Homebrew Question VPN Recommendations for Switch Games + Other method besides 90NDS

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so I was finally finished with the drama from the pirate shop constant being shut down and constantly changing the website settings to make it work I had went down another route. I like the route I'm taking now for my switch games since in the event I have to reset my system I have the backups there. Problem I had received DMCA notice from my IP provider. Can anyone provide me with a good VPN ? I normally use thunder vpn but sometimes it shuts off randomly which resulted in me getting the notice. I dont want to be in the spot light so I wanted to know what VPN services and how effective are they for your needs.

Another question I'm running Atmosphere and I notice the Incognito doesnt work on Atmosphere anymore I'm using the 90NDS method but I want something more bulletproof.... I was told something about an Incognito RCM is that the only thing that is available? Im not a fam of autorcm.

Reactions: Sachka

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incognito_RCM will prevent your Switch from being banned, and it doesn't require the use of AutoRCM. The "RCM" part of the name means it's installed from an RCM payload.

However, this is all irrelevant to DMCA notices. As for your DMCA notice, what was it that resulted in receiving it? It is unlikely that you will be sent a DMCA notice from using HBG and/or JITS. DMCA notices are usually given out because you were caught downloading something over torrents that you shouldn't have been downloading over torrents.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks so the one that Blwair (or however you call him) you cant use the regular nro right? I noticed he took it down
The original nro exists, but Incognito_RCM is more convenient. The end result is exactly the same, regardless of which version of Incognito you're using.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Incognito_RCM will prevent your Switch from being banned, and it doesn't require the use of AutoRCM. The "RCM" part of the name means it's installed from an RCM payload.

However, this is all irrelevant to DMCA notices. As for your DMCA notice, what was it that resulted in receiving it? It is unlikely that you will be sent a DMCA notice from using HBG and/or JITS. DMCA notices are usually given out because you were caught downloading something over torrents that you shouldn't have been downloading over torrents.

The original nro exists, but Incognito_RCM is more convenient. The end result is exactly the same, regardless of which version of Incognito you're using.

So JITS doesn't use torrents? Well that's good news! Do you know what source they use? :)

Hey guys so I was finally finished with the drama from the pirate shop constant being shut down and constantly changing the website settings to make it work I had went down another route. I like the route I'm taking now for my switch games since in the event I have to reset my system I have the backups there. Problem I had received DMCA notice from my IP provider. Can anyone provide me with a good VPN ? I normally use thunder vpn but sometimes it shuts off randomly which resulted in me getting the notice. I dont want to be in the spot light so I wanted to know what VPN services and how effective are they for your needs.

Another question I'm running Atmosphere and I notice the Incognito doesnt work on Atmosphere anymore I'm using the 90NDS method but I want something more bulletproof.... I was told something about an Incognito RCM is that the only thing that is available? Im not a fam of autorcm.

I have NordVPN... Works pretty good. No issues or random shuts off so far! I have been using it for about 1 year now :)

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes torrents and yes I never got it through the shops. I honestly got tired of the pirate shop always getting shut down almost every week and then reconfigiring it to work. I actually had the chance to talk to the developers and asked him why do this shop always get shut down vs the hbg that never gets shut down. I heard it was through a dispute and etc..etc.. but it wasnt consistent which led me.to the torrent route.

I had a free vpn that I normally do my dirty browsing activities on but it had shut off when I was sleeping. That's when my IP provider sent me the warning. I have IP vanish so hopefully that will be good

Do you know where I can find the Incognito NRO? I used to have it but I deleted it by mistake I try to avoid payloads because last night I had made a mistake a installed the wrong payload and I had to reinstall the CFW to get it up and running again. Each time I search for it... I'm redirected to bwairs page and it no longer exists

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So JITS doesn't use torrents? Well that's good news! Do you know what source they use? :)

I have NordVPN... Works pretty good. No issues or random shuts off so far! I have been using it for about 1 year now :)
Yes torrents and yes I never got it through the shops. I honestly got tired of the pirate shop always getting shut down almost every week and then reconfigiring it to work. I actually had the chance to talk to the developers and asked him why do this shop always get shut down vs the hbg that never gets shut down. I heard it was through a dispute and etc..etc.. but it wasnt consistent which led me.to the torrent route.

I had a free vpn that I normally do my dirty browsing activities on but it had shut off when I was sleeping. That's when my IP provider sent me the warning. I have IP vanish so hopefully that will be good

Do you know where I can find the Incognito NRO? I used to have it but I deleted it by mistake I try to avoid payloads because last night I had made a mistake a installed the wrong payload and I had to reinstall the CFW to get it up and running again. Each time I search for it... I'm redirected to bwairs page and it no longer exists
HBG and JITS both use Google Drive to host their files, if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Naxster

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just bought IP vanish I heard good things about it I'm just not trying to get caught with my pants down again. I Used to prefer using the shops but unfortunately it isnt consistant enough also if I need to hard reset my switch I wont lose everything.

