What anime would you like to be turned in real life?

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hullo8d said:
gamefreak94 said:
Anime means animation. It doesn't mean a japanese manga series turned into a cartoon. This means pretty much any anime are just cartoons.

Wikipedia seems to agree with you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

*fixed
abbreviated pronunciation in Japanese of "animation", pronounced [anime] ( listen) in Japanese, but typically Anime-en-US-pronunciation.ogg /?æn??me?/ (help·info) or /?æn??m?/ in English
It says its just a japanese pronunciation of the word animation. Read it better next time. Oh also wiki isn't the best source as it can be edited by anyone at anytime. Also what they are talking about is japan history not world history about animation.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
QUOTE said:
abbreviated pronunciation in Japanese of "animation", pronounced [anime] ( listen) in Japanese, but typically Anime-en-US-pronunciation.ogg /?æn??me?/ (help·info) or /?æn??m?/ in English
It says its just a japanese pronunciation of the word animation. Read it better next time. Oh also wiki isn't the best source as it can be edited by anyone at anytime. Also what they are talking about is japan history not world history about animation.

Don't butcher a wikipedia quote to prove your point

Anime (????, an abbreviated pronunciation in Japanese of "animation", pronounced [anime] ( listen) in Japanese, but typically Anime-en-US-pronunciation.ogg /?æn??me?/ (help·info) or /?æn??m?/ in English) is animation originating in Japan. The world outside Japan regards anime as "Japanese animation".[1] Anime originated about 1917

Also if you didn't notice the page is locked so it can't be accessed by anyone that doesn't have permission

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hullo8d said:
gamefreak94 said:
QUOTE said:

Don't butcher a wikipedia quote to prove your point

Anime (????, an abbreviated pronunciation in Japanese of "animation", pronounced [anime] ( listen) in Japanese, but typically Anime-en-US-pronunciation.ogg /?æn??me?/ (help·info) or /?æn??m?/ in English) is animation originating in Japan. The world outside Japan regards anime as "Japanese animation".[1] Anime originated about 1917

Also if you didn't notice the page is locked so it can't be accessed by anyone that doesn't have permission

Gosh again with this, i thought this was over
QUOTEIn Japan, the term anime does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; instead, it serves as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world.[17][18] English-language dictionaries define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or as "a style of animation developed in Japan".[19] Non-Japanese works that borrow stylization from anime are commonly referred to as "anime-influenced animation" but it is not unusual for a viewer who does not know the country of origin of such material to refer to it as simply "anime". Some works result from co-productions with non-Japanese companies, such as most of the traditionally animated Rankin/Bass works, the Cartoon Network and Production I.G series IGPX or ?ban Star-Racers; different viewers may or may not consider these anime.

In the UK, many video shops will classify all adult-oriented animated videos in the "Anime" section for convenience, regardless of whether they show any stylistic similarities to Japanese animation. No evidence suggests that this has led to any change in the use of the word.[citation needed]
So it depends on the viewer to decide of animation. also this
Both hand-drawn and computer-animated anime exist. It is used in television series, films, video, video games, commercials, and internet-based releases, and represents most, if not all, genres of fiction. Anime gained early[when?] popularity in East and Southeast Asia and has garnered more-recent popularity in the Western World.[citation needed]
Also sounds a lot like animation to me, don't you think?

Edit again: Okay i'm done arguing, so i'm no longer responding back okay. I don't want to start a flame war.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are both drawing straws so I'm just gonna leave it at this

QUOTE said:
The world outside Japan regards anime as "Japanese animation"
Last time I checked The World > Japan

We are both fighting a losing battle so if you want to make a final blow go ahead, but I'm taking my leave.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sasuke (from naruto)?

LAWL, I'm not a big fan of anime
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: