Hardware Waiting for second version of 3DS?

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 13,298
  • Replies 110

Are you going to buy the launch 3DS or wait for the second version?

• Launch 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later Version

• Not going to get it at all

• Total voters
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Are you going to buy the launch-3DS or wait for the second version?
Game Boy Advance - June, 2001
Game Boy Advance SP - 2003
Game Boy Micro - September, 2005
2 years between the first two. Another 2 years after that.

Nintendo DS - November, 2004
Nintendo DS Lite - June, 2006
Nintendo DSi - April, 2009
2 years between the first two. 3 years after that.
Judging by that pattern it should be about 2 years before the next revision of the 3DS.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not gonna missing a whole year or more just to get a few extra features like

WEIGHS 33%less
has 2 cameras on inside TOO
and We took out ds compatibility to make it 10 percent slimmer

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ill get it on launch day if I have the money, I cant wait a whole year or more just for a few upgrades that usually end up removing features. If I really want the upgrade, ebgames usually has good deals to trade in your old console to get a new one.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
When the refresh comes out, I will decide between it and the launch (both will be selling for some time before all stocks drain out). Launch unit looks a bit ugly & cheap to me, to be honest (silver painted plastic in particular).

I have no pressing need to get the 3DS right away.
Especially if Nintendo actually learn about making it less square in the next release (easier to hold like the PSP 1000, 2000 and 3000-Series). And a removable battery without a screw. The time is now, Nintendo.

Oh and the inevitable price drop won't hurt too.
But really I have way too much to play on the DS and PSP as it is (both movies and games)

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Under normal circumstances, I would wait it out for the second model of the 3DS. The revisions are usually lighter and more durable than its predecessors. After seeing the flimsiness of the DS Phat at my friend's house, I waited for Nintendo's inevitable update to buy one. And sure enough, when I got my DS Lite, I was smaller, better designed, and less prone to breaking than the comparatively fragile and flimsy DS Phat.

But since the DS days, I think Nintendo has gotten much better at designing their products. They've vastly improved their design choices and techniques. Looking at the DS Phat and the DSi face-to-face, it's a wonder they were designed by the same company! So for this generation, I think I'll put my faith into Nintendo's design skill and go for the original 3DS.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Getting one at launch. I'm not gonna wait for a redesign that will operate the same exact way, plus, I don't think I could wait that long to play the games outside a demo unit in stores. Still have my original DSphat, and while it is worn out cosmetically, it still operates just the same as it did when I first got it. I'm also rather cautious with my stuff. I don't think I ever dropped my DS, and I rarely let others play it in a scenario that it could be dropped and such.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I won't wait for an second version, because i CAN'T wait for a second version to play the games on.
I also got a DS Phat, although i later got a DS Lite (because it broke, although that was my own damn fault because i always drop sh*t on the floor
tongue.gif
, I will be more carefull with the 3DS), but not a DSi.

So if the 3DS breaks, i will get the second version.
Else, I won't.
And if it's a 3DS lite, isn't the 3DS as big as the DS lite?
Won't that mean the Lite will be small as hell?
tongue.gif

D

Deleted_171835

OP
DryYoshi said:
You should add a ''I will get both'' option to the poll
smile.gif

Unless that counts as the ''Launch 3DS'' option.
That counts as the 'Launch 3DS' option.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Gonna get whichever model launches but may wait a while to see if the Red one comes out if Nintendo doesn't launch that color in the US which they probably won't. Either that or black, which I can at least count on (I mean if it was only that blue one I'm passing on getting one for a while but it won't be).

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get a DS Phat (although it looks cooler, IMO) due to cash issues, but there is no way in HELL I'm missing out on this. Getting one at launch, and that's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night