Homebrew WAIO - WoodAllInOne

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I might be missing something simple. I want to get the latest loader working with Dscovered. I copied the the _rpg folder and files from the build folder, used the same _DS_MENU.DAT and akmenu4.nds, renamed woodr4.nds to akmenu.nds. If I turn it on it boots into Dscovered, choose a game and start it the Wood menu appears but it does not autoboot the game. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

I might be missing something simple. I want to get the latest loader working with Dscovered. I copied the the _rpg folder and files from the build folder, used the same _DS_MENU.DAT and akmenu4.nds, renamed woodr4.nds to akmenu.nds. If I turn it on it boots into Dscovered, choose a game and start it the Wood menu appears but it does not autoboot the game. Any ideas?

Cheers.
What is the latest version you have had working? I have not tried Xenon's 1.13 but 1.12 was working well with DScovered.

Just checked the two globalsetting.ini files and they look quite different. 1.13 appears to be missing:
resetInGame = 0autorunWithLastRom = 1

Try using the globalsettings.ini from the previous version you had working. (Assuming 1.12)

SkateMan_Spain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Xenon please friend would be very grateful if you answer me.

Sorry I will not be heavy, do not know if you've read my comment on the previous page do not want to be annoying.

Look at my card the game runs on all wood I've tried but the game does not exceed the black snapshot after creating the character, a bug may be identical to the Gold and Silver Edition (Black Screen) (But the ruling black screen in Gold and Silver was solved with a version of wood that you recommended to me).

I would like to know if there are possibilities to solve it or if there is no chance I will accept it but not stay with the doubt I would like to play with these new editions.

My card is a Christmas Edition SDHC R4 as I said on other occasions.

Thank you very much in advance.

Saludos!
yaynds.gif

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon , wheni put the files in th SD , and i try to open any nds file the screen freezes on "loading" , i use R4 Ultra .

1.12 version was worked but now the 1.13 no
frown.gif
, if is there an solution please ??

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SkateMan_Spain said:
Look at my card the game runs on all wood I've tried but the game does not exceed the black snapshot after creating the character, a bug may be identical to the Gold and Silver Edition (Black Screen) (But the ruling black screen in Gold and Silver was solved with a version of wood that you recommended to me).
Can you try WAIO 1.03?

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eosia said:
Xenon , wheni put the files in th SD , and i try to open any nds file the screen freezes on "loading" , i use R4 Ultra .

frown.gif
I cannot believe "1.12 worked on R4Ultra". R4Ultra is a AK2 clone, not R4.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

Cheers.
What is the latest version you have had working? I have not tried Xenon's 1.13 but 1.12 was working well with DScovered.

Just checked the two globalsetting.ini files and they look quite different. 1.13 appears to be missing:

Try using the globalsettings.ini from the previous version you had working. (Assuming 1.12)

Hunted down 1.12 but no luck copying over the globalsettings.ini. But 1.12 works fine, must be something with 1.13 that is stopping the rom from Auto booting via Dscovered.

Thanks anyway!!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Alright, I got WAIO installed and working on my Supercard DSonei, just how do I make it auto-boot? Also when I change the theme it give me an error, but still changes the theme, is there is fix for that?

SkateMan_Spain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Xenon thanks for your help.

I installed Waio 1.03 and now all my games can not start, start any game and is stuck on "loading" with yellow letters.

This card is the big shit xD, if it had not helped me get to play Gold and Silver has been burned or trashed.

Thanks for helping me you work is awesome!
grog.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dancemonkey said:
Mantis41 said:
dancemonkey said:
Hi,

Cheers.

Hunted down 1.12 but no luck copying over the globalsettings.ini. But 1.12 works fine, must be something with 1.13 that is stopping the rom from Auto booting via Dscovered.

Thanks anyway!!
Cool! 1.12 should work for most things. I don't use my R4 much as we now have a couple of Acekards and I enjoy having the extra storage space. The R4 is just kept as a backup now, just incase the dog desides to eat another flash cart, but that's another story.

I might dig out my R4 tomorrow and try DScovered with 1.13. I'll let you know how it goes.

supervenice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
supervenice said:
it works on r4sdhc but freezes when the C gear is being given to me.
Needs another anti-AP. Try DSTT extinfo 6.30.

i was given two questions by the scientist---i pick yes on the SECOND one and didnt freeze...same as when loading your save file-pick yes on the SECOND question about the c-gear

i'll try the DSTT extinfo 6.30

thanks btw.!!!

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenon++ said:
eosia said:

frown.gif
I cannot believe "1.12 worked on R4Ultra". R4Ultra is a AK2 clone, not R4.

yes really i have tried your version here of waio and its have worked with about all newest games
smile.gif
and now i prefer use the YSMenu because the WAIO sometimes say errors
smile.gif
for the moment i will wait here in your post to newest versions
tongue.gif

thank for your great job regards Salah

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
After a bit of time working on it, I now got WAIO working perfectly on Supercard DSone and DSone i

Step 1: Install YSmenu. There are millions of walkthroughs for this, so go find one and use that.

Step 2: Download WAIO and copy the waio.nds to another location, like on your desktop. Copy the _rpg folder into the root of your card from there.

Step 3: Download the DLDI patcher: here

Step 4: Copy the didl.dldi from the _dsone folder to the folder where you have DLDI patcher.

Step 5: Patch the waio.nds file

Step 6: Copy the waio.nds to the root of your card and rename it to ttmenu.dat. Now I mean copy the patched file, don't move it since it will be need later.

Step 7: Rename SCFW.SC to EOS.NDS (or anything with .NDS at the end) It can now be launched as a homebrew and work only using a Supercard DSone(i). If you try to launch it through another card it will not work.

Step 8: Download this file: here. All you need is the MSFORSC.NDS file from it. So just copy the MSFORSC.NDS file to the root of your card.

Step 9: Download and install MoonShell2Tools incl. Link Launcher: here. Go into the extlink folder in the moonshell2 folder and edit the inilink.ini making sure it is also in the proper location for the Ysmenu and Ysmenu.ini. (example: YSMenu=/YSMenu.nds
YSini=/ttmenu/ysmenu.ini)

Step 11: Now with the copy of the patched waio.nds copy that one into the root of your card and rename it to _DS_MENU.DAT
So you should have both TTMENU.DAT and _DS_MENU.DAT, both should just renamed version of the patched waio.nds.

Finally just safely remove you card and there you go, WAIO is now the primary firmware of your card and it should load roms through YSMenu.
The _DS_MENU.DAT file allows you to change your themes without it having an error.
Also the soft-rest isn't the same as WoodRPG (R+L+A+B+?). It uses the YSMenu soft-reset which is R+L+A+B+X+Y
EDIT: I should have added this along time ago, but I would like to credit Xenon++ for being a big help in making this walkthrough. If he didn't help me so much I would have never known to have dldi patched the waio.nds file and still would have been at stage one. So thanks Xenon++!
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!