Hacking VBA Wii updated by emu_kidd

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say give it a few days to fix stuff Saving & Speeds etc. Give it a few days to fix up stuff and hopefully they should add an option menu to configure!

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrapperKeeperX said:
I'd say give it a few days to fix stuff Saving & Speeds etc. Give it a few days to fix up stuff and hopefully they should add an option menu to configure!

I was under the impression that this release was it, no more development.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like emu_kidid is done, but that doesn't mean no one else is gonna work on it. Also, is the source included? If so, it should be fairly easy to limit the FPS, I would think.

Gennie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, I actually haven't had any problems other than a bit faster speed... but seriously, no more problems other than that :wtf: I found it very stable..

Great work emu_kidid!

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gennie said:
Well, I actually haven't had any problems other than a bit faster speed... but seriously, no more problems other than that :wtf: I found it very stable..

Great work emu_kidid!

Same here! Other than being a little fast, it's great!

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
there is a Fix for it now

emu_kidid
Update:
I didn't anticipate that the Wii would run VBA so fast so in my initial release I had vsync disabled and frameskip was supposed to handle things. Anyway, please grab a updated build to fix the "too fast" issues. "noframeskip" version may run a little too slow but won't have speed-up/down moments and "frameksip" version should run pretty accurately. Also I fixed the saving and not being able to return to the game issue.

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Looks like emu_kidid is done, but that doesn't mean no one else is gonna work on it. Also, is the source included? If so, it should be fairly easy to limit the FPS, I would think.

I agree with the consensus: The emu does run a bit fast. Still, this is a great step forward. It's my hope that someone picks up where emu_kid left off and adds an FPS limiter that will slow down games and sync music.

EDIT:
Nice response time. The "no frame skip" fix is available here.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
soo,its now official

wii,the lean mean nintendo emulator machine

cause like every nintendo console is played on the wii,,,,except n64 but we still have vc for that and well wait for wii64

after weeks of whining i finally get the homebrew i've been waiting for

tnx emu_kidid

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have this working on NTSC-U since emu_kidd says its only PAL 60. Was looking foreward to it but that was a huge let down.

GamerzInc

Trophies
XP
Country
Is that what I've been experiencing then? I'm on an NTSC-U machine and I keep ending up at the code dump screen. Soo...I have to be PAL eh? That makes my day so much better.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GamerzInc said:
Is that what I've been experiencing then? I'm on an NTSC-U machine and I keep ending up at the code dump screen. Soo...I have to be PAL eh? That makes my day so much better.

I would imagine so.

Shinster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The updated "no frameskip" version runs games perfectly. Not too fast not too slow. It's just tight and the animation is smooth.
smile.gif
emu_kidd really knows what he's doing.

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
i'ma ask again i pressed home during a game and the only options i have is to save, restart the game, or go back to the homebrew channel, is there no way to select another game once you've selected one without going back to the HBC and loading the emu again? it's not that bad if i have to it takes like an extra 10 seconds but it'd be nice if i can just select another game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: 4th wife