What game(s) would you like to see re-made?

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you say anything, know that hating against remakes is not welcome here. Although I understand the reasons for disliking them (and in some cases I hate them myself) this is not the place for it.

So, what game would you like to see re-made and why? In my opinion, the biggest reasons for a game to be re-made is if they look a bit dated or aren't as fun as when they first came out. Games like Space Invaders Extreme show that you can take an old game and completely re-invent it for a new audience. There are also games like Lufia II on the ds which can completely change an old game, but in a good way. Then there are those that simply make the game available to a new audience with added features like Ocarina of Time for 3DS, but the lack of innovation is far from a bad thing, it just polishes an already great experience. Here are my picks:

-Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Cafe)
Considering that this is my favorite game of all time, I would kill for a widescreen console version of this game with upscaled/re-drawn graphics. It might even be cool if the cafe offered upscaled gamecube games as downloadable titles, similar to the wii virtual console with N64 games. Or even better yet, release it with the original game running on a better engine with enhanced graphics, and the Cafe will become a day one purchase for me.

-Rocket Knight Adventures (PS3, 360, Wii, Cafe)
I don't feel this game got quite the exposure it should have on the Genesis. Although a Rocket Knight game came out for the 360 and PS3 recently, it just isn't the same as the original. If they do port it, adding in a save feature and providing new levels and endings would make for one of the best games ever.

-Mother (Cafe)
Being the Earthbound fan I am, I can only hope that an awesome game like this is re-released. The original (And GBA) version of this game are good, but they lack the polish and enjoyability its successors have. If they removed the random encounters and added in more NPCs and dialogue, this could make for one of the best remakes ever.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I would like to see a few of the GB Zelda titles receive a remake, especially the Oracles. Maybe a new 3D Zelda based off the Oracles instead. I'm sure Nintendo, or whoever does it could create a certain "Wow" factor when you change the season, or when you play the harp to change time on whim.

There was this one RTS for the GBC named "Warlocked". It was a great game, and I think I should be remade.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original Shin Megemi Tensei games. Tart the game up and update some game mechanics i.e. a rader like in Strange Journey.

Final Fantasy VI is a game I reckon would do well in 3D, Square-Enix could make it more immersive,

Final Fantasy VII to shut the fanbois up.

The original Kid Icarus.

The original Mario vs Donkey Kong. Tart it up and put available on digital distribution.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The original Shin Megemi Tensei games. Tart the game up and update some game mechanics i.e. a rader like in Strange Journey.

I'd love that, though the original ones were a bit more "immersive" and scary because you never knew when something would actually pop up. But I really, really don't like random encounters (which is why I'm off put by a lot of RPGS), so I agree - I'd love to see some of the older SMT titles updated with a radar, animated sprites (or hell, 3D renditions), some remixed music, maybe some StreetPass functions (if it were for the 3DS) or community functions, and boom. I'd buy them all. Twice.

I'd also like to see the Oracle titles "updated" - bring them to the 3DS, allow us to link our game save files, add in that optional 3D layer effect, and I'll buy it. I mean, I'd buy it even if it were just a straight port, but the linked games were one of the many things that made the game awesome. I'd love to see that feature maintained.

I'd also like to see Persona 4 remade for either the 3DS or PSP - but in the same way Ocarina of Time was "remade" for the 3DS - enhance the visuals but keep the style, add a few new features, but don't change the flow of the game. Along those lines, I'd also like to see Iggy's Wreckin' Balls (N64) and Somer Assault (TurboGfx) remade.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger - A full 3D remake
Zelda II - A 2 1/2D remake or a 3D reimagining
Phoenix Wright 1-3 with VA and fan service
Mother
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy IX
Mother 3 - An international 3D remake to mirror the N64 version
That's all off of the top of my head

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
  • Tales of Phantasia.
    First Tales game, arguably the best damn RPG on the SNES, blew me away... and nobody gives a damn. All the drooling over Tales games, and nobody talks about Phantasia.
    frown.gif
    This had some fantastic art for the SNES.
  • Terranigma.
    It's the spiritual sequel to Illusion Of Gaia. There's a couple scenes and situations in that game that could greatly benefit from modern graphical effects, and everybody loves an action RPG!

I might list more later, but I'm trying to stick to not-hyper-popular stuff...

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Ikki said:
machomuu said:
Phoenix Wright 1-3 with VA and fan service
I'd love animated cutscenes with those.
Crap, yeah, those too. There are so many parts that could be done really well with animated cutscenes.

Imagine Phoenix Wright with the animation of Ghost Trick...

Capcom would practically be stealing the money from my wallet.

D

Deleted User

Legend of dragoon, I played it when I was young, and the disc broke near the end of the final part so I never finished it, AMAZING rpg, not sure if it stands the test of time.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
  • Tales of Phantasia.
    First Tales game, arguably the best damn RPG on the SNES, blew me away... and nobody gives a damn. All the drooling over Tales games, and nobody talks about Phantasia.
    frown.gif
    This had some fantastic art for the SNES.

• It actually has been remade... several times. We just never got them:

-PSX
    -GBA
    -PSP
    -PSP (Cross Version)

We only got the GBA version. The Cross Version is the best in my opinion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Dc6Dj8TP0

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would love to see:

-The rebirth/remake of one of the Boktai games.. In my opinion, this game was amazing, and it has a solid fanbase. Not to mention the awesome story, innovative stuff.... although graphs looked quite good for a gba game.

-Some of the zelda GBC games. I loved these.

-Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the N64 remade for 3DS, this game was one of the topnotch games, like mario 64 but very improved. It was a Freeroam/action/platform stuff game in old japanese setting. I loved playing this game, it was (for that time!) amazing.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fully orchestrated 3D remake of Secret of Mana. Seriously, I bought it randomly one day on the VC, and that is probably the most legendary random buy I've ever made.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Mario Bros. - DS / 3DS

Keep it almost exactly the same but just update the graphics, jumping, wall-jumping etc. DON'T make it like NSMB and add a load of other stuff (penguins etc.).

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seiken Densetsu III
Zelda II
Pokemon Ruby&Sapphire

Rydian said:
[*]Tales of Phantasia.
First Tales game, arguably the best damn RPG on the SNES, blew me away... and nobody gives a damn.
I give a damn about it.
biggrin.gif

best RPG on the SNES... one of the finest RPG ever made
but another remake?.... mmmm yeah!
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o