Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I did as you said and renamed the file afterwards but . . . well it didn't work. And as I had loaded the game beforehand but hadn't played the game, there was already a save file there. It was 512 kb big. Or maybe bytes? The converted file I made was only 32 kb or bytes. What did I do wrong?
Tell the filenames, and screenshot some of the stuff?

technewbie389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tell the filenames, and screenshot some of the stuff?

Ok, here are screen shots of all the stages. The first picture shows you the original emu save file. The second shows you all the settings. The third shows both the original and the converted save file. As you can see, the converted file has changed from 19kb to 32kb. The fourth picture shows the save file made by me when I loaded the game on the 3DS and attempted to load a game BEFORE I had placed any save file.(Did I explain that right?) So actually, now that I look, the sav files size changes between original, converted and non-existent.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Untitled4.png
    Untitled4.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Untitled5.png
    Untitled5.png
    22 KB · Views: 168

technewbie389

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Oh, one last question. Should I update my 3DS or will that cause it to block/brick my DSTwo?
Always update your DSTwo first (Always update your flashcart before you decide to update system).
Read the news from forum, be aware of the usablity of your card at the time.
DStwo provides you with its fast update, but after the 3ds's update certainly.
So yeah, there will be a time that your card can not use if you update your 3ds first.
Even the DSTwo says that it can be updated in another access, it will be difficult for you.
=_=||| Also a reminder: 3ds updates always includes flashcart blocking merely includes those you need.

TheMadgician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Semi related question, how do I update the firmware on my dstwo when it gets here? I understand everything else, except that. My only other flashcart has been an r4 from r4sdhc. So it was buying a new card. This was back before I knew what I was doing. I'm not unfamiliar with these kinds of things, either. Just not sure how to update the firmware on the dstwo.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Semi related question, how do I update the firmware on my dstwo when it gets here? I understand everything else, except that. My only other flashcart has been an r4 from r4sdhc. So it was buying a new card. This was back before I knew what I was doing. I'm not unfamiliar with these kinds of things, either. Just not sure how to update the firmware on the dstwo.
When you put the update file in the root and start up the DSTwo, it'll detect it and offer to update for 'ya.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Firmware[Not OS]:
Copy the file dstwoupdate.dat to root of your miniSD.
You will need a 3ds with older firmware (yes not newest version) or NDS to get that updated.
Suggest you use full battery, wait without extra commands.
The Firmware version can only be seen when you try to update your cart.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've got 1.4.5U on my DSi and 4.5.0-10U on my 3DS. Should work on the DSi then, right?
The device you update your cart with should never be the lastest, in normal update access.

update its firmware via Alternate Access. (For those silly updated all their devices. This is not a normal access)
Download the firmware update file and unzip (Not OS update).
Change the name dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat, and paste the file to root of your miniSD.
insert your miniSD into DSTWO, then DSTWO into your 3DS. Open 3DS and head for DSTWO. It will appear:
An error has occurred.
Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off.
Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.
Do never turn off it. Wait for several minutes (at least 3 minutes) without any command.
Then turn 3ds off and take off the miniSD. Delete the dstwoupdateb.dat from miniSD.
After doing so, test your DSTwo. This access may brick your cart but it is the only way when one's machines got update all to newest.
Remember: 3ds updates are not so useful as you think but useful for blocking your cart.
If you do not need to play the newest 3ds games please consider not doing so.

TheMadgician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, ok. I didn't fully realize how hard the firmware updates were. I just knew that it worked on the most recent firmware so when it prompted me to update I thought nothing of it. Is there a way to check for the most recent firmware to see if it came pre-updated? I believe nds-card.com does.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ah, ok. I didn't fully realize how hard the firmware updates were. I just knew that it worked on the most recent firmware so when it prompted me to update I thought nothing of it. Is there a way to check for the most recent firmware to see if it came pre-updated? I believe nds-card.com does.
however you must learn how to update it. pre-updated cart can not always work properly.
When you got a prompt of the 3ds system update:
First check the homepage of DSTwo. If they got across the newest firmware there will be news. If not, please wait for a day.
Then check the Working FlashCart on this forum. They will provide you with a list that can work with the newest 3ds update.
After that, You decide. If you always want to play newest 3ds games and use e-shop, update your cart then update the 3ds.
If not or feeling no attraction from the e-shop just ignore it and play your ds games waiting for the hack.

TheMadgician

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair point about pre updated card. However how can I tell if it did, in fact, come pre updated? Do I just pop it in when I get it and hope it works? Will this brick the card if its not updated? Should I try on my DSi instead of my 3DS first? Or should I just try to run the alternative update and see if it does anything?

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Fair point about pre updated card. However how can I tell if it did, in fact, come pre updated? Do I just pop it in when I get it and hope it works? Will this brick the card if its not updated? Should I try on my DSi instead of my 3DS first? Or should I just try to run the alternative update and see if it does anything?
It doesn't matter much. To get that.
1.Ask someone who purchased the carts from the same seller.
2.Use Normal Update access. There should be something informs you its version.
The 3ds certainly blocks the flashcarts, but it has no ability of bricking your cart. Only man can brick cart. SO just plug the cart in. If it does not works try to update your cart. however You can always test the cart with your dsi first if you think that is necessary.

Rat.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So whats the final words on the Scds2
Should we still buy it?
Have the problems people have been experiencing been solved?
Have they admitted they were selling faulty carts ? were they even faulty from the factory ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh