Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 3.0!

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Mediafire link from the first post is not working
frown.gif

EDIT: Never mind, it's working again.

little_vin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
innercy said:
^try create a channel by "Extracting from WBFS", make sure u select the game in the list
Thanks for the comment, just tried the "Extracting from WBFS" and the "SPORTS_PACK_for_REVOLUTION.iso" was created successfully. Still, the wad's name is same "ii SportsWi - USPW.wad" and the file size is 889K. I think it's exactly the same thing as the previous one. It never show up on HOME.

Is it normal for the wad's name "ii SportsWi - USPW.wad"?

Slon2k2

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi all... i have a problem when i try to read my wbfs partition on Windows xp sp3. its a 300gb drive with to partition á 150gb. it works under ubuntu linux wounderfull but under windows nothing... i now its better to format it fat32 an then let it format by the wii consol its self (or by the loader) but i have many games on it... any tips what to do that i can use the features of wbfsman... or is there a port for ubuntu linux ?

thx

masamunecyrus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
manias said:
masamunecyrus said:
Does anyone know of any boot.dols that I can use that force NTSC / 60 Hz and/or use Ocarina?
the loader with the thread of 100 pages, right here in the forum
not as a channel at the moment afaik

Yeah, I'm looking for one that could be used with Channel Creator 3.0 which have Force NTSC and Ocarina as options. Ocarina would be great for Texture, etc... hacking in Smash Bros. as well as Brawl+, and Force NTSC would be good for... well, PAL games.

The Ultimate Loader V6.7 in this thread would work very well as it has ocarina support and even better than Force NTSC -- force System. However, I'm not terribly familiar with C and I'm even less familiar with Wii programming, so trying to put that into a wad would take me a good long time to figure out, so I was wondering if there were any templates for Channel Creator that could be used that would give those options.

thewebguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help please i am freezing when i try to import iso onto HD works fine with 2.2 but 3 does not work.
i have xp64 bit

quning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I got the exact problem on my wii, my wii is 3.1J

with HBC and everything is fine. I also use a customize version WAD manager with SDHC support.

The problem is when I generate HBC channel, it generates all the files, but on wii, it reports an error "not a valid wii application".

So I use the option to generate a wad for it and install it. And the exact thing as following quoted happened to me. Any one can help?
little_vin said:
innercy said:
^try create a channel by "Extracting from WBFS", make sure u select the game in the list
Thanks for the comment, just tried the "Extracting from WBFS" and the "SPORTS_PACK_for_REVOLUTION.iso" was created successfully. Still, the wad's name is same "ii SportsWi - USPW.wad" and the file size is 889K. I think it's exactly the same thing as the previous one. It never show up on HOME.

Is it normal for the wad's name "ii SportsWi - USPW.wad"?

Posts merged

What does this mean? I thought the HBC can recognize all the channels already on the SDHC, why can it work with the generated channels for these usb disk games?

Emil007 said:
QUOTE(Buffer123 @ Apr 14 2009, 03:17 PM)
Hello,

Do these channels work with an SDHC card too?

Thanks
no, they don't... (yet)

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
Please correct me if I'm wrong..

Let me see if I got this right.
This tool not only installs isos on the WBFS hdd, it also makes channels for launching them. Right?
And it can create channels for games already installed too, right?

If so, this is the best invention since food!

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
penetr8or said:
Please correct me if I'm wrong..

Let me see if I got this right.
This tool not only installs isos on the WBFS hdd, it also makes channels for launching them. Right?
And it can create channels for games already installed too, right?

If so, this is the best invention since food!

YES, and it also gives you the choice of what usb loader and boot loader to use
smile.gif

penetr8or

Trophies
XP
Country
Wonderful..
smile.gif

Now I just need to figure out how to get it to work..

Now, "Geometry Wars" and "Monster 4x4 World Circuit" gives me 0b files while certain other games, like any Lego game gives me a run-time error 52 "Bad file name or number"
Doesn't matter if I try to create channels from ISO or WBFS.

I guess it's just a matter of time before the errors are ironed out, untill then I just have some games I can only launch from USB Loader..
Great work on this
smile.gif

thewebguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help

Help please i am freezing when i try to import iso onto HD works fine with 2 but 3 does not work.
i have xp64 bit

lanik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all I want to give my congratulation to HowardC for his incredible application... Great job!!

I'd like to report the errors I've found to help to improve the program...

I've created several WADs from ISO and most of them work OK, but I've got the following error message:
Run-time error '52':
Bad file name or number

for those games:
RSJP41
RBKP69

(Browken Sword PAL and BoomBlox PAL)
I think the problem is with some character in the name of the game.

And I've got a 0 Byte WAD (also creating it from ISO) for Geometry Wars Galaxies PAL (RGLP7D)

I hope this information can help to improve the application
wink.gif

Regards.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lanik said:
First of all I want to give my congratulation to HowardC for his incredible application... Great job!!

I'd like to report the errors I've found to help to improve the program...

I've created several WADs from ISO and most of them work OK, but I've got the following error message:
Run-time error '52':
Bad file name or number

for those games:
RSJP41
RBKP69

(Browken Sword PAL and BoomBlox PAL)
I think the problem is with some character in the name of the game.

And I've got a 0 Byte WAD (also creating it from ISO) for Geometry Wars Galaxies PAL (RGLP7D)

I hope this information can help to improve the application
wink.gif

Regards.

As you suspected Bad file name errors are caused by wierd game partition names. You need to post the names that appear in the manager, not the disc ids.
wink.gif

I will probably make a function that just strips out illegal characters and be done with it, but I am dependant upon wbfs's naming convention (wbfs names the isos and I have to then find them) so I'm reluctant to do this.

A zero byte wad is farily impossible seeing as how even an empty template would be several bytes. Are you sure you don't mean a zero byte opening.bnr?

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red_Squirrel said:
HowardC, first of all thank you very much for your GUI (even if I don't use GUIs)
yay.gif

I have a little request for you, if possible
smileipb2.png
Because I have no wish to install all visual basic dependencies in my already heavy and slow Windows OS, could you make us a little .BAT which extracts the opening.bnr from an ISO using the wiiscrubber.dll? I never use GUIs (I prefer command line tools) and opening Wiiscrubber to extract opening.bnr from each ISO every time is a bit boring
wacko.gif

And then in this way many people that get errors with your GUI will can use the channel maker option in "BAT" version
wink2.gif

So could you make this BAT for us or at least could you tell us how to extract only the opening.bnr from an ISO using the wiiscrubber.dll (as your GUI does)?

Thank you very much in every case
bow.gif

That isn't how dlls work. They don't have command-line options or anything like that, they are plugins for programs to use. Also there hasn't been a single report of a vb dependancy error. The dependancy errors we have been getting are actually from the dll, so you'd have those anyway.

Red_Squirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psp-cheats.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, sorry, i had no experience with DLLs at that point of the thread
shy.gif
Now (in last days) i got a little documentation about them and infact I manage to load wiiscrubber.dll with a .NET application (using Vb.net) but... i can't find any documentation about the functions "contained" in that DLL...
unsure.gif
where did you get the full list of the functions that we can "recall" from the DLL? I tried to view the exports of the DLL with PE Explorer but I got only the "name" of the functions and not the parametres they use
wacko.gif
I tried to call from it the function "extractFiles(...)" and infact program recall it without errors, but the result is "nothing" happens... no file extracted
unsure.gif
Maybe I have to "load" the entire ISO before, but without the list of the functions that i can use i'm in big difficulty
ph34r.gif

I searched for them with google but seems there is no website where they are explaned.

Thank you for your attention
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc