Hacking What else should I do?

astroturf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I recently re hacked my wii so that I could have all the latest stuff on there. As I'm sure you know, this stuff is a bit confusing for people who haven't been paying attention from the start.

I now have a hacked 4.0 wii but I am unsure what to do next. I did all the hacks to get homebrew channel, gamma and wad manager as channels and then I installed bootmii. Everything is working but I am unsure about a few things. If I understand correctly I can now run all the homebrew (gamma loader, wad manager and hombrew channel etc) from the sd card instead of the wii? Is that the done thing? Or should I just leave it as is and use bootmii only for the nand backup utility?

I also wanted to ask how people are changing their themes. I just want to turn off that awful music in the wii menu, i've heard it for so long it makes me feel sick.

Thanks!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
system menu 4.0 should make it possible to load channels from the SD card. There is a way to load channels installed by the wad manager, but don't know exactly how (you do need a cIOS installed afaik)

To turn off the wii menu music, you need a preloader hack
To change wii themes visit http://softmii.org

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you run homebrew thru the homebrew channel, which checks your sdcard, read the readme and have a look thru wiibrew.org
smile.gif

also check out the usbloader

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should leave Homebrew Channel right on the system menu, rather than moving it to SD. Also, did you remember to patch IOS60 so you can run unofficial/unpurchased wiiware from sd? Otherwise, you'll only be able to run channels you downloaded from the Shop channel.

Also, install Preloader, and turn on the hack that removes the background music. There are lots of other uses for Preloader as well. You can also set Preloader to autoboot, so you never have to look at it unless you want to. Both Bootmii and Preloader can be made totally invisible, only to show up when you want them to.

And yes, for now anyway, just use Bootmii to back up your NAND in case you need to restore it later. Were you able to install it to boot2?

And finally, yes, USBLoader is great if you've got a spare external hard drive or large memory stick. Most people seem to be finding that cIOSrev9 or 10 are currently the most stable... 12 and 13 seem to have some new issues, apparently.

astroturf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, everything seems patched, up to date, and working. Not a problem at all so far.

Backed up with bootmii earlier, will try preloader in a bit. Do I have to do something special to get it working on PAL (I read something about hack.ini)?

Not much point in me trying usbloader as the biggest usb device I have is 1GB.

Maybe I'm thick but I can't find anywhere to download that softmii thing, it's not urgent anyway.

Thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc