• Views 72,491
  • Replies 297
  • Likes 13

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Latest update from TE: "To sum it up, as stated before our mod is 'future-proof', i know everyone screaming for 'more proof' after nintendo's big 5.0 release, but Don't Worry.. Be Happy.. Stay Clam.. Chillout..
smile.png

There will be solderless and solder version, when the time comes as we get closer to release more info will be released, but due to cloners and e-famers, and other reasons, you will not see much more info posted like pics, etc. until just before pre-orders start, and we have not finalized a release date yet either, so don't whine about that either.

All I can say is things are moving smoothly, the prototype boards are in hands of our skilled development team, and they are busy putting the final touches to give you a complete nice solution for modding, improving and enjoying your Nintendo Switch to the fullest the hardware can take you!
smile.png
"

Reactions: Nezztor

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
You missed it by a couple days. Everytime there is a new firmware the online access restrictions are lifted for a short time and anyone can download updates/games. That's the only way for now.

mind if I ask how does that work?

e.g; I just got myself a copy of Zelda A000, and I went online to purchase the entire DLC.

So the game downlaoded the DLC, but it requires an update (my firmware is on 4.x, but I suspect the DLC requires 5.x)

so, how do we go around it, or there's no way about it?

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mind if I ask how does that work?

e.g; I just got myself a copy of Zelda A000, and I went online to purchase the entire DLC.

So the game downlaoded the DLC, but it requires an update (my firmware is on 4.x, but I suspect the DLC requires 5.x)

so, how do we go around it, or there's no way about it?
There isn't any way around it for now, that's why there is a thread titled don't buy anything digitally on 4.1

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
There isn't any way around it for now, that's why there is a thread titled don't buy anything digitally on 4.1
I've heard rumours of something called as "friend patching", as in let's say i have a 4.x console, my friend also has a 4.x console, and let's say he has zelda DLC update, i can get that data from that person?

Or... not?

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've heard rumours of something called as "friend patching", as in let's say i have a 4.x console, my friend also has a 4.x console, and let's say he has zelda DLC update, i can get that data from that person?

Or... not?

Just for the switch firmware or multiplayer games like splatoon not single player games

Reactions: CSpiritsong

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Or... not?
That's to do with multiplayer needing both players to be on the same game version. For example, on the 3DS if you wanted to play Mario Kart with a friend and one of you was on a different version of the game then you couldn't play unless the other downloaded the same update. If there's no internet available then that was the end of it.

On the Switch they want to get rid of that issue by allowing you to grab the update from a friend directly instead of having to go online. That's all it is. It won't allow sharing of DLC or anything like that.

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
That's to do with multiplayer needing both players to be on the same game version. For example, on the 3DS if you wanted to play Mario Kart with a friend and one of you was on a different version of the game then you couldn't play unless the other downloaded the same update. If there's no internet available then that was the end of it.

On the Switch they want to get rid of that issue by allowing you to grab the update from a friend directly instead of having to go online. That's all it is. It won't allow sharing of DLC or anything like that.
many thanks!

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
on 4.1 i am losing my faith about getting the cfw anymore. i am not sure even god knows when they will release it for public. i think i will update.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am exaggerating. because nothing is happening. if i couldn't see any miracle in a few days, i will update for the new games.

Patience is a virtue in may things, especially CFW/Homebrew. 5.0 just released a week and a half ago. It takes time for new firmwares to be reversed and all existing exploits verified to make sure they are actually patched by Nintendo before release to the public. Also CFW that will ultimately be for all firmwares up to 4.1 is actively being developed right now. Amazing things are happening and I am very optimistic that we will have CFW for everything up to 4.1 before the end of 2018 at the rate things are going.

Also seriously ask yourself what games are coming out between now and Smash, for example (the next really big Nintendo exclusive that has a release window) that you can't live without playing in favor of having drastically more control over your awesome Switch console. Some people can't live without Splatoon 2 online and I can understand those people updating, but don't just update on a whim. Seriously consider it. Just my two cents. Happy gaming!

RyoX9

Trophies
Website
solarsysteminstall.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i would have lost faith if team xecutor has not announced a chip as the soft mod guys like ps4 scene are just hoarding on exploits and releasing exploits for older firmwares which are useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You'd think it would have documents on that