Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forgot to post warnings in System log
I got this one

Le package LSA n’est pas signé comme prévu. Cela peut provoquer un comportement inattendu avec Credential Guard.

Roughly translate to :
The package LSA didn't sign up like usual. This may provoke an unusual behaviour with Credential Guard.

I got this warning 10 times in a single second

also this warning
Credential Guard et/ou l’isolation de clé VBS sont configurés, mais le noyau sécurisé n’est pas en cours d’exécution ; en continuant sans eux.

roughly translate to :

Credential Guard and/or the isolation of VBS keys are configured, but the security core is not running ; keeping on without them.

appeared once, before the other ten, but still within the same second

I also got a few more error and warning after :

two warning from DistributedCOM
one error from Service Control Manager
one from TPM-WMI

Not completely sure, but could be Windows/OS related (and not hardware)..
would you suggest a clean windows install?

In the event viewer logs, have you any warnings for nvlddmkm? I noticed that you are using an nvidia GPU. If there are, it 'could' be a TDR issue at a small chance. Other than that, you could go through all the startup items using msconfig. Disable anything non-microsoft and anything else non-essential. Reboot the PC. Is it stable? If so, enable the non-essential startup items a few (or preferably one) at a time and try again.
no such error found
I'll try what you said with msconfig

thanks

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just laggy or does it crash?
no actual crash. everything will just freeze and become unresponsive. Sometime, my media player will keep playing but also become greyed out, like when an application is not responding, but I will still have the video and audio playing.
Clicking anywhere, typing anything, nothing will happen. After a few minutes of nothing happening, I reboot my computer through external button, since I can't even tell windows to reboot

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no actual crash. everything will just freeze and become unresponsive. Sometime, my media player will keep playing but also become greyed out, like when an application is not responding, but I will still have the video and audio playing.
Clicking anywhere, typing anything, nothing will happen. After a few minutes of nothing happening, I reboot my computer through external button, since I can't even tell windows to reboot

Do you know if you are using all your cpu cores?

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Noctosphere See if this helps. It will explain what LSA is and how to troubleshoot it.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enabl...thority-lsa-protection-in-windows-11.11104/#8

Somebody reported that they had that issue and found that there was a bad nvidia driver install. He reported that a driver reinstall fixed it but if that is the case, it may only be part of the problem. For another it was a virus. So maybe do an offline (startup) virus scan. Also, this may be of use to you too.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/msdn-technet-forums/cf6ceadd-4bb4-4668-b8fb-8ccf7d067e31

https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/78769-anyone-else-have-srudb-dat-error-all-time.html

Last edited by ILuvGames,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you suggest a clean windows install?
Depends, can't tell you to do that if you don't need to.. First try if it happens in safe mode (if you haven't tried that already), and WinPE.
As for the drivers, have you updated any recently? Soon before the issue started appearing? Roll back if you did.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends, can't tell you to do that if you don't need to.. First try if it happens in safe mode (if you haven't tried that already), and WinPE.
As for the drivers, have you updated any recently? Soon before the issue started appearing? Roll back if you did.
i didnt update drivers in a while actually.

as for "see if it happen in safe mode", as i said earlier, it is very random. I mean, look at my last message before today, it didnt happen in a month.

Reactions: CoolMe

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, just got another one of these lag
I took in note the exact timestamp of when it happened (clock was frozen)
This freeze was much less intense than all previous ones, it lasted only over a minute (but still!!!)

In Application logs, I got no events near that timestamp (lag occured at 10:44:32, last event was at 10:28:23)

In System log, however, I got two Warning event at 10:44:14 , which may be when it started lagging, before freezing

First :

Une réinitialisation au périphérique, \Device\RaidPort0, a été émise.

roughly translate to :
A reboot to device, \Device\RaidPort0 , was emited

Second :

L’opération d’E/S à l’adresse de bloc logique 0x2379c48 pour le disque 1 (nom d’objet périphérique physique : \Device\00000055) a été tentée à nouveau.

roughly translate to :

The operation E/S to the logical bloc address 0x2379c48 for disc 1 (name of physical device : \Device\00000055) was tried again.

Do you guys think it could be a failing drive?

Reactions: AncientBoi

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok, just got another one of these lag
I took in note the exact timestamp of when it happened (clock was frozen)
This freeze was much less intense than all previous ones, it lasted only over a minute (but still!!!)

In Application logs, I got no events near that timestamp (lag occured at 10:44:32, last event was at 10:28:23)

In System log, however, I got two Warning event at 10:44:14 , which may be when it started lagging, before freezing

First :

Une réinitialisation au périphérique, \Device\RaidPort0, a été émise.

roughly translate to :
A reboot to device, \Device\RaidPort0 , was emited

Second :

L’opération d’E/S à l’adresse de bloc logique 0x2379c48 pour le disque 1 (nom d’objet périphérique physique : \Device\00000055) a été tentée à nouveau.

roughly translate to :

The operation E/S to the logical bloc address 0x2379c48 for disc 1 (name of physical device : \Device\00000055) was tried again.

Not sure. What does SP Toolbox say if you use the diagnostics scan? If the drive health is still good, are there any firmware updates for it? If you think it still might be the drive, trying a different sata cable or port might do the trick. After some digging, are you using the latest Intel Rapid Storage Driver? If you go click driver details in the driver tab for the SSD controller, does it show iaStor? If so, are there any errors or warnings in the event log for iaStor? If not or you aren't sure, try updating it from the link below as it is for your motherboard. "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued." is often related to that driver for SSD's. A BIOS update may help as well but i'd try that last.

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-c...helpdesk_download?model2Name=PRIME-H570M-PLUS

Last edited by ILuvGames,

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 cents.

Have you cleaned the cache out

Screenshot 2024-04-20 105756.png

do it 3 times
1. temp
2. %temp%
3. prefetch

Mine [laptop on wifi] still does it a few times :mellow:

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 2 cents.

Have you cleaned the cache out

View attachment 432767

do it 3 times
1. temp
2. %temp%
3. prefetch

Mine [laptop on wifi] still does it a few times :mellow:
That does nothing.
Not sure, does the hdd tend to be at 100% disk usage in the task manager? Specially close/during these hang/frozen moments?
Hey, use a flash drive and install WinPE as boot os and see if it happens there, you can try other OS's Linux distros and what have you too with Ventoy, if the hang/freeze happens with those too it's not the hdd and most likely something hardware related.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto