Gaming What games show off the full potential of the Gamepad ? or could show off ...

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the Gamepad work well for catching baseballs ?

wii.u.gamepad.to.catch.baseballs.jpg

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does not Wii U also have TV Guide functionality like Xbone? It's hilarious that nobody ever talks about this :lol:

I use the TV guide function of my Xbox One quite frequently due to it being the center of my home entertainment Thank you. The wii Facetime thingy I never use because Nobody else has a wii U that I would even bother trying to videochat

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use the TV guide function of my Xbox One quite frequently due to it being the center of my home entertainment Thank you. The wii Facetime thingy I never use because Nobody else has a wii U that I would even bother trying to videochat

Is Wii U video chat ... only from Wii U to Wii U ?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have loved to have had the gamepad for Splinter Cell when it was good. I used the GBA connectivity on the GCN version of Chaos Theory to monitor my sticky-cams without having to be stationary, and the gamepad would have greatly improved on that functionality.

Another thing I'd like to see games implement is a cinematic camera for the TV, so the person playing on the gamepad gets a camera that works for playing, but people sitting around watching can get neat camera angles better meant for watching.

Nintendo Land did a great job, I think, of showing off the potential of asymmetric gameplay. I tried to explain it to my brother, that by having one person with a screen only for himself, you can really change how multiplayer games work, but he just didn't get it. When he played games like the Chase Mii and Luigi's Mansion attractions of Nintendo Land, he finally understood the draw of asymmetric gameplay and the gamepad.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's still Skype on Vita, Android, and iOS. Being owned by Microsoft doesn't affect it's range and distribution.
MS has no handheld so it doesn't compete with the Vita. Android and iOS are just way too popular to be ignored and Windows Phone is not getting that popular that soon

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About the gamepad potential:

- Off-tv play is very convenient and a great selling point imo.
- Split-screen games can be played as separate screen games.
- You can set each screen to show different locations in the same game.
- You can view the same object from different angles or even different context (like normal view on TV and infrared/x-ray view on gamepad)

Nintendo Land gives good ideas about gamepad use. Particularly Luigi's Mansion minigame in which the ghost is invisible on the TV.
ZombiU multiplayer is brilliant, you have two players playing the same game in completely different ways.

Reactions: slingblade1170

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
About the gamepad potential:

- Off-tv play is very convenient and a great selling point imo.
- Split-screen games can be played as separate screen games.
- You can set each screen to show different locations in the same game.
- You can view the same object from different angles or even different context (like normal view on TV and infrared/x-ray view on gamepad)

Nintendo Land gives good ideas about gamepad use. Particularly Luigi's Mansion minigame in which the ghost is invisible on the TV.
ZombiU multiplayer is brilliant, you have two players playing the same game in completely different ways.

Very good point, the gamepad has a lot of potential.
ZombiU was amazing with the gamepad, I really hope to see a sequel.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting wii fit on the WiiU was a crazy idea, because you'd have to put the controller down to start doing exercises and then pick up the controller every time you finish.

Reactions: osirisjem

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Putting wii fit on the WiiU was a crazy idea, because you'd have to put the controller down to start doing exercises and then pick up the controller every time you finish.
Erm...no. It's true wii fit u should have gotten rid of most of the "press A to continue" kind of messages, but otherwise it's fine. The controller is usually on a stand next to my TV or on the right* so I can see myself in perspective while doing exercises. At the end of each exercise, I tend to go to the controller to push that stupid A button some times.

A hint though: use the routines to set up a series of exercises that use the same peripherals and floor space. Not only does this cut down on all the weighing and things like the scoreboard (which shows up way too slow), it also motivates to do more stuff at once. Individual exercises can really be a fucking drag...

*there are a few exercises that have you hold the controller or where it's actually best to have the controller really close by (e.g. the plank exercise)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse