What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I 100% completed the Bravely Default demo a couple days back. I'm not a big JRPG guy, but I seriously LOVED this one, largely because of the cool battle system, and the way it alleviated my two biggest issues with JRPGs (random encounters and grinding). I'm probably going to start the full game tonight. Perfect timing too, because I'm going on a road trip to Orlando late next week, and this'll be perfect to play during the ride and downtime at the resort.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a 1TB hard drive in my PS3 over the weekend. Been on a download frenzy to fill it up.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I beat Bayonetta 2 tonight, on third climax difficulty, with an overall bronze rating. Such an amazing game... I don't think the presentation was as good or over the top as the first game, but the story was a bit stronger, and gameplay is better in pretty much every way. GotY 2014 for me (keep in mind that I tend not to play that many games in their year of release, so Bayonetta 2 has a lot less competition to me than it probably does to most gamers).
Bayonetta 2[/I] post-game unlockable spoilers]Unlocking two new characters with different stats upon beating the game, along with additional "lost chapters" and other goodies is super cool.
Overall the game definitely has way more post-game content and rewards than the first game did (which, to my knowledge, only had hard mode and art books unlocked upon beating, and an optional character skin upon getting platinum for the whole game), which is nice. I haven't even touched tag climax, yet.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I beat every proving grounds challenge with first place on Bastion, even with the calamity cannon which I managed first place without the homing upgrade. That was actually the first and only time I beat the challenge as well, so woo. I also went ahead and completed all the vigils to get the Altruist achievement. Pretty sure I'm headed to the final area as well, so I can probably add beating Bastion to the list of accomplishments for today.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
As PSN was down I was forced to use the Wii U(not really) and played Hyrule Waifus 2 days on a row(ok, I watched Hyouka in between and after, but still), unlocked Ruto and while I was about to unlock Agita I needed a raft and the nearest raft was 4 maps far from my explored area, went and tried but I can't get past the 3rd map, is too difficult with only 1 player.
and yesterday I played Tales of Xillia 2 again to try to pass the coliseum. completed tag and party advanced no problem, but expert is another thing, the last enemies are way to powerful for my to take, I'm level 84 so I'll start a ng+ soon I guess, I want to to get double gald too and pay off all the debt more easily and see the extra ending.
but first need to finish Kingdom Hearts, that I didn't even touched this weekend. bad Saki, bad.

eilan25

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
This was yesterday, but oh well...
caught my Timid nature, good IV spread Latios and EV trained it....
took me A LOT of freaking time, and it's not even 5 IV haha. I finally succumbed to getting 31 IV in SP.A & speed and have the rest just moderately high....

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I started playing Rayman Legends on PC, since I never got to playing a rayman game other than a 3DS demo.
It's really full of character, that game. Got lots of humor and really fluid animations with great level design. Having fun so far~ :D

eilan25

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I beat Half-Life 2. For the first time. I'm a little behind. Onward to Episode 1.

I envy you so much...
HL2 is probably one of my favorite games of all time, and to experience it for the first time was so much fun.
Have fun ripping your hair out waiting for HL3 when you are done :P

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Been a while since I updated.
Don't have a lot of time playing anyway because of upcoming exams.
Started Bravely Default 2 weeks ago and am now doing the sidequest for the Vampirelord job (which I hope is as awesome as it sounds).
Those dragons are some though mofos...

I absolutely love the mechanics of combining 2 jobs. Hunter + Spell Fencer makes for one hell of a big hitter.
I found (personally) the game is most enjoyable when you set the encounter rate to the max all the time. That way you're basically grinding, but at least with the goal of getting from point A to B.
That way you never have to really grind before boss fights (which is just boring).

My 3DS has also been in permanent standby for the last 2 weeks because of the rebuilding of Norende :lol:

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Been a while since I updated.
Don't have a lot of time playing anyway because of upcoming exams.
Started Bravely Default 2 weeks ago and am now doing the sidequest for the Vampirelord job (which I hope is as awesome as it sounds).
Those dragons are some though mofos...

I absolutely love the mechanics of combining 2 jobs. Hunter + Spell Fencer makes for one hell of a big hitter.
I found (personally) the game is most enjoyable when you set the encounter rate to the max all the time. That way you're basically grinding, but at least with the goal of getting from point A to B.
That way you never have to really grind before boss fights (which is just boring).

My 3DS has also been in permanent standby for the last 2 weeks because of the rebuilding of Norende :lol:

I know the feels on that rebuilding of Norende. :P My poor 3DS must be so worn out.

I'm not as far as you because I've been juggling multiple games, but I'm absolutely loving Bravely Default. And i normally can't stand JRPGs, but this one has options to alleviate two of the things I hate most in JRPGs: Grinding and random encounters.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know the feels on that rebuilding of Norende. :P My poor 3DS must be so worn out.

I'm not as far as you because I've been juggling multiple games, but I'm absolutely loving Bravely Default. And i normally can't stand JRPGs, but this one has options to alleviate two of the things I hate most in JRPGs: Grinding and random encounters.

Do you turn the random encounters off then? But if you do that you'll have to grind at some point won't you? Or do you also set it to easy?

BTW I just fully completed Norende :P

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I acquired マモン early on (around chapter 2) and bought a growth egg, grinded for about half an hour around chapter 4 and I was set for the rest of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste