Homebrew [vWii] What happens if I replace the vWii system menu with the Wii System menu 4.3U?

LongDongSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard it could brick the vWii (and in some cases, the entire Wii U). I just want to know if it's safe to do or not. (Reason: cuz the Photo Channel and RiiConnect24 don't work on a regular vWii)
As far as I know you can't change the entire firmware so it works just like the original. but any themes or most ios modifications not made for vwii will brick

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
Photo Channel and RiiConnect24 don't have anything to do with the installed system menu.

But you can install the photo channel on the vWii:
  1. Grab the latest version of Sharpii
  2. Open a command prompt in the same folder and type the following:
Code:
sharpii.exe NUSD -id 0001000248415941 -wad -o .
followed by:
Code:
sharpii wad -e 0001000248415941v3.wad "Photo Channel 1.1 - VWFK - System Channel.wad" -id VWFK -ios 58 -type SystemChannels
These two commands will download the Photo Channel, assign it a new id (so that the image doesn't get stretched), patch it to use IOS 58 (since IOS61 doesn't exist in the vWii) and convert it to a system channel (or else the data management will freeze). Install the new WAD with a WAD manager.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
but then how can I get RiiConnect working
It's not working because of multiple reasons. First, you have to enable WC24 via a homebrew app since the Wii U has no WC24 standby functionality. Second, the RC24 team needs to create a new patch for vWii IOS 31 with their new RSA key. And third, the data needs to be modified specifically for the vWii, since f.e.the news channel needs another timestamp (for Wii it's "time since 2000", for vWii it's "time since 2012").

It IS possible though, RC24 showed it working on the Wii U. It's just annoying because you have to enable WC24 everytime you boot into the vWii. There is currently no PUBLIC method of doing this though.

2019GamersX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard it could brick the vWii (and in some cases, the entire Wii U). I just want to know if it's safe to do or not. (Reason: cuz the Photo Channel and RiiConnect24 don't work on a regular vWii)
I need to change the region to get japan characters in my mii name. Will AnyRegion Changer work on vWii? Mine just errors. Nothing else

alt1478

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DONT you can be at risk for a brick if you want a full wii menu buy a rvl-001 nintendo wii not wii u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated