auto RCM but I think I still burned fuse of cartridge port but that doesn't matter for me

Reactions: fiddlefaddle22

Aisuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried Starlink after installing with ignore fw feature on tinfoil when i was on 5.1 that wouldn't work.I had to go to 6.1 sx os emunand to get it working.

It appears to indeed require the new 6.x key. I've yet to run into a game that's on something more recent than 5.x, they must still be rare.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Though, I'm not sure, on that dark site, some report it works on 5.1 if you ignore fw.. Just in case, you need to ignore fw on both the game nsp and update nsp. And reading the entire dark "starlink issues with 5.1" thread, it definitely does not require 6.x.

Last edited by Aisuga,
Reactions: fiddlefaddle22

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
It appears to indeed require the new 6.x key. I've yet to run into a game that's on something more recent than 5.x, they must still be rare.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Though, I'm not sure, on that dark site, some report it works on 5.1 if you ignore fw.. Just in case, you need to ignore fw on both the game nsp and update nsp. And reading the entire dark "starlink issues with 5.1" thread, it definitely does not require 6.x.
I tried several different nsp's to try and get it to work on 5.1 and 1.01,102 update with tinfoil but it kept asking for a software update.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you use the ignore fw feature of tinfoil, everything still works on 5.X afaik.

I can't remember what version it was I was running, but the sonic game worked fine with tinfoil but launching the manual didn't work until I upgraded to a later version.

Because tinfoil only fixed the main title.

I don't know why you wouldn't upgrade to 6.1, if you want to avoid burning fuses so you can downgrade to 4.x again then use autorcm and always boot cfw

Last edited by smf,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Really now? Because i'm on 5.1, i installed Starlink, the update and the DLC unlocker using the ignore firmware option on tinfoil and it works PERFECTLY fine for me

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a used Switch today, and it has 4.0.1. I'm not sure if I should update.

If you upgrade using choidujournx and leave autorcm enabled by default and always boot cfw so no more fuses are burned, then there is no reason to stay on 4.0.1

If you want to connect your switch to wifi then make sure you block over the air updates. I block them on my router, but you can do it with homebrew running on the switch (just make sure you don't connect to wifi when it's not running though).

TheProxyOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Without fuses burned, can now I play and change firmware between 4.0.1 and 6.1 without consequences? For example today I install 6.1 and tomorrow 4.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn