Wall Street Journal reports Nintendo will focus on peripherals for Switch, not hardware revisions

gggg.jpg

According to the Wall Street Journal, Nintendo won't be looking towards hardware revisions for the Switch, at least for a while. Sources close to the company state that Nintendo will instead opt to focus on making peripherals to draw in sales. The Switch is on track to have sold 17 million units by the end of March, a year after the console's launch. This report comes a month before the release of a peripheral for the Switch; the Nintendo Labo, which Nintendo plans for it to cater to a market that might not normally buy a Nintendo Switch. Additionally, the Wall Street Journal report claims that new peripherals that use the Switch's USB-C port are in the works, as well as new network features. In regards to a hardware revision of the Switch, the source says that this is unlikely, as Nintendo will be focusing on streamlining current manufacturing for the system.

:arrow: Source

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
From a company that often blatantly lied about their short term future I wouldnt trust anything like that.
Switch has a couple of problems that would definitely benefit from a hardware revision. And I'm sure there will be one this year.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
does it support bluetooth audio output yet ? it did not at launch, and I doubt it can be added by software upgrades...
Would be a nice addition. I bought myself a good bluetooth headset so it would be a shame if I had to go back to silly ear plugs.
But I guess if they aren't doing hardware upgrades, we aren't going to see this happen anytime soon :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