Hacking vWii sneek

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I rename "0000000e.app" to "0000000e-TMP.app" and, even with the errors, it outputed the files. What should be the size of kernel_sd.bin?

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Last edited by shadoom,
Reactions: marcioap1

Xerrah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got this working on my Australian PAL Wii U, but as it turns out, I cannot play the vast majority of what I wish to play on it (Mario Kart, paper Mario, Wave race, Zelda:oot, etc) all are NTSC versions and all have horrible sound skipping. I'm assuming it's a 50hz/60hz issue so I was wondering if this can be fixed by forcing these games to run at 60hz? I had assumed they would run at 60hz anyway.

I have tried installing neek2o (rev96, beta 9.6, with the previous built kernels and wads) over the sneek I installed already, it seems to kill sneek. The loading screen freezes at "patching Es module... Done", and I can no longer boot sneek through the homebrew channel.

I have been wondering if it would be possible to use Nus Downloader to download an NTSC nand and use that, but so far my attempts at this have come to naught.

Really rather upset with nintendo for sticking us PAL region peasants with vastly inferior versions of classic games. And even trying to use the correct 60hz versions on our butchered 50hz consoles (which I might add do not even output 50hz...) creates more issues than it solves.

Another ides strikes me as well, using files from the nus Downloader, would it be possible to convert a wii nand dump to work with vWii?

Really hoping someone has a solution to this, I'd love to have some working N64 games running at 60hz, in 4:3 on my wii U. But alas it just seems to good to be true at this point.

Last edited by Xerrah,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any way to put this up on Wii and on vWii in order to have one USB Drive where a nand with all my Wii savegames is on?
I've got a Wii U here and we Wii at my girlfriend. I just would need to take the HDD with me to have Miis, Saves and Games here and there. Is that possible?
(please quote me when answering)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii and vWii NAND are different (so are the emuNAND).
you should use two different dumps, and therefore the savegames will be stored on different path, so you can't share the same savegame.

Another thing you can't share is the kernel, it requires a different kernel to boot neek whether you are on Wii or WiiU, so the /sneek/ folder can't contain both kernels.
It's possible to load different kernels on the same device by using a different path than /sneek/, but it's currently not available in USBLoaderGX. I tried it, it worked, but added an additional complexity in the setup which is not a good idea for the end user.

Even if you could boot different kernel from the same device, you would still need two different emuNAND dump, so it defeat your purpose to share the same saves across different consoles.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii and vWii NAND are different (so are the emuNAND).
you should use two different dumps, and therefore the savegames will be stored on different path, so you can't share the same savegame.

Another thing you can't share is the kernel, it requires a different kernel to boot neek whether you are on Wii or WiiU, so the /sneek/ folder can't contain both kernels.
It's possible to load different kernels on the same device by using a different path than /sneek/, but it's currently not available in USBLoaderGX. I tried it, it worked, but added an additional complexity in the setup which is not a good idea for the end user.

Even if you could boot different kernel from the same device, you would still need two different emuNAND dump, so it defeat your purpose to share the same saves across different consoles.
Thanks for that quick respond, Cyan.
So I guess Wii Savegame Manager GX will be my only (unhandy) chance then. Sadly. :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's maybe easier to just play the same game on the same console.
but yes, savegame manager works with emuNAND, or if you are on windows you can also use ShowMiiWad to export/import savegames.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's maybe easier to just play the same game on the same console.
Maybe but I'd like to play Zelda on the first console, continue it on the second, then on the first again and so on.
but yes, savegame manager works with emuNAND, or if you are on windows you can also use ShowMiiWad to export/import savegames.
Thanks. :)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Cyan: Another solution came to my mind. If I use cloud drives on both consoles (I just mean hard drives which are connected to the console via usb but as well to the router via ethernet) I could just use my Raspberry Pi to sync only the folders in both hard drive's nand folders which are containing the Miis and the savegames. I think just these two things should be compatible between Wii and vWii, am I right?

If yes, would you (or anyone here) be so kind to tell me which folders I'd need to sync for that?

Edit: Or if I just can set path for emunand to hard drive BUT paths for Miis and savegames to SD card. That would be the cheapest and best solution ever.

Last edited by lordelan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you launch a channel, you can't redirect the savegame to another path. unless you rewrite the full sources of neek or cIOS.

The saves are stores in
/title/ folder, same as the channel data.
What you want to do is complicated and not intended to work like that.
You better use a savegame manager (GX or Showmiiwad), or only use one console per game. don't switch console every two minutes.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you launch a channel, you can't redirect the savegame to another path. unless you rewrite the full sources of neek or cIOS.

The saves are stores in
/title/ folder, same as the channel data.
What you want to do is complicated and not intended to work like that.
You better use a savegame manager (GX or Showmiiwad), or only use one console per game. don't switch console every two minutes.
I'm using the Wii U/vWii from monday to friday and the Wii from friday to sunday. Every week (almost). So I'm a special case maybe but however. It seems that the only rescue would be if the developer would add a "one click to cloud" option (Dropbox, Gdrive, Onedrive, MEGA, whatever) to Savegame Manager GX. That'd solve everything.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cloud savegame is a good idea, but would require a server to host saves.
unless any developers can connect the dropbox or other cloud plateforms and wii homebrew can use it.
I never used a cloud server so I don't know the requirements or how it works to sync files between devices.

There's not a lot of developers left on Wii, I think SavegameManagerGX is still active.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cloud savegame is a good idea, but would require a server to host saves.
unless any developers can connect the dropbox or other cloud plateforms and wii homebrew can use it.
I never used a cloud server so I don't know the requirements or how it works to sync files between devices.

There's not a lot of developers left on Wii, I think SavegameManagerGX is still active.
It's not that hard to implement as far as I know. You request access to Dropbox or Google Drive by an API call. No need to run a server process or anything. You just push local files (like savegames) to a cloud storage. Nothing but a simple upload.
I'll try to contact the Savegame Manager GX developer if he's still active.

Edit: Mmh it seems there's no way to contact him (Tantric) because it's only hosted on Google Code and you can't create new issues there.

Last edited by lordelan,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
or if you are on windows you can also use ShowMiiWad to export/import savegames.
How exactly do you do that? I wanted to take all the savegames from one HDD to the other. Savegame Manager GX randomly hangs at the "save all" process.
I put in NAND patch in ShowMiiWads but there's no savegame import/export feature.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Screenshot_1.png

back up and instal, i beleive.

but with sneek you can just grab the folder the saves in and paste it in the next nand as long as you know the source and destination path

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?