• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ya, just bit the bullet and updated with Waninkoko's 4.3 Firmware Updater using the patch option, everything
seems to be working Ok, hackmii (boot2), emulators, USBLoader GX, ECT. I did notice one odd thing, when
I went into the system setting To check the system version it came up as (4.3E Wan) anyone else noticed this.

Wan = Waninkoko i think

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Four_X said:
ya, just bit the bullet and updated with Waninkoko's 4.3 Firmware Updater using the patch option, everything
seems to be working Ok, hackmii (boot2), emulators, USBLoader GX, ECT. I did notice one odd thing, when
I went into the system setting To check the system version it came up as (4.3E Wan) anyone else noticed this.

Wan = Waninkoko i think

Did your Homebrew Channel went poof? Mine did after using his firmware updater.

K

Kane91z

it erased my HB channel
frown.gif

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Everlasting Nightmare said:
Four_X said:

Wan = Waninkoko i think

no it works great like it did before the update, did you have the patch system menu option on i did

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Four_X said:
Four_X said:

Wan = Waninkoko i think

no it works great like it did before the update, did you have the patch system menu option on i did

Strange. Yeah, I patched the system menu as well..

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just a thought: maybe the System Menu Patches that prevent HBC from getting removed only work on 4.3E?
Could be, as Waninkoko is from Spain

edit: in the other thread there was a guy with the same issue, also from the US

Four_X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Four_X said:
Four_X said:

Wan = Waninkoko i think

thats strange why it diden't work on yours, may be a region thing PAL / NTSC, or a hardware difference but that would be stupid. can't you just install
homebrew channel again.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Codify said:
g4jek8j54 said:
SifJar said:
Actually patches System Menu? Meh, still not very good, but better than his previous lame attempts. No need to update, so why release an updater?
Agreed. There is no point to this.
Useful for me. Retail games will come with the new System Menu required as a preinstall before you can run the game. Sure I could rip each game, scrub out the update, burn to pirate disc and load using a backup loader... but it's much more useful for me just to be able to run this update and forget about it, without having to worry that any new game anyone in my family loads will brick my Wii.

Maybe I should have said that it's not useful right now. The only difference between 4.3 and 4.2 is that Nintendo has done some additional things to try and stop "unauthorized" software from running on the console. I'm guessing that by the time a game is released that has this System Menu on it, Team Twiizers will have released a new HackMii Installer to install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and BootMii as IOS and/or boot2. Also, from some of the posts here, it seems like it might not even be working properly, since some people are saying that their Homebrew Channel has been removed when updating with it. Of course, they may have done something wrong.

EDIT: Also, does this updater install all the updated files, including stub IOS files? If it doesn't, then a System Menu that isn't patched would still ask you to update anyway.

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Four_X said:
Four_X said:
Four_X said:

Wan = Waninkoko i think

thats strange why it diden't work on yours, may be a region thing PAL / NTSC, or a hardware difference but that would be stupid. can't you just install
homebrew channel again.

Hm, could be region, dunno. Yeah, I could install it again, just curious why it happened lol.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i appreciate the tool, but im more concerned with getting homebrew onto a wii with 4.3 . i would hate to try to hook up a friend and not be able to because they are on 4.3 . or if someone updates by accident (although every wii i've ever hacked has priiloader and disable online updates).

i hope some good news comes out soon. bannerbomb was the best tool ever.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
VashTS said:
i appreciate the tool, but im more concerned with getting homebrew onto a wii with 4.3 . i would hate to try to hook up a friend and not be able to because they are on 4.3 . or if someone updates by accident (although every wii i've ever hacked has priiloader and disable online updates).

i hope some good news comes out soon. bannerbomb was the best tool ever.

i agree, i was about to basically say the same thing.

Luxiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
used it on my wii that was on custom 4.2U (installed each wad separately) and it removed my HomeBrew Channel...

HBC was installed at IOS61, which was updated by waninkoko's updater, since it is needed to run ShopChannel v19... I guess that's why my HBC went poof, and so did yours, even if you patched the System Menu, like I did...

I will still be w8ing for an answer, since now I lost my gamecube backup loader, since MIOS was upgraded and I can't run any homebrew to repatch it...
Also, I won't be able to install any other cIOS, so until we get a new homebrew loader, I'm stuck at cIOSX rev19...

Well, hope some of your questions was answered, because mine still need to be...

Cya,
Luxiel

jasondragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 4.2U and updated with Waninkos updater (why, oh why... I don't know). Lost the homebrew channel as well. Advice? Assuming someone will post information on how to get it back in the next few days?

meizme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the 4.3u with the waninkoko safe-my-@$$-updater and lost my HBC also, but to my delight the boot 2 remained to if you were smart and had a nand dump you can recover from this POS. update,
if you didn't make one then you are out of luck until the twiizlers make a non ios61 version of the HBC. From what i have gathered and read the only benefit to this update was not being asked to update hehe. which with startpatch you can fix this easily anyway so, meh to nindy, and epic fail to waninkoko for not makeing the 4.3u patch option yes by default. bad wanin, bad. no treats for you, now go lay down.

Everlasting Nigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mattesno1 said:
Has anyone of you tried to reinstall HBC after using Waninkokos Updater?
Yeah, I could install it again, just curious why it happened lol.
Eh, nah. Thank goodness I have bootmii installed and restored the SM back to 4.2. I don't have Brawl or Indiana Jones game to run the hackmii installer and I think bannerbomb is dead, so yeah
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you