A way to update to 4.3E??

Julssmk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Sorry for my bad english, I hope it would be clear..!
I would like to update my 4.2E wii (hacked), because i want to install a really nice theme create by a user (and it will work only on 4.3). I dehacked my wii , tried the online update but had 32007 error (I tried different dns).
Is there any solution for this problem ?
I know I can buy a game which had update on it, but would like to find another way without monney :)
I thought I heard that modmii be able to mâle the update?
For now i rehack my wii and wait for a solution..

Thanks guys !
Post automatically merged:

Hello,
Sorry for my bad english, I hope it would be clear..!
I would like to update my 4.2E wii (hacked), because i want to install a really nice theme create by a user (and it will work only on 4.3). I dehacked my wii , tried the online update but had 32007 error (I tried different dns).
Is there any solution for this problem ?
I know I can buy a game which had update on it, but would like to find another way without monney :)
I thought I heard that modmii be able to mâle the update?
For now i rehack my wii and wait for a solution..

Thanks guys !

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U can update using modmii.

An official update would also work (just make sure the wii wasn't originally Korean by checking its serial number, as officially updated can brick poorly region changed wii's that were originally Korean)

If you can't do an official update, hold reset when starting your console to access priiloader and temporarily disable priiloader hacks

Never try to dehack a wii, it can be more dangerous than rehacking the wii if u don't know what you're doing.

Themes that work on 4.3 will generally also work on any 4.x system menu, u just need to build the csm file using the my file plus the appropriate app file for your system menu version. Opening a mym with modmii can help u convert it to a csm for your specific system menu version pretty easily.

Julssmk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
U can update using modmii.

An official update would also work (just make sure the wii wasn't originally Korean by checking its serial number, as officially updated can brick poorly region changed wii's that were originally Korean)

If you can't do an official update, hold reset when starting your console to access priiloader and temporarily disable priiloader hacks

Never try to dehack a wii, it can be more dangerous than rehacking the wii if u don't know what you're doing.

Themes that work on 4.3 will generally also work on any 4.x system menu, u just need to build the csm file using the my file plus the appropriate app file for your system menu version. Opening a mym with modmii can help u convert it to a csm for your specific system menu version pretty easily.
Thanks for tour answer,

No worries about dehack , i know Jow to do it correctly.
The theme i Walt to install isn’t annofficial, and the guy who do it tell me i risk to brick my wii, thart’s why i would like to update to 4.3. Are you really sure it will work (i have saved my nand i case of brick)

«
, u just need to build the csm file using the my file plus the appropriate app file for your system menu version. Opening a mym with modmii can help u convert it to a csm for your specific system menu version pretty easily.
Can you explain me in details how to do, because i don’t really understand and never did it!
Thank you so much

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Double check and make sure you have priiloader installed in your wii, then even if your theme fails u can recover easily without having to even use bootmii or nand by reinstall the stock theme for your system menu version.

Drag and drop your mym file onto modmii.exe and can create a csm for your system menu version

Note that mymenuify mod is safe to use to install csm's on wii's, but can brick wii's with priiloader installed (at least currently) , csm installer works on both wii and vWii with priiloader installed or not

Julssmk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Double check and make sure you have priiloader installed in your wii, then even if your theme fails u can recover easily without having to even use bootmii or nand by reinstall the stock theme for your system menu version.

Drag and drop your mym file onto modmii.exe and can create a csm for your system menu version

Note that mymenuify mod is safe to use to install csm's on wii's, but can brick wii's with priiloader installed (at least currently) , csm installer works on both wii and vWii with priiloader installed or not

Ok!
I am trying to download modmii but my computer errase it, he believes it’s a virus..

Note that mymenuify mod is safe to use to install csm's on wii's, but can brick wii's with priiloader installed (at least currently) , csm installer works on both wii and vWii with priiloader installed or

i think i understand the drag procedure.
But i only havé the .csm, not the mym. What is it?

I am trying to download modmii but my computer errase it, he believes it’s a virus..

But i only havé the .csm, not the mym. What is it?
Ok, i understand that i have to convert my csm in mym, but i don’t know how to do it

Attachments

• IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 5
Last edited by Julssmk,

Julssmk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Modmii cannot convert csm to mym, just the other way around. But it u grab theme mii from Modmii's download page 2, it can convert both ways
I’m trying to download theme mi iwith modmii page 2, but don’t really understand how it works.. :(

Modmii cannot convert csm to mym, just the other way around. But it u grab theme mii from Modmii's download page 2, it can convert both ways
Ok i finally download directly themeMii app. You told me it can convert my custom csm to mym, that’s right?
Could you please tell me how i do it in thememii, ans what y havé to do after that?
I would be very very grateful to you if i managed to install this beautifull theme

I’m trying to download theme mi iwith modmii page 2, but don’t really understand how it works.. :(

Ok i finally download directly themeMii app. You told me it can convert my custom csm to mym, that’s right?
Could you please tell me how i do it in thememii, ans what y havé to do after that?
I would be very very grateful to you if i managed to install this beautifull theme
EDIT :

Ok, i have created a mym with the csm i would like to have on my wii. But now, how can i recreate a csm who will working for my 4.2?

EDIT :

Ok, i have created a mym with the csm i would like to have on my wii. But now, how can i recreate a csm who will working for my 4.2?
EDIT:
I finally find the way alone, but thanks you so much for your help!

Last edited by Julssmk,
Reactions: The Real Jdbye

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto