Hacking Vc wad ret-1

Vincom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm pretty much not a noob but I did everything to fix it. I did tbr but I still get ret-1 by installing vc wad. The only gf wad I could install was Yoish Story. The game I'm trying to install from wad is Mario golf and tennis. Do i need a ios to install vc wad????

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how to install a wad: make sure you have d2x 24956. if not yuou can get it from modmii a pc program. in multi mod manager reload to ios 249. and install you wads.
this has been a non-illegal guide on how to install wads.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='Luigi2011SM64'],
I realize it's tough to not answer questions when you know the answer. Even I had to force myself to be vague in my initial response... but I'd appreciate it you didn't help people pirate... especially recommending they use my program to help them do so. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are pirates that use ModMii (same as there are pirates who use the HBC or usbloaders), but I'd prefer to avoid helping them pirate... I'd rather let them brick their Wii's trying to figure out how to pirate rather than help them use my program.

Since you already answered the OPs question, this is more of a "for future reference" request, and if you don't want to heed my suggestion, well... there's nothing I can do about it, lol. But yea, since the answer is already posted, I may as well clarify that you don't necessarily need a d2x cIOS, any patched IOS should do.

Reactions: 2 people

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
If you dont know how to pirate - You have no buisness doing so.

edit: I understand how you feel XFlak :) I'd probably feel the same way if I had made something similar to ModMii (or just a plain guide, whatever, you know what I mean)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You can click XFlak's signature, download the program, and...XFlak can help you with the rest.

Thanks for that *sarcasm*... he's now asking for my help in PMs when I already said:

VC WADs = piracy, so you aren't going to get much help here

Did you even read my other posts above? What makes you think I want to help this person pirate? If you want to help someone pirate I can't stop you, but if you help obvious pirates in public forum's (especially if you recommend my program to them) I can sure as hell make you look like a tool for doing so.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
are you installing it with a wad manger?
How else would someone "install a vc wad" (from first post)?

I'd flame you for trying to help someone pirate, but that's letting you off too easy. Instead of I'm going to sick the king of flames on you....

@DeadlyFoez... get him! :P

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VC WADs = piracy, so you aren't going to get much help here
I don't know what the demo system is like on the Wii Shop Channel (since I couldn't care less about WiiWare/VC), but I've always been a firm believer in being able try before you buy. Just sayin'.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChillLax i was kidding around of course i was joking around can't a guy joke once in a while to help a lame pirate... (even through i'm lamer...)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm pretty much not a noob but I did everything to fix it. I did tbr but I still get ret-1 by installing vc wad. The only gf wad I could install was Yoish Story. The game I'm trying to install from wad is Mario golf and tennis. Do i need a ios to install vc wad????
ret-1 = your a retard for trying to pirate.
next will be a ret-2, an that stands for, this is your second attempt
if there is a ret-3.= 3 strikes an it bricks.
@ xflax, i wish there was a way for you to add a code line in for ass wipes like this, that displays deadly's pic. with certain words.lol
shit my kid are scared as hell when they see his profile pic.(my 7yr old), when i'm on.(daddy he's the devil).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? so can i open a pack of smokes to make sure i like the way they burn an taste? or how bout my liquor. take a sip then say" this taste like shit" then not buy it.
I was referring mainly to digital items. If I wanted to, I think it's okay for me to pirate a Wii game with every intention of buying it if I like it and want to continue playing it, and not buying it if it's super lame and I don't want to play it anymore. Nintendo hasn't lost any money committing resources to my "demo," and I'm able to make an informed decision.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ xflax, i wish there was a way for you to add a code line in for ass wipes like this, that displays deadly's pic. with certain words.lol
shit my kid are scared as hell when they see his profile pic.(my 7yr old), when i'm on.(daddy he's the devil).
lol, just imagine how Foez's own kids feel, they have to look at that face every day ;)

But seriously, there is a lot of shit I could do with ModMii, but just cuz I can doesn't make it a good idea. Hell, I could have it ask a question "do you want to be able to play games you've downloaded off the internet?" (similar to the original IOS236 installer), then if users answer yes, I can show Foez's pic or w/e, have it write something to the registry or somewhere so the next time they try to start modmii it will load a pic of Foez calling them a filthy pirate. Hell, I could schedule a task so that every time their computer starts up it calls them a pirate even if they aren't trying to use ModMii anymore. I could even have it play a really loud\annoying pirate audio track. And unrelated to pirates, I could have modmii modify the windows hosts file and block websites with homebrew scams like this ones found HERE, or instead of blocking them I could have those sites redirect ppl to ModMii.zzl.org. Of course advanced windows users will be able to manually undo any of that, but your novice users will prolly be confused as fuck. But yea, I consider all that to be very intrusive and as much as I'd like to mess with pirates that's not something I would ever pursue.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm, I confess I dont know much about coding securely etc, but wouldnt pretty much all of what you wrote be detected by any decent virus/spyware program?

Anyway, I dont think its a bad thing ModMii "allows" you to run pirated stuff on the Wii. But it becomes a bad thing when people come crying for help to pirate. If you want to pirate - keep it to yourself, tyvm.
Actually I dont think its modmii's fault you can run pirated stuff. Its more down to the loaders. Blocking the pirate-part in modmii would also remove the ability to run your legit backups without the original disc in the drive.

tl;dr Dont ask for help with your damn warez.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fine i won't help... i was joking around has i said... sorry TC i can't help ya!! and i did admit i was a pirate in my blog but you know what?!? i don't give a flying muk!! LOL!!

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hm, I confess I dont know much about coding securely etc, but wouldnt pretty much all of what you wrote be detected by any decent virus/spyware program?
not really, I wrote a small password protected app for my mother in law to control her son's access to certain websites (things like youtube). It modifies the hosts file (which requires admin permissions) immediately or on a timer (to lock\unlocked websites), and also schedules tasks and so far no antivirus has had issues with it (according to virustotal.com). That being said, most email accounts filter emails with *.bat attachments as junk or potentially harmful, so generally they'd need to be shared by some other means (or using a different extension). Btw, I haven't extensively tested scanning different variations of batch files, so it's not impossible that some might be flagged as threats by some antiviruses... all I know is that the ones I've written and uploaded to virustotal are not considered "threats".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.