Hacking What (good) devices are still available/safe to get?

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What timing, just when I decide to order a flash cart, Nintendo declares war on piracy
dry.gif

So, what's a good flash cart that I can still obtain, and where's the best place to get it? (Shipping to America, Florida specifically).
The ability to play Daigasso! Band Brothers DX, FF4 DS, the Phoenix Wright games, Castlevania PoR, and general good compatibility are a must. Drag and drop interface is preferred.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
CycloDS > SCDS1 > Acekard RPG > Acekard 2 > M3 Real > EDGE > DSTT > N5 (Because it gets updates. how ironic) > R4/m3 simply > DS-X > CLONES

Green means great
Red means not so good, so not worth getting
The other means AVOID.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... CycloDS is looking mighty interesting... What would be a good MicroSD to use with that one?
BTW, I'm trying to keep it under/around $70, if possible.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phew, 4 GB... It'd be nice to have... Especially since I don't have to worry about getting a Japanese card. Can anyone confirm that that MicoSD is a good card? I'm a total noob to all of this, so sorry for all the questions
happy.gif
;

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You'll be good with almost any microSD (SDHC), just look for cards with higher class!! A-DATA is one of the most used cards, and many many people are suggesting it as a great card..
I'm using SanDisk 4GB Class 2 (the s/lowest class you can get, but it's was the only one I could get locally at the time, so I bought it), and I must say I'm totally satisfied with it, never had any problems, it's just I have to wait a bit longer while copying stuff from PC..
I also have a Kingston 4GB Class 4, and it's also great card..

Just try to avoid noname/brandless cards and you should be fine..

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Getting a flash cart from www.echostore.com is pretty safe, since Nintendo isn't taking any action in flash carts based in the United States. I've ordered from them twice with no problems at all; get my package 3 days after I order. Only problem; they're out of CycloDS's
frown.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bug you all again... but I really don't know what I'm looking for...
I guess I'm gonna go with the CycloDS Evolution, but I have no idea what sort of MicroSD I need... I'm not very tech savvy... I'm looking for either a 2 or 4 GB (the cheaper the better - but I don't want to sacrifice functionality), but I just don't know what is good and what isn't...

Also, just to make sure, the CycloDS Evolution DOES support DBBDX's 8 MB save, right? This is important, really important, because this IS the reason why I am getting it - To swap between multiple saves and bypass the 100 song download limit.

That and what I've mentioned in the first post.
Oh and um... can it run GBA/SNES/NES/GEN emulation?

I'm really sorry for asking so many questions, I just really don't know what I'm doing...

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rubedo said:
Erm... it seems that I can't seem to get CycloDS's website to load... did they get hit by Nintendo? >_>
Now what?

Personally even with the site down I would stick with the CycloDS Evolution. To be fair, I have only used one other cart (the R4) and to me the Cyclo was way better. Its the small things, better support, not having to worry about the spring breaking, not to mention all the great features the cyclo can do.

The Cyclo can emulate NES/GB/GBC games with just a slot 1 (regular DS cartrige) device and I believe can emulate Snes with a slot 2 (GBA cartridge slot) passcard (I havent done this yet, correct me if im wrong anyone?)

The Cyclo cannot *emulate* GBA games, however the current cyclo does have a Beta feature where you can load your GBA games with use of a Cyclo mini, or EZ 3 in 1 (slot 2 device)

As far as your memory card goes, you can walk into most any electronics selling store and just request they show you what is available in MicroSD. There is also SD cards and Mini SD cards, make sure you buy *micro* should say it right on the package.
Personally I think a 2GB card is more than enough for most people and they are fairly cheap these days, dont pay more than $15 - $20 or you are getting hosed. Stick with brand name cards (Kingston, SanDisk) and you wont have a problem.

Many people here are serious gamers so they will more often get 8GB cards, and will complain if 2 or 3 out of thousands of games run slowly. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I use a 6Gb card myself but 99.9% of the time you are not going to experience any problems with just a regular cheap (not brandX made in china) micro SD card.

Sorry for the long winded first post.. but

Summary:
I reccomend the CycloDS Evolution. Even if the site goes down indefinitely I would purchase their card again for myself without hesitation. Dont worry so much about the memory card just keep in mind what I said above. Im sure others will correct me if I said anything wrong. I was new to the scene not that long ago myself and trust me, it isnt that difficult to pick up.

*EDIT*
No idea about your 8MB saves though. someone else can chime in on that one.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rubedo said:
Erm... it seems that I can't seem to get CycloDS's website to load... did they get hit by Nintendo? >_>
Now what?

We're not sure as of the moment. Apparently, even their mods aren't aware of whats happening.

It looks like they're laying low until the whole "Flashkart lawsuits" die down.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Rubedo said:
Now what?

We're not sure as of the moment. Apparently, even their mods aren't aware of whats happening.

But how would I get the CycloDS firmware if the site is down? >_>
Also, does it come in Black? The white is sleek and all, but I'd rather it match the other DS cards, and it'd look better on my blue DSP.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rubedo said:
ojsinnerz said:
Rubedo said:
Now what?

Also, does it come in Black? The white is sleek and all, but I'd rather it match the other DS cards, and it'd look better on my blue DSP.

Try the downloads section
tongue.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rubedo said:
ojsinnerz said:
Rubedo said:
Now what?

The GBAtemp's download section should have it.

Yes, it does come in black. Just find the black CycloDS.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rubedo said:
Is Real Hot Stuff REALLY reliable? >_>
They sure have a lot of typos in their FAQs...

The CycloDS's website is back online.

Also, I've never used them, since their international Shipping is outrageously expensive, or so I've heard.

However, I heard from countless members that they got their orders within a few days. I've never heard of negatives toward them, yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Worst would be getting a DRM rootkit from using audio CDs and then Sony getting sued.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Least I can throw the nvme at neighbors now
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    get a 2 TB NVMe from amazon, return the fucked one, get replacement and send that one to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Easier way buy one with a preadded heatsync pop the heat sync open
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some nerd at Amazon warehouse may tell the end of the colors off
    I'd like a 990 pro tyvm <З
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gen 5s going to be crazy expensive at like 10k transfer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $300for 2tb
    don't have anything that can take PCIe5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's still m.2 form just the next gen
    ew crucial
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 6tb nvme pc ftw