Homebrew Question VPN Recommendations for Switch Games + Other method besides 90NDS

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mullvad works but in my own experience you can get wildly varying speeds depending on where you connect from.

I have to look into this

Does IP Vanish have a refund policy?
Give PIA a try, Linus Tech Tips picked them as sponsor among like a dozen others, that has to mean something. They have a 2 week money back guarantee so you can get a refund if you're not happy with it :)
I tried them once, but they don't bypass Prime Video geolocking, which was what I needed, so I got a refund. The speed seemed fine though.

I think they do I have to check but on a side note does only using torrents give you the DMCA warning ? I mean I been sourcing things through the net and I never got that until I used a torrent. I been using IP vanish for the last 3 days the DL speeds are not.good but I haven't received any notices from my internet provider

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have to look into this

I think they do I have to check but on a side note does only using torrents give you the DMCA warning ? I mean I been sourcing things through the net and I never got that until I used a torrent. I been using IP vanish for the last 3 days the DL speeds are not.good but I haven't received any notices from my internet provider
It mostly happens with torrents, because anyone can see who is leeching or seeding by checking the tracker, then all it takes is an email to your ISP.
Not so easy with file hosts, they'd have to actually get control over the servers to see who is downloading, so instead they just send DMCA takedown requests to the host and files get taken down pretty quickly.

The234sharingan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep telling my self I won't use torrents to download stuff anymore unless it's from a private tracker. Against my better judgment, I downloaded a game got a letter a few days later.

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It mostly happens with torrents, because anyone can see who is leeching or seeding by checking the tracker, then all it takes is an email to your ISP.
Not so easy with file hosts, they'd have to actually get control over the servers to see who is downloading, so instead they just send DMCA takedown requests to the host and files get taken down pretty quickly.

Yeah I had only noticed with the torrents.

I keep telling my self I won't use torrents to download stuff anymore unless it's from a private tracker. Against my better judgment, I downloaded a game got a letter a few days later.

Use a VPN for torrents although the speeds are not good

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use NordVPN here also, but I rarely torrent, only used it when I need to. As for Switch game go for those forums that allow sharing, you can get like a 1fichier account to direct download as some host use 1fichier. Can download a 30GB game with 1fichier for about one hour so aint too bad.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Torrentleech and utorrent forced encryption both directions never had an issue . The vpn I use believe it or not is only to allow me play COD modern warfare. Both my son and I cannot connect to the servers of this game using virgin media broadband . I fire up vpn on my pc share its connection to playstation and we are off to the races . Called virgin numerous times to tell them my wireshark capture clearly shows that the ISP is closing server side ephemeral port requests . Total silence from them on the call lol. Vpn was my only solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1