Hacking Waninkoko prepares Firmware Updater 4.2

PagaN

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Firmware Updater 4.2 not working
always get Downloading content ERRORZ! (ret = -1)
on downloading IOS9 or System Menu...
frown.gif

wii free block 1200
sd free block 1300

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
PagaN said:
Firmware Updater 4.2 not working
always get Downloading content ERRORZ! (ret = -1)
on downloading IOS9 or System Menu...
frown.gif

wii free block 1200
sd free block 1300

Are you doing a network instalation or wad instalation?
If its network intalation check your network settings, if they are ok.
If its a WAD instalation make sure you have all necessary files within the SD
IF neither, check if you have the necessary blocks availlable in your wii.

poppy11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sketter said:
uummm.... is anyones HBC upside down?

I did HBC update then ran wink update. After restart when i go into HBC it's upside down...
QUOTE(ConJ @ Oct 1 2009, 01:38 AM) I got this wierd thing going on aswell.

What ecactly do I need to do to solve it?

It's Team Twiizers attempt to do a Nintendo and go after pirates. If HBC detects you have cIOSCorp installed then it will display upside down to annoy you. Marcan can be a real a$s sometimes.

See full discussion here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181183

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
poppy11 said:
Sketter said:

I did HBC update then ran wink update. After restart when i go into HBC it's upside down...

It's Team Twiizers attempt to do a Nintendo and go after pirates. If HBC detects you have cIOSCorp installed then it will display upside down to annoy you. Marcan can be a real a$s sometimes.

And a effective sollution is on his way?
Or is there allready 1?

ketufe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Why put nothing more yourselves on your blog Waninkoko
This hack comes many of you?

Thank you for your answer

Thank you for your answer

loulou.jpg

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
milcoi said:
poppy11 said:
Sketter said:

And a effective sollution is on his way?
Or is there allready 1?

currently on 4.1, currently have Cioscorp installed, I then installed the new hackmii installer. everything went fine, HBC is the new version and is NOT inverted, all normal.

Is it something to do with the 4.2 update that inverts the HBC?

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I installed 4.2E with it, but it seems that I can't use my Homebrew Channel again, now.

I installed 1.0.5 before I updated with the Firmare Updater 4.2, but I try to start it, I'm just getting a black screen. Other channels like my USBLoader Channel are working great.

What's the problem there and, how to fix it?

I hope someone could help me ;(

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnzoDextro said:
If i run the Updater on a WII that already has the 4.2 menu, it fixes the WII so i can run USB Loader GX?

No. The Nintendo update deleted IOS249. Waninkoko's 4.2 updater will not replace it.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
currently on 4.1, currently have Cioscorp installed, I then installed the new hackmii installer. everything went fine, HBC is the new version and is NOT inverted, all normal.

No. It's an "easter egg". If you have a patched IOS61, the HBC will display upside down. Twiizers did this on purpose, as they want HBC to be run only on a clean IOS. If you install an unpatched IOS61, it will work normally. If you've got a cIOSCORPed IOS61, or a trucha-patched version, it will be upside down.

For those using cIOSCorp that want to update to the latest HBC, do this: Install a clean IOS36 for the installer, and a clean IOS61 (the majority of folks should already have an untouched 61 anyway). Run the Hackmii installer. After running the installer, you can go ahead and put back your patched IOS36 if you wish, but leave 61 clean (there's absolutely no reason at all for 61 to be patched anyway), and your all set.

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some findings i thought were worth reporting:
- my Wasabi Zero doesn't read Wii import backups anymore (GC import backups still OK)
The Disc just shows up as an invalid disc in the Disc Channel.
- No problem updating a USA Wii region changed to JPN.
Wanin 4.2 Updater installed 4.2J sucessfully and everything is working just fine.
Wanin updater installed the USA Wii Speak Channel, so of course it didn't even boot (as SM is 4.2J), I removed it with ATD.

I hope Wasabi can fix their firmware to re-allow Wii backups to work.
Report over
wink.gif

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
imapterodactyl said:
technom8t said:

No. It's an "easter egg". If you have a patched IOS61, the HBC will display upside down. Twiizers did this on purpose, as they want HBC to be run only on a clean IOS. If you install an unpatched IOS61, it will work normally. If you've got a cIOSCORPed IOS61, or a trucha-patched version, it will be upside down.

For those using cIOSCorp that want to update to the latest HBC, do this: Install a clean IOS36 for the installer, and a clean IOS61 (the majority of folks should already have an untouched 61 anyway). Run the Hackmii installer. After running the installer, you can go ahead and put back your patched IOS36 if you wish, but leave 61 clean (there's absolutely no reason at all for 61 to be patched anyway), and your all set.

Yes i agree mate, Cioscorp doesn't even come with a CIOS61, so i am struggling to understand why people do have a patched one? they wouldn't need it for anything.

Although it goes to show you that team Twiizer's aren't total Bas*****, after all they could have chosen a more popular untouched IOS that HBC would require.

i.e IOS56 - no one with Cioscorp would be able to play GH5 (one of the more popular games out there) and have a normal HBC channel at same time

wiabs1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, It seems like everyone is talking about the wii as if it already had software on it, what about if it never had any at all. Can someone please help and explain the new process when it is available for a old wii with 4.2 that has never been touched.

Thank you.

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wiabs1 said:
Hello, It seems like everyone is talking about the wii as if it already had software on it, what about if it never had any at all. Can someone please help and explain the new process when it is available for a old wii with 4.2 that has never been touched.

Thank you.

read..... it has been covered

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay