Hacking Wanted:Coders intrested in possible downgrade for wii u...

Would you like this to be possible (silly question)

• Yes Easier exploits means easier homebrew

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No hacking means mario kart/splatoon cheating

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Not intrested

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

#3dBRAT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.whydoyoucare
XP
Country
United States
Yes I need this because I'm not good at coding at all...but I am good at graphic design and theorizing and I believe I may have found a plausible method of wii u downgrading think from a far perspective I realize that the wii u has to use an ip/website to download update data for system updates (unless its on a game disk) so I need some questions answered before I ask people for help I want to list my methods...

1. can we use the wayback machine or a alternative to save the ip/site before updates get released and use it as a possible forged ip/site for downgrades

2. I also have two plausible methods to downgrade 1 being what I described the other using old updates on old wii u game disks and using a vulnerability to get a downgrade (just realized not possible with out advanced permission to console)

3.Would it be possible to make a vulnerability to forge old updates to trick the wii u into thinking its a new update Wifi/use of sd card/usb stick

I need some legitimate answers....and some help so if any wii u hackers/coders could step up and answer this for me it would be nice

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Yes I need this because I'm not good at coding at all...but I am good at graphic design and theorizing and I believe I may have found a plausible method of wii u downgrading think from a far perspective I realize that the wii u has to use an ip/website to download update data for system updates (unless its on a game disk) so I need some questions answered before I ask people for help I want to list my methods...

1. can we use the wayback machine or a alternative to save the ip/site before updates get released and use it as a possible forged ip/site for downgrades

2. I also have two plausible methods to downgrade 1 being what I described the other using old updates on old wii u game disks and using a vulnerability to get a downgrade (just realized not possible with out advanced permission to console)

3.Would it be possible to make a vulnerability to forge old updates to trick the wii u into thinking its a new update Wifi/use of sd card/usb stick

I need some legitimate answers....and some help so if any wii u hackers/coders could step up and answer this for me it would be nice
...no. Nooooo. Nope.

End Thread.

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Someone who just want to contribute to the wii u hacking scene and maybe improve it
Without finding said exploit or vulns or coding anything?? Better off just filling a thread with shit. :P (Dont kill me mods)

#3dBRAT

OP
Trophies
Website
www.whydoyoucare
XP
Country
United States
Without finding said exploit or vulns or coding anything?? Better off just filling a thread with shit. :P (Dont kill me mods)
I want an explaination on why this could not be possible like I said in the wii u guide to hacking thread on here the wii u is man made meaning imperfect meaning it can always be exploited

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't do downgrades by tricking it into appearing as newer updates since update files need to be modded and modding destroys signatures, so wii u will not flash it regardless, unless you're already hacked, then possibly sure.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

But... It's not how it works... You can't only theorize a method, you need knowledge of the hardware and the software.

Reactions: OctopusRift

OctopusRift

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I want an explaination on why this could not be possible like I said in the wii u guide to hacking thread on here the wii u is man made meaning imperfect meaning it can always be exploited
No. You need to do more than dream an idea. Actually try it. Spoofing servers wont work. you need to sign the content, as the system uses a hash to check the latest and modifying any content changes the hash.

P.S. @Dr.Crygor 07 you now have 222 internets.

Reactions: Mazamin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://imgur.com/gallery/YA4kJ6L