Wait a minute...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by kguy528, Oct 17, 2009.

Oct 17, 2009

Wait a minute... by kguy528 at 1:53 AM (1,250 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. kguy528
    OP

Newcomer kguy528 Member

United States
    You can emulate GBC/GB games without an extension for slot 2 with moonshell?

http://www.dwedit.org/gba/goombacolor.php

I use an r4, if I downloaded goomba color and loaded it through moonshell, would I be able to play GBC and GB games? Also, if anyone has done this before can you give me a quick tutorial? Thanks in advance

2. stab244

Member stab244 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You could play GB/GBC games without slot-2 anyways... The DS is powerful enough for that.

3. godzilla3456

Newcomer godzilla3456 Member

United States
    I have a DSTT and I downloaded LameBoy GB/GBC Emulator on it Without a slot 2 Extension and it works great!

4. Zowayix

Member Zowayix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You are using a DS right?

If so, then Lameboy is probably the best DS GB/GBC emulator out there.

http://lameboy.nutki.com/

Just stick your GB/GBC roms anywhere on your SD card, run Lameboy from your R4, then browse through the folders on your SD card to find your GB roms.

Also, your post sounds like you might have been thinking about running GBA games on a DS. Currently, the iPlayer is the only flashcard that can do this, since it has extra CPU power and a DS's processing power isn't high enough to run a GBA emulator directly.
    Without an iPlayer, a slot 2 flashcard of some sort is required to play GBA roms on a DS.

5. kguy528
    OP

Newcomer kguy528 Member

United States
    Stab...does that mean I don't even need lameboy or goomba color? I can just straight up load .gbc and .gb files?

Also Zowayix...thanks I'll try it out. Also, would I need to make a seperate folder for the lameboy or does the lameboy have to be on the root?

6. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Lameboy can be anywhere, but it searches for a "lameboy" ROM folder on the root. Best to make a lameboy folder and put ROMs there.

7. kguy528
    OP

Newcomer kguy528 Member

United States
    Thanks guys. I got it to work. I'm suprised by the lack of good GBC/GB games excluding pokemon. I only about 4 games here. If I have a R4SDHC, what matching slot-2 accessory do I need to emulate GBA games?

8. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    I'm playing Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages right now. One of the greatest GB/GBC games IMO.

9. bwillb

Member bwillb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    heh I just started that one up too [​IMG]

youve got pokemon, link's awakening, ages, oracles, mario land, final fantasy tactics, donkey kong... a lot of GB/GBC games have been remade into GBA or DS versions, but the originals are still good [​IMG]

10. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Dragon Warrior monster games are awesome,you should try those if you havn't already.....

11. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Wat.