Hacking Discussion Was installing Odyssey to NAND via Aluminum foil &, error occurred, powered off and wont turn on!!!

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Am wondering where the kid is? He hasn't replied since yesterday.
As Andy mentioned, it's most likely fixed.
This is the standard behavior of people in need. Applies mostly to kids and clients;
Ask frantically for help, then when your issue is resolved, do not waste your time thanking the people who helped you, cause your issue "shouldn't have happened anyway".

MK100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As Andy mentioned, it's most likely fixed.
This is the standard behavior of people in need. Applies mostly to kids and clients;
Ask frantically for help, then when your issue is resolved, do not waste your time thanking the people who helped you, cause your issue "shouldn't have happened anyway".
13 year old here and quite frankly agree

Reactions: andyhappypants

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have autoRCM on you are put into recovery mode. Hold the power down for 15 seconds, plug into pc and use TegraRCM. Boot ReiNX with it and it should boot up. Make a nand back up immediately if it turns on. If it does not turn on, did you install the nsp with a reliable version of odyssey? If not you probably downloaded a brick version of the game and without a Nand back up there’s nothing you can do.

Crimson0verlord

The Crimson Øverlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fine, I'm fine. I got $300 to buy a new switch by selling the other one off to someone who said they would be able to fix it. I already owned odyssey, but i removed from internal storage b/c i was trying to make space for JD2019. Then i got rid of JD2019, and went back to odyssey plan with less storage b/c of MK8DX. Then Nintendo banned my console from online services. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas to try to help me out. although none of them worked.... Thanks for the help anyway...and HOLY SHIT!!! 4,200 VIEWS!! I've never gotten this much support on one single thing. I didn't imagine this was one o f the outcomes of this thread being started. I lost my odyssey saves, and I've learned my lesson. "Don't Fuck Up Your Shit!" - Tyler Bailey 2019
no but seriously, make a NAND backup before you install something, even if you don't feel wasting time to do it, do it anyways. it'll save you in the long run!

Last edited by Crimson0verlord,
Reactions: Tizm

Gritherdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats good man, i just hope you were honest with them, cause they just bought a broken banned switch, and for 300$ why didn't they just go to the store. Why would they pay 300$ for a broken banned switch. You can get a used switch at Gamestop for maybe 260$ today. Anyway at least you say you learned from your mistake, thats the first step in the healing process!!

MK100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thats good man, i just hope you were honest with them, cause they just bought a broken banned switch, and for 300$ why didn't they just go to the store. Why would they pay 300$ for a broken banned switch. You can get a used switch at Gamestop for maybe 260$ today. Anyway at least you say you learned from your mistake, thats the first step in the healing process!!
Wholesome asf

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He said he got $300 to buy a new Switch by selling the broken one. He didn't say he sold his broken banned Switch for $300. He probably got $25 from the sale of the broken Switch and got the remaining $275 from elsewhere. At least, that's the way I understand it.:D

Tripa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The golden rule remains: don't hack something you are afraid of losing. And if you are afraid, back the fuck up, duplicate the backup, put it in ext hds and the cloud. Then proceed with hack.

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm fine, I'm fine. I got $300 to buy a new switch by selling the other one off to someone who said they would be able to fix it. I already owned odyssey, but i removed from internal storage b/c i was trying to make space for JD2019. Then i got rid of JD2019, and went back to odyssey plan with less storage b/c of MK8DX. Then Nintendo banned my console from online services. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas to try to help me out. although none of them worked.... Thanks for the help anyway...and HOLY SHIT!!! 4,200 VIEWS!! I've never gotten this much support on one single thing. I didn't imagine this was one o f the outcomes of this thread being started. I lost my odyssey saves, and I've learned my lesson. "Don't Fuck Up Your Shit!" - Tyler Bailey 2019
no but seriously, make a NAND backup before you install something, even if you don't feel wasting time to do it, do it anyways. it'll save you in the long run!
Be sure to ask the guy how he's gonna fix it so we can all learn

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to ask the guy how he's gonna fix it so we can all learn
as already stated, RCM will boot even without an emmc, so the OP is definitely missing something simple (or not telling us the whole story). The buyer will probably charge the battery, boot into RCM, then remove autoRCM. The OP is obviously not mature enough to understand simple directions. The lack of a backup is proof of that, since every console hacking tutorial I've ever read, tells you to do so!

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Budsixz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work