Gaming What 3DS game to get.. hmm

What game should I play?

• Total voters

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'll consider this!

I LOVED the last 4 Layton games, but I never purchased them. I had them on my Acekard. I'm concerned about replay value since I'm actually purchasing a game this time. :S

Me too, just played them on my Supercard, but loved them. I haven't finished the game yet and I'm 10 hours in. Not sure about replay ability yet. But there are a total of 365 extra puzzles to download. 1 a day :D so it's not bad hey!

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Paper Mario. It was very good, and it took me 13 hours to beat (mainly because of an OCD to hit everything with a hammer, and I'm pro at getting stuck). Anyways, very unique since it was my first Paper Mario game.
Only 13 hours? That's really short isn't it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Paper mario is a great choice, if your into adventure, you should roll with Kingdom Hearts 3D, if you want a good party game, rabbits rumble is SURPRISINGLY entertaining!
What he said.
Mario Kart 7, Tales of the Abyss, Super Mario 3D Land, Rhythm Thief and Cave Story 3D are all great choices as well, but I'd get Paper Mario first even if I didn't already have the others. Having played the other games in the series I have to say I enjoyed them more than any 3DS game I have currently, so I'm definitely picking up Paper Mario as soon as it's released here in EU.

I've heard it's short, but considering all the other games in the series were for home consoles and handheld games tend to be much shorter I'm not surprised. Super Mario 3D Land was short as well.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well I beat the game in 23 hours. but I agree that if you are good at problem solving and speed through levels you can beat it in that time.
I 100% that game recently and in my honest opinion it'll be very dissapointing if you expect a game like Thousand Year Old Door

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well I beat the game in 23 hours. but I agree that if you are good at problem solving and speed through levels you can beat it in that time.
I 100% that game recently and in my honest opinion it'll be very dissapointing if you expect a game like Thousand Year Old Door
13 hours always felt long enough to me for a game. But it may be shorter than that if I am being honest. As I said, I got stuck a lot.

Oh... Well I just thought about the other Paper Mario RPG games, those felt much longer than that... Though the battle system in this game doesn't require grinding in the same way IIRC.

And I'd say I'm quite good at puzzle solving, yes :/

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Voted for Mario Kart because of online and local multiplayer. It's good to have at least one game that you can play multiplayer, because you can play it multiple times and it is still fun unlike single-player games.

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vote is for a game coming in February:
166jfc2.jpg

Reactions: kenjixx

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't get Tales of the Abyss, get it on the PS2. 3DS version is shit
It's a direct port... how can it be any worse. Granted, it isn't much better and it could have been, particularly with regards to the second screen, but I'm not sure why you'd recommend the PS2 version over the 3DS version. The only beef I had with the game was the menus and the small text, other than that it's pretty good.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Other: Resident Evil Revelations
Alternatively Paper Mario

Reasoning: You can already play StarFox 64 on Virtual Console and from what I've read, the 3DS version has very little exclusive content that would validate the purchase. Mario Kart 3DS is just like any other Mario Kart title - fun on Multiplayer with a group of friends but otherwise a chore, especially with the flawed A.I and Item system that turn the races into a game of chance on Single Player. Luigi's Mansion is going to be a solid title - I loved the first one... There is the waiting factor though. Layton is a mouthful of the same - good if you like puzzles, otherwise not that interesting.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's a direct port... how can it be any worse. Granted, it isn't much better and it could have been, particularly with regards to the second screen, but I'm not sure why you'd recommend the PS2 version over the 3DS version. The only beef I had with the game was the menus and the small text, other than that it's pretty good.
Maybe hes talking about the 30fps in battle for 3ds while PS2 is 60fps in battle. IMO thats a big difference and if you have a ps2 then I say go for the ps2 version. You can even use the ps2 game glitch and use a certain character for the entire game instead of just the scripted lenghth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Have fun at Psi's.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    We are VR Troopers lol
    +1
    Heyyyy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the baker appears
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    so i signed up for a library takeout box a few weeks ago, and a couple weeks ago i got the takeout box
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    now stick with me
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i got a small bag of fritos, a tea bag of earl gray, a sticker of pixelated pepe the frog, a blue pair of sunglasses, and 2 books
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teabag the fritos
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    one was a book called gone which is about everyone 15 or older suddenly fucking disappearing, and the other was fucking delicious in dungeon/dungeon meshi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tl;dr i started reading dungeon meshi bc it was in a surprise box from my library, and i will try making one of the recipes from it, substituting the dungeon/fantasy ingredients for real world equivalents (like replacing basilisk with chicken)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No substituting allowed.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BakerMan I got barometz. Do you want some?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    27th is going to be good entertainment first presidential debate
    Biden drools, Trump grabs them by the pussy.... Ughh lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Felon VS Meth overlord who will win
    My date tonight has 34 H boobs 🥰
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden trips walking on stage rush to hospital Trump sneakingly lays Legos around Biden potum
    Lol I want them to play board games against each other
    Checkers, Monopoly, connect four lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I sunk your battleship you old senile geezer