:wacko: So I just got an Acekard2.1....now what.....

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Surexius, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Surexius
    OP

Newcomer Surexius Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Ok I'm gonna start by saying I'm not a complete moron only mostly there, as I had an R4 card previously, however I did just use it for games and no other nice functions.

1)Ok firstly which software should I use on it the offical ackard software or the other software (AKAIO).

2) Playing videos, reading documents, thats moonshell right? How does that work and where can I get it? I was looking for a tutorial on it on this site but couldn't seem to find it.

3) Do I need to convert my savegames on my R4 or will my savegames still work on the acekard (its similar to the R4 right?)

4) I have an Edwin card on slot 2. Does this still work with the acekard or do I need some new software for it too work.

5) Is there any other useful software anyone would recomend. I also plan to try out some of these homebrew games which I couldnt play before any good ones out there?

Thanks in advance

Surexius

2. Surexius
    OP

Newcomer Surexius Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Should probaly say that Im not worried by space. I have 8gb and a 1gb card.

3. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    1) The AKAIO firmware is the best way to go in terms of firmware. It has better support (Bleach 2 finally works!) and more features than the official firmware. Assuming you don't have an AceKard2i, you can still use the official firmware from within AKAIO on a per-game basis.

2) http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/ for the last version of Moonshell2. It contains instructions on how to use it, and a video converter utility to make your videos compatible with your nds.

3) You don't need to convert your save games. But you need to check which save game extension is being used. Just make sure you're using the .sav extension rather than the .nds.sav extension.

4. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
    for 4) see 1).

the akaio loader has options for the erwin 2 in 1

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    be sure to read the akaio wiki (find a link in my sig). as for homebrew just start with the gbatemp homebrew download center. give stuff a try. i've had the most fun with quakeII, nesds, commander keen ds, lameboy, dsdoom, heritic ds, puzzle mania, pocket physics, world of sand, nitro tracker, .... and so much more.

i hope you have fun!

-another world