Hacking Question What is the difference between the SX OS and Atmosphere currently?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere:
Better cheat support
Blocks telemetry by dumping itself to the SD Card.
Opensource
Module loading

Is the telemetry blocking thing properly working if I use the CFW for homebrew and dont load backups? Then reboot and use OFW online normally?

Emunand is what keeps me on sx os, other features are nice to have but not as important as emunand for me. If atmosphere is ban proof without backup loading i wouldnt need sx anymore.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came here to ask the same question actually. I currently run SXOS on the latest supported firmware along with Kosmos for my SD files. I don't care about the 7x support since it doesn't matter currently, but I still want to install some other things in case support does drop in the future. I don't plan on updating until games come out that actually need it.

I saw the post about ArgonNX and that looks great. I just have one question before I install. Can I boot it using the SXOS dongle? I don't like being tied to my PC to boot my Switch. I'm assuming I can just rename the argon-nx.bin file to boot.dat and do it that way, but I wanted confirmation before I do something that breaks my system. Since I already have SXOS and Kosmos, I can just drop all of the ArgonNX files onto my SD and I'll have everything needed to launch all 4 firmwares? It looks like it includes ReiNX and such.

JBMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I came here to ask the same question actually. I currently run SXOS on the latest supported firmware along with Kosmos for my SD files. I don't care about the 7x support since it doesn't matter currently, but I still want to install some other things in case support does drop in the future. I don't plan on updating until games come out that actually need it.

I saw the post about ArgonNX and that looks great. I just have one question before I install. Can I boot it using the SXOS dongle? I don't like being tied to my PC to boot my Switch. I'm assuming I can just rename the argon-nx.bin file to boot.dat and do it that way, but I wanted confirmation before I do something that breaks my system. Since I already have SXOS and Kosmos, I can just drop all of the ArgonNX files onto my SD and I'll have everything needed to launch all 4 firmwares? It looks like it includes ReiNX and such.
You need to convert the argon-nx.bin file to a boot.dat file. You can do it here https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

Sunnyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for me SXOS still rules the whole switch, there is no beter CFW ( sorry ), people still asking bla bla bla, wait and see, there are only stupid games that asking for 7.0, when yoshi coming out the 29-3 then there will be panick

D

Deleted User

for me SXOS still rules the whole switch, there is no beter CFW ( sorry ), people still asking bla bla bla, wait and see, there are only stupid games that asking for 7.0, when yoshi coming out the 29-3 then there will be panick
You know, not everyone thinks games like Deltarune are stupid. Did you even try them?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Only people who don't want to understand say something like this.

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just introduced to switch modding like last week
Got my switch today and began modding straight away !

Install AMS with the help of sdsetup
Signature patches
USB install NSP
Most importantly for me proper shutdown

I am a happy man no need to buy sxpro :D
Currently waiting for my payload injector from aliexpress

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to say sx rules the switch cfw scene when both alternative cfw solutions already support the latest fw.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Sunnyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to say sx rules the switch cfw scene when both alternative cfw solutions already support the latest fw.

@8BitWonder, thats for sure, but sxos whas the first with CFW and usb support, makes one the the best installer.
nowtake the new 7.0 a bit longer than expect and all the people is crying bla bla bla,
just wait for it, them well make a good solution for this one, i believe in the team SXOS

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@8BitWonder, thats for sure, but sxos whas the first with CFW and usb support, makes one the the best installer.
nowtake the new 7.0 a bit longer than expect and all the people is crying bla bla bla,
just wait for it, them well make a good solution for this one, i believe in the team SXOS

sorry, but SX OS was not the first CFW

and 48 days is not "a bit longer"

makazula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been debating about this SXOS matter for the couple of months since I got my switch.

Basically I've been using Atmo all this time, and it runs smoothly. Most of what I read about SXOS include problems with warmboot, need to launch payloads every time you reboot, frequent broken stuff, weak homebrew support, dated modules, no CReport etc. Now, I never used SXOS, and it's hard to differentiate what's real or not when many of this experiences are one-sided reports with a lot of drama in it.

Still I'm always considering giving it a shot just for one reason: being able to easily switch between legit online and hax. From what I read from SX users, well used xci has been avoiding bans (though I dislike the xci idea, much rather have games installed) and emunand offline is pretty much safe. So, there's two ways to switch easily legit and hax (one safer than the other for sure).

Having this in Atmo seems harder, if you have piracy (installed nsp's) you either backup and restore your Nand constantly or have a second switch. At least until emunand drops on Atmo, which does not look like it's happening soon™.

Now on the other hand, TX really look shady. And I don't mean just the open source drama, but their communication also. Specially compared to the straight communication given by SciresM, for example.

I don't really care about the 30$, I would pay that just for an Emunand module. As long as it is stable enough and doesn't mess with my sysnand.

TLDR:

I love Atmo, it has been working perfect, never had any misbehaviour from it. But I want to easily boot on OFW, to buy legit games that I liked (yep, "if you like this game, buy it") and play online.

Is anyone out there who isn't at just one side of the fence, and has some setup like: Atmo&Hekate(for hb, emulation and handling stuff like updating, backup and restore nand, etc)/ OFW (legit games, legit online)/SXOS Emunand (piracy) ?

Is this even practical? And if so, how do you chainload? Can you use Hekate to load all of those, including emunand, or would I need something like Argon? Just because I really like Hekate to be my payload.

Last edited by makazula,

goukifafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SXOS doesnt have the RAM patch for running homebrew loader with full ram support. AMS does thats why i am not switching.

Pips

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

Just updating this topic to know what are now the differences between Atmosphere 0.15.0 and SX OS 3.0.5 ?
As far as I know, atmosphere have now the emuMMC for example.

And do you think the arrest of 3 executer staff will affect the development of SX OS?

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

Just updating this topic to know what are now the differences between Atmosphere 0.15.0 and SX OS 3.0.5 ?
As far as I know, atmosphere have now the emuMMC for example.

And do you think the arrest of 3 executer staff will affect the development of SX OS?

Thanks
Apparently it didn't :rofl2:

Reactions: Shiro_The_Fox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo