Power Button Stopped(ish...) working in Atmosphere.

sabin1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nfohump.com
XP
Country
Norway
This is the weirdest bug I've seen yet, and it's stumping me big time. I'm on FW17.0.1 using AMS 1.6.2, direct on NAND (banned Switch v1, don't care about EmuNAND) -- and I've never had any issues. Works like a charm daily! I recently updated my NX plugins and afterwards my power button has stopped working :/ It worked perfectly right up until it didn't, as I use it exclusively for popping Switch into sleep mode.

It won't wake the Switch, it won't Sleep the Switch, but! It does reboot the Switch if I force a CFW error (that Atmosphere BSOD that tells you an app/etc has caused an error and to press POWER to reboot normally, or VOL to reboot to payload) so I know the button physically works. It just doesn't work in AMS for pretty much anything... doesn't shut the Switch down if I hold it for eleventh billion seconds either.

Does anyone have any bloody idea why POWER no longer works for me inside Atmosphere? It's driving me nuts and also kinda worrying as I use AutoRCM and don't want to potentially prevent powering on.

Thanks very much for any insight!

Oh plugins... these are the ones I updated yesterday;

*SaltyNX.
*Tesla Menu.
*NX-Ovlloader.
*sysclk.

These are existing ones i didn't update;

*MissionControl.
*syscon.
*Edizon.
*ReverseNX.
*FPSlocker.
*Status Monitor.
*fastCFWswitch.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Probably one of your plugins/modules that is misbehaving.
It could be updating 1 module that caused problem for the other module.
Note that some of these modules override system modules.
Just disable everything and re-enable one by one to see which is causing problems.

Reactions: sabin1981

sabin1981

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nfohump.com
XP
Country
Norway
Probably one of your plugins/modules that is misbehaving.
It could be updating 1 module that caused problem for the other module.
Note that some of these modules override system modules.
Just disable everything and re-enable one by one to see which is causing problems.
Thank you very much for the advice, I'll give it a try -- but.. ummm.. how do you disable plugins without actually deleting them? Thanks again!

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by josete2k,

Bazzaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I had the same issue. I just assumed it was a hardware issue and just dealt with it. Some time after, I was having update issues that resulted in me setting up my SD card again with a fresh Atmosphere and the power button randomly started working again. I have had no issues with the power button since. I also have all my mods and plugins back working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :rofl2: