Not open for further replies.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I get that soymilk has estrogen in it as opposed to testosterone, isn't the "soyboy" insult on a macro scale mostly to do with people who go and reap the benefits of capitalism to a mindless extent while also voting and speaking against the very system that they benefit off of, to generalize what is ultimately a very simplistic worldview supported by a complex network of interconnecting and overlapping schools of thought concerning philosophy, economics, theology, psychology, sociology, and more?

I know part of the meme has to do with grown men buying "childish" Nintendo Switches, and not necessarily for the games, but just because it was a trendy piece of hardware to own back in 2017/2018 when the meme started to gain prominence and linkage to the "cuck" insult, probably not helped by the situation with people like Cosmo from the speed running community after his girlfriend roke up with him, he transitioned, stopped playing video games for even non-speed running purposes, and was, last I heard, knocking on Heaven's door financially and mentally, which isn't exactly helping perceptions when one can point to a person who, like Icarus, soared to the heavens, only to have his wings catch fire and crash, except in Cosmo's case, this was for more than Greece to bear witness to.

As for the whole "manliness" stuff, I can guarantee you a lot of it is rooted in fundamentalist Baptist culture about gender roles and what men and women are expected to do. While I think people overgeneralize the criticisms, as exceptions to the rule do exist in these cultures (like my mom and some others I know, for example), it doesn't change what gets preached from pulpits about traditionalism, returning back to the good old days when Christianity and the Bible was still held in high regard, and living what is nowadays called a "non-degenerate" life, as these subcultures would probably call them. I never cared for the whole "men shouldn't have hair going past their ears, should get a tapered haircut, and be willing to prove their manliness by shooting guns like Duke Nukem does without all of the "immorality" that comes with the character as defined by these cultures from which I've observed a lot of these Red Pill types derive their school of thought if one was to trace it to its origins.

That's not to say that the things that they're advising men and women to do are all bad in and of themselves. Its the culture surrounding it that can get problematic at times *vomits in the Duggars, especially regarding Josh Duggar*.

People shouldn't just spend money on stuff for the sake of accumulating stuff. After renovating my room recently (in the literal sense, not the "Jordan Peterson" sense of the word), I'm starting to realize just how much stuff I've accumulated. It's not cheap junk either; I'm talking I had four 8bitDo SN30 Pro +s and M30s not because I wanted to use all four of them, but because I, in my mind, reasoned that it'd be nice to have all of them just in case I wanted to play four players in a game. And I'm not about giving someone a cheap controller; I want them to be using the same device I am so that competition or cooperation is on equal grounds, or so I told myself. And while pre-debt me had a point, Silent_Gunner post-debt has begun to realize you can never know what tomorrow might bring, especially when Biden is making decisions that even those who wanted him to succeed are having voter's remorse over. How about that student debt you were hoping would be forgiven, eh? ;)

And also, having a girlfriend, while nice and can bring a sense of purpose in life no object could ever "hope" to match, means nothing if the relationship is doomed from the start, has problems that are irreconcilable with your current circumstances either in your end or her end of the aisle, or her only being in it for the money to where she'll dump you when you hit your lowest point...but if it's that last one, she was never a friend to begin with.

Ultimately, the person who decides how their life turns out...*points finger* is all of us on van individual level. No amount of government aid or forced collectivism is going to fix up irresponsible behavior, and to not punish it properly leads to a snowball of problems that will get bigger and bigger until the nation which was once prosperous, on top of the world, and commanded great respect, authority, and power simply becomes unable in a way that's reminiscent of not just Rome, but all forms of government.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I know it is getting low. Which is why I try to make myself tougher.
you got nothing to worry about
Average testosterone levels are falling because the average age is increasing, and obesity rates are increasing. There's no correlation between low testosterone and what a lot of guys who exhibit toxic masculinity call "soyboy."

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that a lot of boys in the forums and in the world I live in seem to be suffering from this SoyBoy syndrome, and I've also noticed that China on the other hand is encouraging masculinity within their males, and so if you put two and two together, you might see where I am going with all this... unless of course you plug into Corporate Media for your news, in which they may be spinning this health issue, like so many others, as a virtue, and a sign of bravery and heroism, or what have you, and you won't have much patience for what this video has to say.

My apologies but you're not gunna get through to anyone here on Resetera Lite

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact: the estrogen in soy milk and all other soy-based products is called phytoestrogen. To my knowledge, while it is still a type of estrogen, it is obviously plant-based which means it actually has no significant effect on the estrogen levels of your body since you use estrogen, not phytoestrogen.

If you're really concerned about estrogen in your food, stop consuming milk and other dairy products. They have actual estrogen in them that can actually affect you but realistically, unless you drink gallons of milk a day there will be no significant effect on your estrogen levels even if you are a regular dairy consumer.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/...ilk (whether from cows,milk than in skim milk.

Eat all the soy you want, but I promise it will not hurt your testosterone in any way. There's a reason why soy is a staple food in many Asian diets, because it's good for you.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If anyone wants extra testosterone, they can have a little of what's left inside of me while I am still producing excess. It will be free of charge and I will be happy to know it's going to be a better home.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone wants some of mine they can have it as well because my body is physically unable to use any of it
If anyone wants extra testosterone, they can have a little of what's left inside of me while I am still producing excess. It will be free of charge and I will be happy to know it's going to be a better home.
Ok is there a Dropbox/ Github or something we can workout where they can sent to..I have a wussy dog that needs help...PM me! :rofl2: jk I love my dog as he is!

