codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here's the skinny.

At first wasn't looking to pick it up, but my girl linked me to some videos of Vanquish in action... which along with some hilarious commentary, seemed to show it was a better game than the reviews implied. Got lucky on finding it in a nearby redbox, and ripped it to install so I can play it proper, since currently no CFW can get on to play the demo.

I noticed the game had split files, making me think I would then have to move it over to the internal hard drive... right? Well, multiman 2.00.01 came out not a day later, and one of the features it pimps out is support for loading games with less than 10 split files. at a split file count of 9, I should be good to go with Vanquish... right? Right?

wrong. Every attempt at playing it has just led to a black screen... and one so bad I have to force it to shut off with the power button on the ps3 itself. Can't even quit back to the XMB. I've tried both configured with and without the BD-Mirror option, as one database table said it shouldn't need it. I've tried unpatched and with the latest patch already installed.

Not sure what else to try here, and it's annoying as heck.
hate2.gif
Anyone figured out how to get this game working? I might have simply just set it aside by now, but it just looks that damn cool in action.
nayps3.gif

EDIT: On another note, I find that when I try to play split games, it's insisting that I can't play them unless I set the BD-emulator to Hermes in the XMMB menu. I do that, and it also states that a system restart is needed for the changes to be applied. Well, no matter how many times I restart multiman or the console, it keeps going back to the default there. And that was after installing the BDEMU file that came packaged with multiman, too.
hate2.gif
So I don't know what its problem is.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no "official" package of multiMAN including BDEMU.

On this Wiki, Vanquish it marked as "internal only", it doesn't launch on external.
I don't know if it has been updated after multiMAN ability to launch the split games from external, but I think you should put it on internal.

Your game have 9 files of 4GB? that would be a 36GB game. the game would only have 1 big file, if that's the case, just put it on internal, it will prevent the need to cache the reconstructed file every time if deleted.
The wiki says the game is only 11GB, and psjcl.com says 19GB. I don't think you have 9 split files :/
The european version (19GB) is said working with split files in psjcl.com (using Open Manager). Maybe multiMAN doesn't have the same compatibility than Open Manager.

About launching games with split files from external with multiMAN:

What is your cfw?
if it's Kmeaw, Wutangrza or mfw 3.41, install BDEMU v2.
if it's Waninkoko, you will have to go back to ofw 3.55 and reinstall Kmeaw instead (Waninkoko have only PL3 payload).

BDEMU v2 allow installation of Hermes syscall8 and original PSGroove syscall36.

With BDEMU v2, you should be able to set "hermes" and it should be remembered for your next system reboot.
Then you need to set the "check USB games" to Auto or Always, it allow the verification if split files (for folder with and without the underscore), without detecting the splitfiles it won't reconstruct the split on the internal cache.

"10 files" is for "support up to 10 reconstructed files", not "games with files split in 10 parts".

Not all games work on external with split files. Some are working only from the disc channel, other only from the /app_home/.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 9 split files is whatever method multiman uses to count them when I go to game settings -> test. After it finishes testing a game, it gives you a readout of how many files, storage size, and how many 'split files' (if any) there are.

Running 3.55 Kmeaw, already installed I think it was BDEMU v1. The download I was able to get from psgroove (since the internal update refused to work from 2.00.00 to 2.00.01 ) had the bdemu pkg file in there... I thought that included Hermes's BDEMU?

*EDIT*

Okay, thanks for the BDEMU 2 link. Downloaded the pkg, installed, Also did the "check USB games" suggestion as listed. This time, it actually did want to pre-cache data onto the hard drive, and I allowed it to do so. Problem is, even with that, Vanquish still just black screens. On the upside, it actually does "remember" to stick with the Hermes loader so I can actually try to play these split-file games.

*EDIT 2*

Just to confirm if it would work or not, I also moved over God of War collection (got to borrow from a work friend as a favor), and played from the external... it's also another split-file game, and from what I saw, significantly larger than Vanquish... and that is so far playing just fine this way.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm glad you got the split+cache option working
smile.gif

So it's vanquish that is not working with external split files+cache
frown.gif

The wiki doesn't have the info yet for vanquish, maybe consider adding it.

Did you try the game on internal?
It should work according to that same wiki.

PS : it's strange that multiMAN reports 9 split files.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry it took me so long to get back to this, but just been really slammed with work lately.
frown.gif

Aaaanyway... tried out and played God of War Collection in split+cache to make sure it works. Now kinda irritated about that semi-brick induced by rebug's spoofer, because now that I lost my PSN credentials, the game will not allow me to save... or record trophies earned.
hateps3.gif
Making me ache for a 3.6* CFW already, or at least some way to sign on and reactivate my account and credentials again. Anyway...

Though I didn't want to, went and made space to copy vanquish over from the external to internal. Didn't accept the game update thus far, but it does launch now. Though I can say I'm a bit annoyed that it currently doesn't play off the external, even though by now it should. Guess if and/or when I can get my credentials back, I will need whatever that homebrew is that will let me back that up and/or restore it.

CaveManXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old post but I would like to add my two cents...lol. I couldn't get Vanquish to work either until this...... maybe this will help somebody out. But I used PS3ISO REBUILDER with the ird file and copyed it to usb stick with a NTFS Partition. ( YOU COULD USE A NTFS EXTERNAL HD IF YOU WISH)...Loaded the game up and it booted fine.so I decided to copy it to my other larger external FAT32 hard drive(HAD IT IN SLOT USB/001) using (irisman) with the rest of my backup games and all is good now. But I would switch your preferred ext drive back over to usb/00 SLOT to play from..... I will say that the copy process took a little longer than expected roughly 35 to 40 minutes that was worth it. Also I would add that I tried other file splitting programs and nothing seem to work. so this might save somebody some trouble. I hope this helps somebody out.

Last edited by CaveManXx,

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the takeaway here ? did you learn anything from this thread? It seems unrelated to your problem other that its the same game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?