Hardware What is the best SLIM DVD+/-R Burner...

suppachipmunk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello all.

I have a nearly 3 year old laptop (HP zd8000), and the slim burner is going out on me. It has never been the best burner, it is a Samsung piece o' crap! Recently, it has started making more and more coasters, and it is hardly able to read the disc that it has created. So it is time for a new one.

My question is, which Slim DVD burner is the best on the market as of now? I have heard bad things out of all the Samsung drives, and my current one has proven this theory. I have noticed that there IS NO Slim DVD burner that has current drivers. So custom firmware may be the way to go.

I have heard some good things about this drive.
Pioneer Internal Slim 8X DVD Burner with 5X DVD-RAM Black IDE Model DVR-K17 - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....+burner&x=0&y=0

It is only $64.99 plus 4.99 shipping. The problem is that it also has NO current drivers.

Any help, thoughts, opinions are greatly appreciated. I am in no real hurry, as I am indefinetely borrowing my brother's external HP burner (he dont know it).

Thanks in advance.

suppachipmunk

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DVD burners need drivers? I've never had to install one in my life (for CD or DVD burning), and I've installed many burners. Maybe it's something specific to laptop drives? I haven't bought too many aftermarket drives for laptops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show