Hacking What are you looking for in the new GUI?

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
proberley lol
smile.gif

but hrombrew rarely runs
so ive got triple boot

snaai8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe like sakura a in built media player and a calendar on the top screen.
favorites would be nice and maybe they can make a thingy that you can see what you played last time and what apps you have in a special map on your micro sd?
i just know that TC will make it greate maybe it will take a while but i can wait
yaynds.gif

GO TC

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Favourite icons on main screen, that the one thing I want most.
Because it beats having to go through a long list each time, or multiple folders, and autoboot doesn't work when you're playing multiple games.

Actually, I was the one who brought it up on their forums, they really liked it.

dsrules4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i loved this feature
When you turn on your Nintendo DS, the R4 DS GUI will automatically boot, skipping the main DS menu (except the health and safety screen, unless your DS is flashed).

A loading screen will briefly popup on screen (less than a second) and the main menu of the R4 DS will appear.
i always hated the ds menu and i would like this feature to be some how incorparated in to the new firmware

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Like Tayuya said.
Evo has the option allready.
There is also a bypass homebrew or something that skips both Safety and Menu to auto load to Cart.

That aside... The idea of a capable media player with proper playback options sounds good.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something similar to the Sakura would be nice. Repeating games after you hit Z would be nice. I like the whole concept of coverflow, but I believe reading that'd take way too much memory, but just having something similar to the SunOL would be nice, a big cover on the top screen.

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dsrules4 said:
why dont they tryand make a screenshot system so u can take picture of the game and stuff
Because DS graphics are horrid. Not to sure what one would like to do with screen shots either...
If you are trying to capture something in motion, it requires tremendous amount of memory that
I don't believe the DS even has...
unsure.gif

I could also be very wrong.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Actually TC have looked into making a screenshot-snapping feature. They say it's possible, but only for 1 screen, as the DS doesn't have enough processing power.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Priss said:
There is also a bypass homebrew or something that skips both Safety and Menu to auto load to Cart.
I think the only way to bypass the safety menu is by flashing the DS. How could homebrew possibly bypass it if you need to run the homebrew from the Cyclo in the first place?
rolleyes.gif

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ackers said:
Priss said:
I think the only way to bypass the safety menu is by flashing the DS. How could homebrew possibly bypass it if you need to run the homebrew from the Cyclo in the first place?
rolleyes.gif

Possibly
unsure.gif

I read so much I don't remember where it was I read about it.. I just know it's possible
nyanya.gif

Actually TC have looked into making a screenshot-snapping feature. They say it's possible, but only for 1 screen, as the DS doesn't have enough processing power.
So I wasn't to far off
yaynds.gif

snaai8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Chrono_Tata said:

well maybe they can make a option in the in game screen a screen selctor there you can select wich screen you want to snap

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Actually they said you can only take a screenshot of the "primary screen" ie. screen being rendered from the primary display engine.

But, well, maybe they can figure out a way of overcoming this limitation later. We'll see.

Also, this doesn't have any thing really to do with the GUI redesign does it. It's a totally new feature.
huh.gif
Why is it in this thread?

Pedobear

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to be the first to say this.
Err..new GUI?
We haven't heard much info for ages, im sure its fantastic but it still seems like its in the early stages (since they are accepting ideas in a thread down there)

Posts merged

ackers said:
I hope they do actually redesign the GUI, they said it ages ago. Here's my mock-up that I posted in the Cyclo forums:

guirevampscreenshot.jpg

Top Screen Changes:
- box-arts (for now) - press X to switch between box-art/normal view?

Touch Screen Changes:
- tabbed windows: "Games" and "Homebrew"
- back arrow - rather than the ".." directory
- cheat icon - could glow red if cheats are activated?
- mix between ROM and File view - shows more games, takes up less space.

[url=http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthrea...ht=gui+mock-ups]http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthrea...ht=gui+mock-ups[/url]

I was actually redesigning it a little last week but my laptop crashed and didn't save so I thought screw it!
My idea would be the exact same. I would however take out dsorganize and pretty much implement it in cyclo itself, since some rumors have been flying around about organise possibly crashing SD cards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.