WayForwards Adventure Time Trailer!

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know that show.
Is it the first game from that show on a console? I'm curious to test last games if there were any.
It's the first game yes, but what more important is that the show is great, Wayforward is great (developers behind Contra 4, shantae and more recently Mighty Switch Force)
and when you combine those things with Zelda II gameplay your bound to have something good come out of it.
Another thing I should mention is that the shows creator himself (Pendelton Ward) will be supervising the project, so unlike many other TV to game releases this will actually stay true to the show.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sure I'm going to get hate, but that looks like the plainest platformer I've ever seen. The art style, the level design, etc. Adventure Time is cool, but this just looks kind of crappy.
I have to agree, much like Zelda II it seems to emphasise on the combat, but the combat didn't seem that spectacular.
Unless they're only showing off the early parts of the game or something, I'm not seeing much of a unique, identifying gameplay element to carry this strongly.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I'm going to get hate, but that looks like the plainest platformer I've ever seen. The art style, the level design, etc. Adventure Time is cool, but this just looks kind of crappy.
this coming from the guy who sits around in the irc chat repeating words like "ballin" and "mad gay"? While I agree the game doesn't look all that great it does look decent and hopefully the final product will have lots more action and in my opinion it needs to have a tighter camera angle, closer to the character rather than the super zoomed out scenic view.

But damnit, it better have beemo and marceline as unlockable characters. It'd be really awesome if they threw in a bunch of one off characters as well like the old donut witch and the little theif girl (penny?).

Reactions: 1 person

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this coming from the guy who sits around in the irc chat repeating words like "ballin" and "mad gay"? While I agree the game doesn't look all that great it does look decent and hopefully the final product will have lots more action and in my opinion it needs to have a tighter camera angle, closer to the character rather than the super zoomed out scenic view.

But damnit, it better have beemo and marceline as unlockable characters. It'd be really awesome if they threw in a bunch of one off characters as well like the old donut witch and the little theif girl (penny?).
Beemo gameplay will make me explode with joy...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can say the same about Zelda II.

For the record I tried playing Zelda II and I thought it was kinda crap but I'd play this more for the Adventure Time aesthetic and such. Plus I'd think with 20 years since Zelda II that they'd provide some significant improvements over gameplay.

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Why is this game getting so much hype?
1. WayForward tend to make games that are really good. Even their "work for hire" stuff is better than most other developers. They made an excellent Sabrina the Teenage Witch game for GBC...now that is talent!
2. Adventure Time is an excellent series that people tend to disregard as stupid despite it actually being really deep. Its a kids show that adults of any age enjoy as well.
3. Combine both and Zelda II gameplay and you've got a winner.
Also worth mentioning is that WayForward also did Shantae.

Also worth mentioning is that the creator of the show was involved in the development of the game.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also worth mentioning is that the creator of the show was involved in the development of the game.
Also worth mentioning this mentioning was mentioned by eerpow :P
Anywho my gamestop is being squares and not showing any kind of freaking pre order bonus for this game D: I seriously plan on getting the 3ds version of this game, it looks great.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way I just hope for a good game. I'm not expecting "the last great DS" game or anything like that just something that plays well and is nicely thought out.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. WayForward tend to make games that are really good. Even their "work for hire" stuff is better than most other developers. They made an excellent Sabrina the Teenage Witch game for GBC...now that is talent!
2. Adventure Time is an excellent series that people tend to disregard as stupid despite it actually being really deep. Its a kids show that adults of any age enjoy as well.

Also worth mentioning that Wayforward made this.

gallery_125264_224_74503.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Wayforward is a company with multiple devisions, given that the creator will be helping with steering the projects direction I'm willing to bet that they got one of their better teams to do the work.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gallery_125264_224_74503.jpg
Also worth mentioning that for the license, the target crowd and that it's for Fisher-Price, this game was pretty decent and actually got decent enough reviews nothing Earth shattering, just the odd 7/10 here and there.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

*snip*

WayForward, if given the right subject source and resources, can make excellent games. Otherwise they're thrown crap like that.

It's also worth mentioning that they made Shantae and a number of other quality handheld games.
Absolutely, I'm just saying that they've done their licensed titles to pay the bills. A LOT of them actually. Before that, they even did clones of stuff like Pac Man.
It's thanks to the DSiWare store and Mighty Flip Champs that they've begun to emerge as such a respected developer.

Anyhow it's possible that Adventure Time is just another of many in Wayforward's lines of licensed titles. They're probably giving it more respect like Batman the brave and the bold though.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also worth mentioning that the repetition of "Also worth mentioning that" is getting kind of stupid and annoying.

Also worth mentioning that I can't wait for this game. :tpi:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyhow it's possible that Adventure Time is just another of many in Wayforward's lines of licensed titles. They're probably giving it more respect like Batman the brave and the bold though.

I thought Batman BatB was pretty good. Here I think they're definitely putting a lot of time into it to make it less of an "obligatory licensed video game" and something more in line with a quality video game based off good media.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative