RELEASE VBA-next for Switch(works 4.1)

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by catlover007, May 22, 2018.

1. ownedlol

ownedlol GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2018
    United States
    Both topics have been covered in the thread.

Try page 2 through 4.

Leonidas87, notimp and senas8 like this.
  2. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Visualboy Advance should support GB/GBC too but they aren't showing up in the gamelist? is this something that has to be set in the source?

EDIT: GBA running great on 2.3.0 though ;)

Last edited by ploggy, May 23, 2018
    Cencil likes this.
  3. hyndrid

hyndrid Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2018
    Canada
    WORK great thanks you

Attached Files:

4. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Also wondering this, would be nice to have one emulator for both GBA and GBC.

ploggy likes this.
  5. D0ct0r

D0ct0r Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2018
    United States
    The things I would like to see fixed if possible:
    1.) Larger screen size
    2.) Working audio (Inevitability)
    3.) Having the ZR and ZL buttons on the Switch mapped to the R and L buttons for GBA respectively. Pressing the Switch's L and R buttons is a huge chore.

Last edited by D0ct0r, May 23, 2018
  6. CreAtor135

CreAtor135 GBATemp's #1 Nothing

Jan 10, 2015
    United States
    Ikeb, Ukuro
    Aside from docked mode crashes, there is also a heavy performance drop. Framerate dips to about 20-30, and the audio follows the same issue.

7. GhostlyCrowd

GhostlyCrowd Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    Canada
    hmm regardless about how you feel posting a issue on github may be, its the best way and bugs on projects can be linked to sub-projects and forks, so they do work their way down to where they need to be addressed if needed. where is random posts on a forum not mean for support for forked or linked projects will be 100% unheard.

8. You need to stop throwing that word around "Millennial" when you're a Millennial yourself! Please consider another word. It's derogatory and unneeded

Last edited May 23, 2018
    ownedlol, jakibaki and Proto-Propski like this.
  9. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 18, 2007
    I really should use Generation Z... That would finally exclude me. ;)

Also, those are not derogatory terms by themselves - those are descriptors of "generational demographic cohorts".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

Its only in the process of attributing certain characteristic to them - that it might become problematic. Like "uses social media every day - has no idea how its business model works", "thinks they are technologically literate - makes a crowdsourced spreadsheet on google docs of "what games work", when none of them runs fullspeed"; Stuff like that. Its the generalization thats the issue. :) And here is the kicker. I want people to say "I'm not like that" and explore other possibilities, venues, ... I don't do it - because I want to promote prejudices. Its like running around with a mirror that somewhat distorts - but once people complain about it, it looses its effect. I'm going to reduce its use in my postings.

Also, when I'm referring to the meeeee generation:
    Also a demographic descriptor. ;)

The article (click on the 16 above and you can read it online), btw. starts with:
    Then the unpleasant statistics start...

Last edited by notimp, May 23, 2018
  10. It honestly just makes you look petty. Engage in meaningful conversations and people might treat you differently.

11. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    I second that.

Deletedmember448668 likes this.
  12. triple that, or third that lol

Zumoly likes this.
  13. codemasterv

codemasterv Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2016
    United States

Fixes my sound issues on my 5.0.2. Thanks a bunch!

14. Samus20XX

Samus20XX GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2018
    United States
    Now is a good time to point this out to other people who havent realized yet,

Don't feed this troll. Stop giving him attention and hopefully he will go away.

15. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2012
    United States
    Are cheats supported?

16. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 18, 2007
    And dont feed the people, that have to always classify others as trolls. Or use the word toxic like its argument candy. Or that try to disregard others by painting them as outsiders. Especially if they hold deep grudges, over having been depicted as actually wrong in the past.

What have I done thats so wrong this time?

- Told people to please not behave like headless chicken - when talking about issues, that they "have, had - no, yes - wait a second, now it works perfectly - bye"
    - Insisted, that millennial is not a derogatory term, and that I might still use it in the future - acknowledging, that I might have used it too often - and will reduce its use.

Im still here (not allowing attacks against character to stand unanswered). I mean, see it from my perspective for once - I almost only see people in here that want to win arguments, by comparing feels, and doing fakeouts, or applying social pressures - and then I'm called a troll for not falling in line.

If you never can take the high road in an exchange, you have to always try to single the other person out on emotional grounds. Everyone want to "feel good" once in a while, for being right - everyone is wrong once in a while. But especially in internet exchanges, for some reason, after the first back and forth there is a 90% chance of "we dont talk to that person" being applied, if there is no explicitly stated "I also value your opinion".

Bubble Tea.

No.

Only if you use roms with cheat engines patched in.

Currently.

Last edited by notimp, May 23, 2018
  17. KuraudoSutoraifu

KuraudoSutoraifu GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2016
    Germany
    This might seem like a really noobish thing, but I actually had some trouble getting some of my roms to show up in vba-next. Turns out, files with an uppercase *.GBA extension don't show up. Simply renaming them to a lowercase *.gba fixes it though. Just thought I'd share this, in case someone else is as stupid as me xD
    A question I had was, does this support different BIOSes (yet) and if so, which path do they have to be in?

Deletedmember448668 likes this.
  18. Cencil

Cencil GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Canada
    Good to see a wall of text irrelevant to the thread, more clutter burying issues at hand.

Also, it is a derogatory term with the disrespectful tone you were using it in - drop using it completely, got it? And get back on topic rather writing 4 paragraphs of useless bantering :)

19. Not here to read your book
    Read two sentences of his novel and moved on. No point, especially on this forum.

I agree with you stay on topic. Is it possible to put the audio fix link on the main post? Some still think the sudio for this is broken

Last edited May 23, 2018
  20. Leonidas87

Leonidas87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2014
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    Where do we actually get a copy of the fullscreen version build?

Not sure where the actual page is.