Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So its been a while since ive been on GBA temp, and ive noticed alot of new things. My wii is so bulked up with hacks that i just want to start fresh again.

So first things first:

1. I want to get my wii back to virgin state

2. I want a softmod like softmii (startscreen and all that stuff) that works on 4.0 i believe one just came out (Luwii64 or something), but im still unclear about it. Does softmii 2.0 work on 4.0?

3. Want to install bootmii, but am unsure if it will work on 4.0. i am currently using 3.2 (is bootmii an alternative to the preloader?)

I just need to know where to start and what to do inorder to get back up to date. Id rly appreciate the help. sry for being such a bother.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It would probably be easier to just say what you have on your wii so far and go from there then to try to get it back to normal and start again. Bootmii doesn't care about firmware if you can install it to boot2, it's better than preloader, but being able to install it depends on how old your wii is and if it has a vulnerable boot1. If you get that and make a nand backup just work from there and if you mess up you can use that backup to restore to that point and try again.

You probably don't need the LU64 thing from softmii as you most likely don't have a LU64 wii. If you only want the theme stuff softmii has I think the only thing you need from their package is the softmii tweak toy. (Get bootmii first though, installing that stuff incorrectly can brick you if you don't have it.)

So first things first. Grab the hackmii installer from bootmii.org and change it to boot.elf and run that from hbc and see if you can install bootmii to boot2 (you can also install as IOS alongside it, boot2 makes it come up at start and IOS lets you load it from hbc.) Once you install that, reboot and use it to make a nand backup of your wii on your sd card (it'll be about 528-540ish MB so you need at least a 1 GB sd card.) If you do that you're 100% brick proof unless you decide to uninstall bootmii from boot2 for some stupid reason.

Then just say what you've done so far to your wii and what you specifically want.

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When i try to run the installer it tells me that my wii is not hackable. This is why i want to get it back to virgin state. I know my wii should be easy to hack because i got it on launch day. Its the first gen model. im sry to be nagging, but i rly need help.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The hackmii installer said that for a launch Wii? Only reason I can think of for it saying that is if you have CIOSCORP installed. If you do, you need to install a normal IOS36-64-v1042.wad and then run it again.

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its because i have CIOSCORP installed......FML...now to find that wad. I should use the wad manager to install right? (just double checking). BTW is IOS36-64-v1042.wad for PAL or NTSC. I have NTSC.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Painguy said:
Yeah its because i have CIOSCORP installed......FML...now to find that wad. I should use the wad manager to install right? (just double checking). BTW is IOS36-64-v1042.wad for PAL or NTSC. I have NTSC.
you can get it from google or the NUS downloader (0000000100000024 and v1042)
it is for both regions

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so extracted the wad from brawl and installed the wad, and then installed bootmii. So now i need to move on to the cleansing portion. First of i have a preloader installed so i want to get rid of that. A while back i installed softmii 0.9 and i had to downgrade and i installed a bunch of different files/wads in order to downgrade (all that stuff with the any region changer and junk). So i want to clean all the stuff i did with softmii. I also installed cIOS rev 7. Most of the stuff im worried about is all the wads i installed when setting up softmii. I want to be able to upgrade to 4.0 without bricking my wii, and if possible, play backup games, and use softmii. Im kinda lost at this point so any help would be appreciated. I also did the starup pic changer thing with the 00000042.app so..........yeah. Sry for asking so much.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
do a bootmii nand backup
then use this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835
with the backup, you are safe from bricking, so no need to make your wii virgin
smile.gif

ssr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No...most all Wii's have up to around 70 bad blocks if I recall correctly. It's perfectly normal to have some bad blocks. If you have hundreds, then its something to worry about but they are allowed to ship a Wii with up to about 70 or so bad blocks. Some people have been lucky though and only have a few bad blocks though. I have around 30.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ssr said:
No...most all Wii's have up to around 70 bad blocks if I recall correctly. It's perfectly normal to have some bad blocks. If you have hundreds, then its something to worry about but they are allowed to ship a Wii with up to about 70 or so bad blocks. Some people have been lucky though and only have a few bad blocks though. I have around 30.
After it verified for me all blocks were green (before 3 or so bad)
I wonder if these 3 are bad or not??

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah i only had 7. one last Question (SRY) on the guide it asks to install cIOS36 rev 13. In the pack available for download they have an app callled "cIOS38 rev13". Guessing thats what they meant i ran the app and then it gives me an option to install "IOS249, IOS254, IOS4, IOS 9, IOS 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 50, 51, 53, and 55" (WOW should have just typed etc.). Im guessing to use IOS249 because im pretty familiar with what that is, but the guid says use network install and the installer doesnt say that. Will it say that after i choose 249?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Painguy said:
yeah i only had 7. one last Question (SRY) on the guide it asks to install cIOS36 rev 13. In the pack available for download they have an app callled "cIOS38 rev13". Guessing thats what they meant i ran the app and then it gives me an option to install "IOS249, IOS254, IOS4, IOS 9, IOS 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 50, 51, 53, and 55" (WOW should have just typed etc.). Im guessing to use IOS249 because im pretty familiar with what that is, but the guid says use network install and the installer doesnt say that. Will it say that after i choose 249?
Yes the guy probably didn't know its 38 now or just typed the wrong thing

anyway, select IOS249. It will give some text, press A. Then you can choose it
smile.gif

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL one last thing (Sry again). I want to uninstall the preloader because it apparently conflicts with IOS60. I want to uninstall it, install IOS60 then reinstall preloader v.29.

------------edit-------------
nm i just need to reinstall the preloader after the error message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==