Gaming What games show off the full potential of the Gamepad ? or could show off ...

northp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best idea I have had for years has been a game like, WRC, Dirt, some rally game where the driver can't see a map or turns and the copilot holding the gamepad would get the map etc and have to call out turns and warnings. THAT IS WHAT I WANT! :D Heard it may be in Project Cars.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's sad how empty this thread is.

Anyone else have a situation where the felt the gamepad worked ?

wii.u.gamepad.guy.jpg

This guy didn't convince me.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The wii u gamepad is great at collecting dust. I've never had a nintendo console so good at it.

It's also a great reminder that I should not buy nintendo consoles at launch. Can't fault it in this regard.

northp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know but I play all my games on the wiiu pad and not my tv.... Easier to lounge on the couch.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Cool.
How about this:
You turn to your left to look in the "Full screen" rear view mirror, or you turn to your right to look in the "Full screen" rear view mirror. Turning all the way backwards might be awkward during gameplay.

I don't think you know how a rear view mirror works.

Anyway, if you use the gamepad to steer like a steering wheel, you probably have the controller in front of you... probably quite near your face. Unless you steer with your penis. And it's pretty damn fast to move your eyeballs from straight-towards-the-TV to slightly-down-towards-the-gamepad-right-in-front-of-me. Just sayin'

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until some of those Wii U killer games are released I only play call of duty with my U. I grab my wii remote, turn on my Wii U, load my profile, hit the home button and turn off the gamepad. Yes, the first thing I do before even starting the game is to turn off the gamepad. I haven't had much use for the gamepad at all and I bought my U on release day.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not per se a good example of gamepad usage in games, but off screen play is fantastic. It works quite well without problems in my apartment with a couple concrete walls between the WiiU and pad in some places..

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Not per se a good example of gamepad usage in games, but off screen play is fantastic. It works quite well without problems in my apartment with a couple concrete walls between the WiiU and pad in some places..
Really?
In my apartement it wont work if I have only one wall between the gamepad and wiiu ! :(

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Really?
In my apartement it wont work if I have only one wall between the gamepad and wiiu ! :(
Yeah, I was as surprised as you. Not that I have too much time to play with my console due to work, but when I do, I can play while my girlfriend takes over the TV. Hopefully Wii gaming is made possible on the gamepad at some point. Quite a few games don't use the motion controls in a way that would limit the gamepad compatibility..

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was as surprised as you. Not that I have too much time to play with my console due to work, but when I do, I can play while my girlfriend takes over the TV. Hopefully Wii gaming is made possible on the gamepad at some point. Quite a few games don't use the motion controls in a way that would limit the gamepad compatibility..

Wii gaming is possible on the gamepad right now. The only drawback is you have to use a Wii controller to play, so the gamepad is just a Wii television screen. This is however still awesome for me who gets tons of extra gaming due to off tv play....I can work through some of my Wii backlog a bit more efficiently and even gamecube too due to devolution.

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wut ?
Someone thinks the game pad is good !

There are multiple instances of asymmetric gameplay effectively using the gamepad in Nintendo Land. Luigi's Mansion, for example, where the user with the gamepad can see everything while the other players cannot see the ghost on the big TV. It makes playing the two roles very different and something you can't do if everyone is on the same screen. There's Chase Mii where the player with the gamepad has a map of every other player's location so he can plan his route to try to avoid them better while the players on the screen only have their own limited view and must communicate and coordinate to find the gamepad player. This was experimented with back on the gamecube with the GBA connectivity in the game Pacman Vs. where one player plays as pacman on the GBA and sees the whole map and the ghosts' locations, while the ghosts use the TV and only have a limited view from their own location. Don't see how this is such a hard concept to understand.

At the end of the day, the game pad can be useful in niche situations.
But not useful enough to be a good idea.
Since it adds $150 to the Wii .... it is the main reason the Wii U is a flop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.