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok is there a Dropbox/ Github or something we can workout where they can sent to..I have a wussy dog that needs help...PM me! :rofl2: jk I love my dog as he is!
Just plugged myself into the computer and I'm uploading it right now

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The story of all the switch owners on GBAtemp in comic strip form.

wormwood.jpg

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The story of all the switch owners on GBAtemp in comic strip form.

erm
does anyone else see the questionable memorial in panel 1?
but yeah uh
this entire thread is a giant meme started by XDel being fucking stupid and I kinda love it

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Esjay131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I get that soymilk has estrogen in it as opposed to testosterone
While xenoestrogens (synthetic estrogen) and phytoestrogens (plant-based estrogen) have less impact on your body than natural estrogen produced in mens bodies, which also contributes to sperm production. If someone were to somehow stop production of estrogen in mens bodies, it would lead to no more sperm just like if there is a higher estrogen level, it leads to lower sperm counts. There's also the fact that when one hormone is out of balance, the body tries to adjust other hormones to have the right balance.

That said, phytoestrogens from stuff like soy products (tofu, soy milk, etc) are completely safe. If they caused boob growth, I would've had boobs pre-transition when I was 16 since I consumed so many soy products.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
How about looking into how all of those type of 'attractors' are constructed?

- They
(unspecified - in the passive, which is not a negative, I use that stuff often myself - but it makes it harder to pin down or go against -- also, it lets people fill in the blanks with something they themselves construct.
Meaning in this configuration, this is basically emotional bait for 'I knew something is going wrong all along' -- where everyone can fill in their personal version of worry, resentment, ... - so its highly compatible with many groups of people feeling neglected.

- are taking away
(again, mostly unspecified - but thats what 'they' always do)

- something that makes me proud or secure.
(or believe in myself, or 'being a man', ...)

So those three elements hook straight into - fear, followed by worries (because its so non distinct - you cant simply find out much about the issue, if you dont go into relative vs. absolute statistics - which most people wont do), followed by insta rage.

Also if you are on the lookout for that pattern, you can see it everywhere.

They, are only giving young people, the vaccine that only protects at a 70% successrate (relative statistics (so not sampled against an 'absolute' ('70% of the people vaccinated') - but against a random sample, and then applying 70% to the caseload of people getting infected in that sample)). With the first shot. (Leaving out, that that never mattered that much, because for all vaccines you are given two shots this time around to hike up the immune response).

And once you see it everywhere, for some reason you are likely to try construct 'the stork brings the babies' (because historically there were always many storks around, that people noticed, when communities had the highest influx of newborns) stories, because they are whats most compatible with your experience (you go out of the door, you see a stork). Which we talk about as 'correlation is not causation'.

At which point we could end and say that thats, bad - and you shouldnt do that. But its also all that machine learning is aimed at producing currently. ;)

But it helps to know, that 'going for, and finding those patterns' isnt an exact 'science'. As in - its interesting, but its probably not useful.

The issue part comes in, when you are starting to congregate people around those stories of fear against 'the largely unknown'. People will then invent their own stories just to have explanations to be able to fill in (the uncertainty). Because uncertainty - is something the human mind doesnt like to deal with. And you made them worry, so they are dealing with it.

If you go after the racially charged conspiracy theories behind that (usually connected to 'they (overlords ;) ) - are reducing - us (the ingroup) - so we become less important than them (the outgroup)).

Thats a pattern frequently found in cults. Not that you should look that strain up necessarily, but its a form of retaining control over a group. :)

The entire thing is easily debunked, by a simple truism like 'numbers dont always matter' - in terms of if you and your friends will matter, or not.

But its those strangely formless worries, mostly as a result of change thats seen as negative - that births those stories.

Imho. So tell them, if you are worried about a thing - but looking out for them to tell them in bulk, may not be that helpful. Because a part of that is also how humans work, and just a logical fallacy. Except when its not. :)

Many stories around that concept as well. ;) (The boy who cried wolf, Cassandra, ... :) )

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Take mine as well, I wanna get rid of this shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The root folder where you have games stored
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Yeah, just try the "add new game directory".
  • JefferyCuddletrousers @ JefferyCuddletrousers:
    no error message, and its just a file not a folder
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    And do what the troll said.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but Citra uses that to scan folders
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So it could be like C:\\Games\folder\game.Cci
    nothing like that pops up
    wait i mightve gotten it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'll want to add c:\\Games\folder
    it works now i have no clue what just happened?

:nayps3:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can also drag and drop the game into it for future reference
    i know that, it just wouldnt show because it had to be a file and it wasnt
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well now it works
    yeah im confused but thanks all for trying to help haha
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think this Nyko PowerPak+ in my OG 3DS is starting to expand ever so slightly 😨 what a shame, to have to go back to an OG size battery soon.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators will be like that where it asks for a parent directory
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, 3ds batteries are fairly cheap just don't overspend on oem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Yeah I just like this massive extended battery lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember those psp batteries that came with bulged psp battery covers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my PSP battery started swelling up AGES ago