Hacking What is BootMii as IOS SD Card File(s) structure

requiem_mortis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Recently softmodded a brand new EU PAL Wii. It started from Sysmenu 4.0.

Using a 2Gb SD card I used the updatepal package referred to in the SoftMod guide to get HBC installed.
Installed BootMii as IOS and created a NAND backup.
Then used SciiFii to update - Admin all options.
Then manually installed wads for cIOS202,222,223 V4 & cIOSx 249 Base 57 cIOS 250 Base 38 as per complete softmod guide
Updated to preloader 0.4 hacks.ini for EU 4.2
Installed USB Loader GX and everythings working fine
yaywii.gif

I then decided to prepare a cleaned down version of things on a 1Gb SD card as the Wii is intended for a family friend and I don't want the Kiddy running WAD manager and various other modding utilities from the SD card but I do want to be able to use the installed card to do some maintenance if required (I'll rename the bootmii folder or something once I get it running to hide it).

So I copied across the BootMii folder and the private\Wii\Title\aktn folder + the various files within those but whenever I try using it to load BootMii I just get a black screen and double blink pause double blink pause... from the wii drive light.

I can launch BootMii from the 2Gb (Preloader & HBC routes) just not from the 1Gb SD
blink.gif
unsure.gif

I've checked out the WiiBrew and BootMii pages and done some searching here but don't seem to be able to find a difinitive SD file(s) structure for BootMiii as IOS, any help would be appreciated.

I have tried running the HackMii installer from HBC with the 1Gb card and re-installing BootMii as IOS to no avail.

1st Noob Question
"What do I need to copy ?" and "Where do I need to put it ?" in order to get my 1Gb BootMii as IOS installation operative.

2nd Noob Question
MiiExtractor and MiiLoader don't seem to work under this configuration ...(I'm guessing it needs cIOS 17 or earlier i.e a 249 based on 37 ) is there a version of these utilities that work with the new cIOSX's ?

3rd Noob Question
I copied across some WiiWare 'titles' from my NTSC machine SD card but I get "This application cannot be run from this machine" even with Region Free channels and VC enabled in PreLoader. Is this a viable method of transferring WiiWare ? [I've installed PAL versions of the ones needed and they work fine]

Thankyou in advance for any help you may care to provide.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Your SD card may not be compatible with BootMii.
2. What errors do they give?
3. You can't copy over channels from one machine to another using the SD card menu. Get or create WADs of them and install them with WAD manager.

requiem_mortis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As I put in the title of the original post this is for my education rather than any pressing need to resolve the issues so many thanks for taking the time to respond.

Gordinio said:
1. Your SD card may not be compatible with BootMii.
It's a Viking 1Gb - Worked for everything else I've ever put on it for use with the Wii - do you think reformatting it might have been worth trying ?

If you were to start with a blank formatted SD Card and a pre softmodded Wii which had had BootMii as IOS installed, what would be the minimum requirement for the Files and Directory structure there of to allow BootMii to function ?

Gordinio said:
2. What errors do they give?
Apologies should have included the error number on the first post unfortunately I don't recall at this point and machine + card has been given back.

QUOTE(Gordinio @ May 13 2010, 08:09 PM)
3. You can't copy over channels from one machine to another using the SD card menu. Get or create WADs of them and install them with WAD manager.
Thought as much - I dd install the ones I wanted from WAD's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?