Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right so i'm having a weird problem with my windows 7 installation, basically anything I open thats pinned to the taskbar opens with another icon on the task bar, I have no idea how to correct it, ive tried uninstalling programs and reinstalling, which doesnt fix it.

Its really difficult to explain what the problem is, so heres a picture to show what I mean, can anyone help

1255b8l.png

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you need to do is open whatever program you have pinned, unpin the original icon and then pin the new icon to the taskbar. Should fix it.
Tried it, didn't work as soon as I close it and re-open same problem occurs

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Quite an odd problem indeed...I had the same problem but fixed it with the repinning thing.

Ok then, try doing it this way:

1. Start Google Chrome (this creates a new taskbar icon);
2. Right click on the new icon and select "Pin this program to taskbar";
3. Go to: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar;
4. You will see the two pinned Google Chrome.lnk here. Delete the Google Chrome.lnk and make Google Chrome (1).lnk readonly (Right Click -> Properties -> General tab -> tick Read-only -> Click OK);

and if that doesn't work, here's something from Google for Chrome:
Remove the User Data folder from
C:\users\$USERNAME$\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\
When you restart Chrome and pin it, Chrome will then behave and report multiple windows opened under the pinned icon once again.

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I love you SuprGamr, after opening and closing a few times, the items are staying where there supposed to, so for now it seems like the problem is resolved.

Thank you very much, it didn't effect the PC performance it was more of an annoyance but you saved the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-