What did you Accomplish in Gaming Today?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really enjoying the game. While the beginning is a bit tedious, the game really picks up!
Same here. For me, it finally started to pick up once I got to the second dungeon. Im at the Sand Sea shipyard right now (would be a bit further, except I haven't touched the game in two weeks because I've been too busy and lazy to play my consoles, especially with the new job I just started), and I'm having a lot of fun.

Most importantly to me, the game is mostly free of pointless motion gimmicks. Sure, there's still a couple, such as the motion puzzles involved with the boss keys (and you can't even save after doing them, if you want to get them over with but not fight the boss yet), or having to use motion to both control your loftwing AND flap its wings (seriously, that always throws my aim out of balance, would it have been really hard to relegate the "flapping" to a button, or at least to shaking the nunchuck?). And don't even get me started on Fi constantly reminding you of the most elementary and obvious things, that no Zelda companion in the past has done, with no option to turn it off (why is there a "pro" UI, but not a "pro" companion, again?).

But overall, it's looking to be a 5-star game, for me.

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After a LOT of practice, I finally got that 30,000 coin score on Coin Challenge Pack A of the NSMB2 DLC packs.
2Ffud.jpg

Man that felt good. I was able to do this thanks to a pointer from another guy on GameFAQs who had done the 30,000 coin run.
I'd totally record a video of doing this if the recording process didn't hamper my playing ability.

This score will be appearing on the pack's leaderboard soon. The 30k score already on there is the guy who gave me pointers, so there'll be more 30k scores soon.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Notice:
I updated the OP with a some examples of what will actually be considered an achievement. I was very lenient before but this thread does have quite a bit of crap in it just taking up space. If you are going to post something, please let it actually be an achievement.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Got the MGS2 trophy for getting all the dog tags, which included having to fight 20 Metal Gear Rays on Extreme mode.

Now I just need to finish the virtual missions and complete the Snake Tales for the platinum.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Completed Mimana Iyar Chronicle and Untold Legends I. God that was some terrible stuff I had to powergame through.

How was it? I'm thinking about playing it but to be honest it looks pretty mediocre.

Play it if you have no other RPG.
And mediocre it is as you guessed. You can finish it roughly 20 hours under or so. I skipped the sidequests because I either didn't know how to activate them or its only available after you finish the main story. Voice acting is okay and from what I read, its why it was pushed to be localised because of the fanbase?

I'm aiming to finish all the games I have on my RPG list in the PSP thread haha

EDIT: Crap I just read OP. My bad. I'll post a proper achievement soon.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay, I finally actually got some stuff done after several days of not really doing more than fiddling with my console (so, yes, I'm actually leaving things out that aren't really accomplishments :P )

Anyway, over the weekend, I did the following :

While testing out new games I beat the 1st Grand Prix in Mario Kart Double Dash (2nd place) and the first championship in Burnout 2 (1st place) for the first time ever.
Got through the second temple in Skyward Sword from beginning to end and beat the boss in only 2 attempts. (The boss in the first temple took me AGES to get.)
There are other things I'm temped to say but I'll resist.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
caught cobalion in pokemon white 2
I wouldn't really call doing anything in Pokemon an achievement unless you did something like getting first in a Pokemon World Wide Tournament, or beating a team of only level 100's etc.

Started Sonic Generations.
Please read the OP again

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
caught cobalion in pokemon white 2
I wouldn't really call doing anything in Pokemon an achievement unless you did something like getting first in a Pokemon World Wide Tournament, or beating a team of only level 100's etc.

Started Sonic Generations.
Please read the OP again
Not trying to be a jerk, but perhaps you could clarify further what you mean, then? The example you quoted in the OP includes one "achievement" that consists of "I started playing Castlevania." Also, you list things like literal Xbox 360 achievements as your only examples. What determines an achievement in games without technical achievements (such as almost every Nintendo game, for example)? You also said that it could include "beating that one thing that has been filling you with rage because you couldn't do it till now." Who's to say that catching Cobalion doesn't fit that description for Weaville?

Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk or challenge your "rules of engagement," so to speak. But I think they need to be much more clear. At the very least, I personally am not quite sure what fits in your description of an achievement (which is why I haven't posted any for the past couple days).

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beat the first 5 stages of mutant mudds and got the thing to make your rocket pack last longer. Already had beat it just playing it over though. lol.

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not trying to be a jerk, but perhaps you could clarify further what you mean, then? The example you quoted in the OP includes one "achievement" that consists of "I started playing Castlevania."
The reason I included that specific quote in the OP was not for each individual thing that he did, but because he categorized completing all of those things in one day. The parts where he stated that he started games were just part of the quote.

Also, you list things like literal Xbox 360 achievements as your only examples.
I included completing ALL of the actual Xbox 360 achievements in a game because (for the most part) they can be somewhat of a challenge.
*Notice how it's all of the achievements and not just one or two of em'
*Also note that this goes for the PS3 trophies, etc. I do consider those achievements.

What determines an achievement in games without technical achievements (such as almost every Nintendo game, for example)? You also said that it could include "beating that one thing that has been filling you with rage because you couldn't do it till now." Who's to say that catching Cobalion doesn't fit that description for Weaville?
I will admit that I was stretching that one ;)

Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk or challenge your "rules of engagement," so to speak. But I think they need to be much more clear. At the very least, I personally am not quite sure what fits in your description of an achievement (which is why I haven't posted any for the past couple days).
tl;dr Something that requires a decent amount of time and actual effort in order to accomplish

Castiel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose that's clear enough. ;)
Also, do know that the guidelines are still a work in progress. I just threw those together and called them guidelines for now. If you have any ideas of how to make them better or more clear please do let me know (preferably over PM).

OP updated once more with, hopefully, a lot more clearer description.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii