What are you looking for in the new GUI?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Dwight, Nov 16, 2008.

1. KingBlank

KingBlank King of Nothing

Sep 17, 2008
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    proberley lol [​IMG]
    but hrombrew rarely runs
    so ive got triple boot

2. snaai8

snaai8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    Netherlands
    maybe like sakura a in built media player and a calendar on the top screen.
    favorites would be nice and maybe they can make a thingy that you can see what you played last time and what apps you have in a special map on your micro sd?
    i just know that TC will make it greate maybe it will take a while but i can wait [​IMG]
    GO TC

3. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Favourite icons on main screen, that the one thing I want most.
    Because it beats having to go through a long list each time, or multiple folders, and autoboot doesn't work when you're playing multiple games.

Actually, I was the one who brought it up on their forums, they really liked it.

4. dsrules4

dsrules4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2008
    United States
    i loved this feature
    When you turn on your Nintendo DS, the R4 DS GUI will automatically boot, skipping the main DS menu (except the health and safety screen, unless your DS is flashed).

A loading screen will briefly popup on screen (less than a second) and the main menu of the R4 DS will appear.
    i always hated the ds menu and i would like this feature to be some how incorparated in to the new firmware

5. Vincent T

Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, California
    You can set your Cyclo to auto boot. Go to the system prefence thingy and instead of manual bott choose auto boot.

6. Priss

Priss GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2008
    Canada
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Like Tayuya said.
    Evo has the option allready.
    There is also a bypass homebrew or something that skips both Safety and Menu to auto load to Cart.

That aside... The idea of a capable media player with proper playback options sounds good.

7. jesterscourt

jesterscourt Not Brad.

Jan 3, 2007
    United States
    Something similar to the Sakura would be nice. Repeating games after you hit Z would be nice. I like the whole concept of coverflow, but I believe reading that'd take way too much memory, but just having something similar to the SunOL would be nice, a big cover on the top screen.

8. dsrules4

dsrules4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2008
    United States
    why dont they tryand make a screenshot system so u can take picture of the game and stuff

9. Priss

Priss GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2008
    Canada
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Because DS graphics are horrid. Not to sure what one would like to do with screen shots either...
    If you are trying to capture something in motion, it requires tremendous amount of memory that
    I don't believe the DS even has... [​IMG]
    I could also be very wrong.

10. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    Actually TC have looked into making a screenshot-snapping feature. They say it's possible, but only for 1 screen, as the DS doesn't have enough processing power.

11. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    I think the only way to bypass the safety menu is by flashing the DS. How could homebrew possibly bypass it if you need to run the homebrew from the Cyclo in the first place? [​IMG]

12. Priss

Priss GBAtemp Regular

Oct 18, 2008
    Canada
    Hamilton, Ontario
    So I wasn't to far off [​IMG]

13. Dwight
    OP

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    edited first post

14. snaai8

snaai8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    Netherlands
    well maybe they can make a option in the in game screen a screen selctor there you can select wich screen you want to snap

15. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    Actually they said you can only take a screenshot of the "primary screen" ie. screen being rendered from the primary display engine.

But, well, maybe they can figure out a way of overcoming this limitation later. We'll see.

Also, this doesn't have any thing really to do with the GUI redesign does it. It's a totally new feature. [​IMG] Why is it in this thread?

16. Dwight
    OP

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    Well technically it has to do with the ingame GUI, because that's where the option would have to be located, so idk if it counts..

17. Pedobear

Pedobear Banned

Banned
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    I just want to be the first to say this.
    Err..new GUI?
    We haven't heard much info for ages, im sure its fantastic but it still seems like its in the early stages (since they are accepting ideas in a thread down there)

Posts merged

My idea would be the exact same. I would however take out dsorganize and pretty much implement it in cyclo itself, since some rumors have been flying around about organise possibly crashing SD cards