My #1 Biggest issue with the pirate shop is that the Dev delist the shop and make you configure it weekly with a new url. I can see if it was Nintendo putting pressure but it wasnt them because if it was then the HBG shop would be shut down but it is always up. I just forsee the shops are not the future and eventually they will get shutdown just like the 3dsfreeshop was which is why I I rather get a concrete source than rely on a shop

Last edited by Goku1992A,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought IP vanish I heard good things about it I'm just not trying to get caught with my pants down again. I Used to prefer using the shops but unfortunately it isnt consistant enough also if I need to hard reset my switch I wont lose everything.

My #1 Biggest issue with the pirate shop is that the Dev delist the shop and make you configure it weekly with a new url. I can see if it was Nintendo putting pressure but it wasnt them because if it was then the HBG shop would be shut down but it is always up. I just forsee the shops are not the future and eventually they will get shutdown just like the 3dsfreeshop was which is why I I rather get a concrete source than rely on a shop
HBG and JITS don't "change weekly."

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

IP Vanish is also good! But as @Lacius wrote, since JITS/HBG shop is using Google Drive, I honestly don't think you got your DMCA notice from there.... You must have been downloading something else (maybe a few torrents?) In order for your ISP to react the way they did.

D

Deleted User

Incognito RCM

Grab tinfoil latest

Use jack n da shop jits settings

vpn not needed for this

Been up for months no quottas

Last edited by ,
Reactions: peteruk

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBG and JITS don't "change weekly."
In the past they used to delist the games weekly

IP Vanish is also good! But as @Lacius wrote, since JITS/HBG shop is using Google Drive, I honestly don't think you got your DMCA notice from there.... You must have been downloading something else (maybe a few torrents?) In order for your ISP to react the way they did.

Yes I never got the DMCA from the shops I did receive it from the torrents
Incognito RCM

Grab tinfoil latest

Use jack n da shop jits settings

vpn not needed for this

Been up for months no quottas

I actually do have the latest Jack in the shop installed I just prefer having the backup on hand just incase I need to baptize my switch to cleanse all the unholiness off of it.

I.just find it ironic I downloaded 1TB (yes a terabyte) in 10 days from my other source for computer games and they said nothing I guess anything torrent related gets autoflagged

An update on IP Vanish it seems to work unfortunately the DL speeds are horrendous 2mbps maximum I'm getting from my 600mbps internet

Last edited by Goku1992A,

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Dunno if anyone mentioned it but some of the top 10 providers offer a kill switch feature so that if the vpn drops no DNS leak occurs and your said chosen data propagation tool also gets the chop the instant the connection drops. I use private VPN as one of the nodes is in a datacenter very near me . Zero log is horse shit if buying from an EU provider as per GDPR.

Forgot to say that whatever app you are using should have end to end enforced encryption which would also middle finger the ISP.

Last edited by DaveLister,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Private Internet Access perhaps?

Goku1992A

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently bought IP Vanish for $10 a month just to try it out. I mean it works but the DL speed is 2gb max.

Does Igcognito mode in chrome works good with downloads

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The free VPN I had 5 to 15 mbps

Sorry it was mb not GB
Does IP Vanish have a refund policy?
Give PIA a try, Linus Tech Tips picked them as sponsor among like a dozen others, that has to mean something. They have a 2 week money back guarantee so you can get a refund if you're not happy with it :)
I tried them once, but they don't bypass Prime Video geolocking, which was what I needed, so I got a refund. The speed seemed fine though.

D

Deleted User

Mullvad is a fantastic VPN, it is actually one of the few VPN Providers to have been externally audited by multiple Cyber Security Firms & passed with flying colors. Ideally you would pay with bitcoin but if not, paypal is still an option. One of the best things about their website is that the method of signing up makes it virtually impossible to leave a trail behind (There are no usernames/Passwords, you simply get assigned a randomly generated token ID at the push of the sign up button which does not require you provide any personal information to receive).

For more information about why I suggested Mullvad (And if you want other Privacy related tools/advice in general) this is a really good resource for you https://www.privacytools.io/providers/vpn/

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Mullvad is a fantastic VPN, it is actually one of the few VPN Providers to have been externally audited by multiple Cyber Security Firms & passed with flying colors. Ideally you would pay with bitcoin but if not, paypal is still an option. One of the best things about their website is that the method of signing up makes it virtually impossible to leave a trail behind (There are no usernames/Passwords, you simply get assigned a randomly generated token ID at the push of the sign up button which does not require you provide any personal information to receive).

For more information about why I suggested Mullvad (And if you want other Privacy related tools/advice in general) this is a really good resource for you https://www.privacytools.io/providers/vpn/
Mullvad works but in my own experience you can get wildly varying speeds depending on where you connect from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/