What are some criminally Under-rated games?

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i noticed that a lot of good games get a European only release and get passed over in America, mostly retro consoles. the most recent victim is Trip World on the eShop.

what are some really good games that didn't get a fair chance?

Earthbound / Mother 3 obviously.

NES: Gimmick, Devil World, Final Fantasy II, Dragonball (dragon power)

Gameboy: Trip World, Bomb Jack, Die Maus, Worms, Jelly Boy

SNES: lot of RPGs, Fushigi no Dungeon, Blackthorne, Lester the unlikely, Super E.D.F.

PC: Transport Tycoon, Hyperspace Delivery Boy, Lemonade Tycoon, Slay.

Gameboy Advance: Kuru Kuru Kururin, CT Special Forces 3, Downforce, Invader, Mr. Nutz, Back to Stone, Car Battler Joe, Black Matrix Zero.

Gamecube: Doshin the Giant, Giftpia, Homeland, Kururin Squash

DS: retro game challenge/Game Center CX

Dreamcast: Shenmue

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nier-cover.jpg

YOU GUYS CAN THANK ME LATER!

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Zeno Clash:

Zeno Clash II:

Epic gameplay/art/music/story/graphics/world/weirdness. I'm so disappointed with the low sales this game is getting, and critics aren't helping either, they give it low scores with out even playing the game.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the guy above, Nier is fantastic. Best soundtrack this generation for me also.

Ive only got the 360 so can only comment on underrated games on this system. But you really should check up some of the following that went under the radar at the time.

Singularity
Deadly Premonition
Majin
Shadows Of The Damned

Reactions: DinohScene

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
How is Mother 3 under-rated when everyone who's ever played it loves it and it regularly gets recommended as one of the best games on the GBA? I think you're getting under-rated and not massively commercially successful mixed up.

Same goes for Shenmue...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
so i noticed that a lot of good games get a European only release and get passed over in America, mostly retro consoles.

Oh and i missed this to start with...define "a lot", because historically Europe/UK and Australia have always been brutally shafted over getting the releases that were seen in the US and Japan.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is Mother 3 under-rated when everyone who's ever played it loves it and it regularly gets recommended as one of the best games on the GBA? I think you're getting under-rated and not massively commercially successful mixed up.

Same goes for Shenmue...

in hindsight the title should have been different..
i meant overlooked/cancelled too early/denied sequels by the powers that be.

i wonder what the early sales figures were for Earthbound zero or Shenmue. there must have been a good reason not to continue north american releases.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah basically this, I played it and it was really underwhelming.

Must be a love hate game, because i felt the opposite. After playing through Golden Sun (awful), Link to the Past (dull) and Chain of Memories (ok but irritating) Mother 3 was a breath of fresh air. The only bit i felt was annoying was the final sequence.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ghost mania and Toki Tori on wiiware (the former is an addictive tetris-style puzzler, the latter a one-man lemmings game)

Okay, Toki Tori got a sequel, but without all the tools to use and no eggs to collect, it's a totally different game.

De Blob 2 also deserves mentioning. Beautiful 3D platformer with nice story, humor and so on. I doubt anyone has even played it.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Argentina.... pretty much everything that it's not FIFA, PES, COD, GTA, etc. is underrated here. People is that stupid!
I never met a person in my entire life (IRL) that had played a Zelda game :glare:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would say for me, Super Adventure Island 2.

People didn't like it because it wasn't Adventure Island, but fuck man, it was still an incredibly fun game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol