Hacking Wad Manager 1.7 by waninkoko released

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to get the USB Nand emulation installation to work? I always get returned with a -101 error. But the wads install fine normally. I have a nand dump on the root of my device just as it says. CIOS19 installed, IOS250[38]-v65535 (rev19 of Waninkokos cIOS) = Stable IOS with the ability to install Wads, and hermes v5, IOS222 with IOS38 base, is my setup. Any ideas?

T

TheRealVisitor

wichoxp said:
For people asking... there ya go
mthrnitesmiley.gif
!...

WAD Manager v1.7 MOD:

Download it: [WAD Manager v1.7 MOD] (DOL compiled + channel installer + source code)

[ CHANGES 1.7 MOD ] :
- Background music removed (space saving).
- Changed start folder to "WAD".
- Changed (DIR) to (looks better in that way).

See ya
ph34r.gif
!

Tried this version, but my Wiimote looses sync after choosing cios249 as base for installation. The unmodded version works fine.

FW 4.2E, cIOS249r19.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
crwys said:
Does anyone know how to get the USB Nand emulation installation to work? I always get returned with a -101 error. But the wads install fine normally. I have a nand dump on the root of my device just as it says. CIOS19 installed, IOS250[38]-v65535 (rev19 of Waninkokos cIOS) = Stable IOS with the ability to install Wads, and hermes v5, IOS222 with IOS38 base, is my setup. Any ideas?
cIOS 18/19 has broken NAND emulation.
Use cIOS 14-17 (I recommend 17)

harveychan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a 1.7.wad file posted a few post up...with source dol and channel included maybe thats what he wanted to know.. any ways apps folder on the root on ur sd card.. then in the apps folder make another folder named wadmanager add the dol to the wadmanager folder rename the .dol to boot.dol then go to hbc and it should show up

mujde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed about 7 wads to wii channels. The first few boot up fine but the rest dont. When I try to start up some of the last virtual console game installed, it kicks me back to the wii channel screen. What did I do wrong?

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mujde said:
I have installed about 7 wads to wii channels. The first few boot up fine but the rest dont. When I try to start up some of the last virtual console game installed, it kicks me back to the wii channel screen. What did I do wrong?
mind telling us what SM and cios you have installed first?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
MLRX said:
mujde said:
mind telling us what SM and cios you have installed first?

SM and cIOS wont matter most likely.

This problem happens most often when the Wiiware/VC requires an IOS you don't have.

Check the .wads in ShowMiiWads and a column will tell you what IOS those games require to work. Then use NUS downloader (or auto downloader) to get that IOS(s) and intsll them to your Wii. The problem games will now work.

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious, but is it possible to install WADs such as Wiiware and VC titles straight to the SD Card instead of the Wii System Menu? I hate having to install to the Wii Menu and then move them to the SD Card.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
I'm just curious, but is it possible to install WADs such as Wiiware and VC titles straight to the SD Card instead of the Wii System Menu? I hate having to install to the Wii Menu and then move them to the SD Card.

In theory it's possible but I've never saw a release of any code to do it the offcial way.

If you want to use SD or HDD to play Wiiware/VC then you should read up on Triiforce and SNEEK/UNEEK or uLoader.
If you use Triiforce for example you can install a huge batch of wads to your emulated NAND on your PC using ShowMiiWads, or for SNEEK etc.

tramcaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I have a problem. The WAD Manager 1.7 starts up and seems to be working, but when I'm asked to "Select NAND emulator device" my WiiMote just turns it self off! I have changed it to IOS250 to skip the NAND emulator device, but then the WiiMote turns itself off again on the select SD card screen. It wont turn on again before I reset the Wii...
hate2.gif
Anyone knows what I could do? Thanks.

DragonLord3688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem as tramcaro, I am very savvy with all this HBC and WAD's and stuff, however I am having a problem that I cannot seem to resolve by research. When asked to choose the IOS, I choose both 249 and 250 as some people have recommended. Whenever it gets to the next option, NAND emulation or source memory, my Wiimote cuts off and neither the power/reset buttons, or a GC controller do anything. I see a modded version by WiiNinja and the RAR file has a TON of files in there, .elf's .dol's and numerous other files compared to Wanin's simple single file...

So far I've not come across any error messages or problems in getting this far, I have a first gen wii. I have not downloaded nor installed any IOS's or something called CiOS or whatever it is. I've installed the homebrew channel with smash stack. I have backed up my NAND memory. And have now created the apps folder and WAD Manager folder and installed Wanin's file. Am I missing something? I AM ON 4.3 U.

Furthermore, I see some screenshots and people telling you to choose this or that option in Homebrew channel, and all I have under Homebrew is:

Back
About
Launch BootMii
Exit to System Menu
Shutdown

1.0.8 IOS58 v24.32

It looks NOTHING like I see in the videos, no Trucha Bug Restorer or anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay