Tripp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
admiralsfan said:
So all I have to do is run this and then my Wii will be safely updated to 4.3? Is there anything else I need to do?

You need to use the 4.3b Not 4.3 it had a bug.

http://gbatemp.net/t236870-firmware-updater-4-3b?

Edit........

I have not used it yet so I can't personally tell you if it is safe.

Dante Wolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap I might actually need this... I just realised my Wii Speak stopped working and is asking for an update
dry.gif

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question not to sure if was answered here because i got tired of reading.i read something on this thread itself that this firmware updater doesn't work on 4.3 itself.if that is the case than 4.3 to me isn't fully hacked into yet.i'm still on 4.2U and probably won't bother using this like others. i'll probably wait till i see a 4.3 safe update like the one i used to get to 4.2U.i forgot who made that update,i think it was someone from team twizzer but i'm not to sure.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I have used Waninkoko's installers in the past (eg. 4.2 updater) but I see no reason to use this one! Hopefully when a game comes out that has the 4.3 update in the disc my preloader will stop it from showing and be able to play it anyway!

dave88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, Will this affect Wiconnect24 and make it so that the updates are automatic if turned on? (I'm on 3.2 and updates aren't automaitic, so I hear)

- Will this allow new original games to not ask for an update? and boot from the WiiDisc channel

- Will this help with Wiispeak working?

thanks to yall

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Updates are not automatic though sometimes you need to turn the power off the Wii so as not to accpet an update!

My Australian 4.2 E Wii (like yours) can fully use Wii Speak, Play online and use the shop channel!

With Priiloader I have blocked disk updates and online updates so no need to worry about either!

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just updated from 4.1E to this 4.3E using this Waninkokos updater. I now notice it says 4.3E Wan, now i guess the wan is for his name, but why hashe added this at the end now, i would just prefer it to read 4.3E and not 4.3E Wan, any way to change this? Also ideally should you patch the system menu when you are given the option or not, as i selected not to patch it, as i didnt know what it did, what does it actually patch?

dave88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
luminalace said:
Updates are not automatic though sometimes you need to turn the power off the Wii so as not to accpet an update!

My Australian 4.2 E Wii (like yours) can fully use Wii Speak, Play online and use the shop channel!

With Priiloader I have blocked disk updates and online updates so no need to worry about either!

if you need to turn off the power doesn't that kinda make it automatic?
I know some functions in games require you tu have Wiconnect24 turned on so I don't want to have the updates automatic, will this update keep that function of not automaticly updating?

Will this update allow you to use new original games from the Disc Channel (without asking for an update)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.